Hacking Acekard RPG - VISTA Driver needed?

gnugnu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello guys,

I received my Acekard today. Yippee!
smile.gif

But there is a big problem. Everytime I try to connect the card via USB to the PC a window pops up saying that I need to install a driver for the unknown hardware. As far as I know the card should install itself without any driver...

PROBLEM!!!
wacko.gif

Any help?

gratefulbuddy

amateur lunatic
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Posted by: rickshaw888 Nov 20 2007, 01:12 PM
Finally found what the issue was with my PC not recognizing my Acekard RPG card. I have LibUsb-Win32 installed which was the culprit in this case. I uninstalled it and after connecting the card to my PC. It recognized it. I installed the LibUsb-Win32 so I can connect my PS3 controller.

Oh well. Thanks.

Mybe try looking into something along these lines.

gnugnu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thank you for your quick reply! =)

Unfortunately I have nothing like that installed on my system. Any other advice? I really don't know what to do... =(

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The problem is that it is not recognizing the device as a mass storage unit and it is confusing it with unknown hardware. I think you need to manually get it to recognize it as a mass storage device. There was a thread here a while ago with the same problem in which the above poster pulled that quote from there was a series of suggestions, maybe try looking in the other pages and seeing if you can find it.

PS: Where did you purchase your RPG?

gnugnu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I purchased mine at ConsoleUp.

Found the Thread and tried to install generic driver under vista. It doesn't work.
cry.gif

No I'll try on another pc... maybe that will work. *grumbel*

That does not work either...
hate2.gif

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
what operating system are you using? Vista?

PS: Did you try this?

QUOTE said:
I finally got my Acekard RPG today. I had a different kind of problem when I plugged in the flash card to my PC with WinXP for the first time. I can hear the sound that kicks off when you plug in a usb device that the system recognizes. But it doesn't show up in my windows explorer. I had struggled for a while trying to figure out what to do. Then I went into Systems->Device Manager and in there the Acekard RPG show as unknown device. What I did was right mouse click on the device and selected the Update Driver option. It scanned the system for the proper driver and after that it worked.

So far so good.

gnugnu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yes, I did this. I'm using VISTA64 on both computers I connected the card with... maybe a vista64 issue?

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I did this. I'm using VISTA64 on both computers I connected the card with... maybe a vista64 issue?
I don't know anything else you can do sorry. Maybe you should try reinstalling the mass storage USB drivers for vista, although that will probably not fix it as it is the Acekard that doesn't have the drivers not the computer. Do other mass storage units work?

gnugnu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Everything else is working fine. I have a card reader running, and my external hdd is working too.

How do I reinstall the mass storage driver on vista? ^^

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
How do I reinstall the mass storage driver on vista? ^^
Forget about it then. The problem isn't your computer. It is the acekard. Email the acekard RPG team if you can't find another way to get it to work. Make sure to describe EVERYTHING to them though. Meanwhile, you can just use its Micro SD card slot to play pirated games if you want.

DaMummy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ive had the same problem, all you gotta do is let it sit, itll say installation of unknown storage device(or something like that) than unplug the usb and plug it back in and you should be able to access the nand memory...at least it worked for me on my vista

gnugnu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Nothing working so far...

It says, new hardware found - must install driver.

The first time I connected to the computer it worked...
I had the time to update the card to version 4.06 and to copy a few skins over.
After that first connection it never worked again. =(

TD-Linux

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try going into the device manager, finding the device, and removing the drivers and all completely.

Then, if the Add Hardware wizard appears the next time you plug it in, see if you can manually pick a Mass Storage Device driver from a list (something which may not be possible in Vista)

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it's pretty funny how everyone is posting quotes from my thread about my Acekard RPG not working and I still can't my Acekard working. I still haven't sent my Acekard back in hopes I could get it working. I've tried 4 different computers, all running Windows XP.

I've tried pointing it towards different drivers, but maybe I'm not pointing it to the correct one? I don't know, maybe it just IS dead. The first time I put it in my DS (I did this before I plugged it into my PC), it went to the Acekard RPG loading screen, then hung there. I get the "Install New Hardware Wizard."
frown.gif
I don't have LibUSB-Win32 installed

Anybody have any ideas?

Kingwad

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Are you using a retractable USB cable? I have had a LOT of problems with retractable USB cables (Including my RPG and digital camera). I have had no problems with the RPG with a regular cable.

gnugnu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I tried 3 different mini-usb cables. None worked. Today I'll try a computer with windows xp. I think the card is broken... ='(

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I tried 3 different mini-usb cables. None worked. Today I'll try a computer with windows xp. I think the card is broken... ='(
Ya, we have already established it is the card not the computer. If other USB mass storage devices work there is no point in trying it with another computer. It is the card. Maybe you should try all the stuff we suggested on Windows XP instead of Vista and see how it goes. Good luck.
smile.gif

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not likely. I'm just going to send mine back this weekend (maybe). Of course my cart was DOA after I bought it to replace my stolen R4. =_=;;

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    in that case, there is no such thing as homebrew launcher for aroma
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    you have to launch your homebrews directly from the wii u menu
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    there is a plugin that display them on the wii u menu, pretty sure it is enabled by default
  • crafthp434 @ crafthp434:
    so like it doesnt exist
    yeah
    ?
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    it doesn't exist, at least not for aroma
    ohhhhh
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    on tiramisu you can access it by opening mii maker
    okay
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I don't have a wii u anymore to test it myself, but if homebrews are not visible on the wii u menu I think you can press L + R + minus to open the plugin menu, there should be an option called "homebrews on wii u menu" or something similar
    nope
    it is L+dpad down+ select
    but homebrew is appearing in the home menu btw
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    yes, now I remember it
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    then it is working, I also don't like that they did this but it is the only option you have if you are using aroma
    i just didint know the homebrew launcher didint exist in aroma
    thanks btw
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Im downloading fallout 3 goty edition
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm downloading more ram for my hamster pc
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    New hamster PC, with anal operation and BT connectivity!
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, How do I make enemies respawn on gdevelop after
    the player dies?
    Carrying a PC or phone is so old school!
    Squeeze your cheeks twice to answer calls!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty you can use a "spawner" function on any object.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: @Xdqwerty you can use a "spawner" function on any object.