Hacking Alphabetical list of installed WiiU games ?

toccy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Using CFW.
OOI Is there a way to show the games which are installed in a Alphabetical sort ?
The game icons at the home screen are arranged by install order then you can re-arrange these as you please, the Data Management isnt alphabetical... I assume install order not sure.
Is there a homebrew app to list all games installed or a different game launcher which is alphabetical on tiltes ??

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have to arrange them yourself. A pain I know. They'll stay put as long as you don't unplug your USB drive (assuming that's where you have some titles installed)

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
savemii shows installed titles in alphabetical order.

data management sort them according its ID.

wiiu title sort, sort titles in menu by name, it's available on app store.

xpoverzion

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
The Wii U is a pain in the ass when it comes to organizing games on the home screen. You can manually organize all your games from A-Z, or you can organize them in folders. I organized mine into folders for each console. Now here is the problem as Kafluke mention... You can't unplug your USB drive at any point, AND you can't unplug the power cord from the Wii U. It seems that the Wii U doesn't have a CMOS battery or something similar to save your configurations. Almost as if the Wii U stores this information in the RAM. When power is cut from the USB drive or console itself, all the work you put into organizing everything is lost.

Reactions: toccy

toccy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for info people, Thought i was being stupid or missed something.

You can't unplug your USB drive at any point, AND you can't unplug the power cord from the Wii U.
So I've Installed CBHC and then moved the Icon in to a folder and moved the folder to the end screen, If the power goes will this move?

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You have to arrange them yourself. A pain I know. They'll stay put as long as you don't unplug your USB drive (assuming that's where you have some titles installed)

savemii shows installed titles in alphabetical order.

data management sort them according its ID.

wiiu title sort, sort titles in menu by name, it's available on app store.

What? Are you guys sure?
I could swear that's not the case for me.
I have a Folder for a few games which are on my USB stick (WFS).
The folder has the following pattern:

U U N U U
U N U U U
U E E E E

When I unplug USB it looks like this:

E E N E E
E N E E E
E E E E E

When I replug USB it looks like this again:
U U N U U
U N U U U
U E E E E

U = game on USB
N = game on NAND
E = empty slot

xpoverzion

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Thanks for info people, Thought i was being stupid or missed something.

So I've Installed CBHC and then moved the Icon in to a folder and moved the folder to the end screen, If the power goes will this move?
Yes. The CBHC related Icons will move out of the folder if the Wii U is unplugged or loses power in any way. Pretty lame that Nintendo didn't think this one through and make it so that this doesn't happen. I have learned all of this the hard way as I have about 200 games installed on the external drive. It takes about 30 minutes to organize all those games into the folders/categories I created for them. I unplugged the Wii U for a few minutes and when I turned it back on again all, the folders were still there, but all the games were removed out of the folders and placed back on the home screen. So I spent the time to put everything back into their respective folders, only to find out that the same thing happened when I unplugged the USB drive for a few minutes. Had to spend the time AGAIN to put all the games back into their folders. Now I don't touch the USB drive, nor do I ever unplug the power cord from the Wii U. Fingers crossed that an extended power outage doesn't occur, but it's just a matter of time until that happens. With all this being said, you can momentarily unplug the power cord, or USB drive but only for a moment. It seems that anything longer than a minute or two, and the system loses it's memory of how you had everything organized.

Last edited by xpoverzion,

toccy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes. The CBHC related Icons will move out of the folder if the Wii U is unplugged or loses power in any way.

OMG. Feel your pain but thats funny how they done it like that. Must be a concious effort... maybe...
I see no benefit for them to write it like that, How strange, Why would N spend money on creating a customization menu which you need to keep alive!!! and then leave it like that?!?
Who coded it and more importantly who passed it on QC! Must have been damn budget cuts, obviously didn't pay the programmer. Shame they didnt pay in peanuts sure monkeys would have made a better hash of it.

Pitty when booting with CFW that no one has done an app to save the menu layout and restore it if/when needed.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@lordelan tbh I dont wanna unplug it now to find out :\

Tri-Z

Tri z
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I organized my icons with that app so alphabetical then I have a junk folder with cbhc and daily log, h&s, parental, controls. I unplug my Wii U a lot to take it to dif house and I’ve never had it once take my icons out of folder. Everything stays organized and everything in the junk folder stays in that folder
I’ve also unplugged my hardrive to do vwii stuff and when plugged hd in everything is still as is. Maybe it’s got to do with using that organizing app.

Last edited by Tri-Z,

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I organized my icons with that app so alphabetical then I have a junk folder with cbhc and daily log, h&s, parental, controls. I unplug my Wii U a lot to take it to dif house and I’ve never had it once take my icons out of folder. Everything stays organized and everything in the junk folder stays in that folder
I’ve also unplugged my hardrive to do vwii stuff and when plugged hd in everything is still as is. Maybe it’s got to do with using that organizing app.
Never used the sorting app and got my icons thrown out their folders some times :/

not sure what cause this, but I don't want to mess around with it either lol.

Tri-Z

Tri z
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never used the sorting app and got my icons thrown out their folders some times :/

not sure what cause this, but I don't want to mess around with it either lol.

App I used was called: Menu Sort - WiiU Menu Sort

Worked and the order holds. Maybe the app saves the setup. Found it in HB App Store I believe. It’s been awhile since I set it up

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using CFW.
OOI Is there a way to show the games which are installed in a Alphabetical sort ?
The game icons at the home screen are arranged by install order then you can re-arrange these as you please, the Data Management isnt alphabetical... I assume install order not sure.
Is there a homebrew app to list all games installed or a different game launcher which is alphabetical on tiltes ??
The Homebrew app Menu Sort works perfectly. And it has exclusions so you can omit certain titles if you want. Nothing yet to sort the game list in the Data Management screen, that would be terrific.

mrwasi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

I've un[lugged my WiiU numerous times and the file system stays the same as long as you start the system with the HDD plugged in

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the apps are probably arranged by time stamp (time created). they should stay the same even if you unplug the drive (had a toggle switch for it). there is an app to sort them, but it's experimental. I can't recall the name of it, but it's on the forums.

edit: I did it manually.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Honda Mitsubishi Sony Sushi kun!