Acekard RPG - VISTA Driver needed?

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by gnugnu, Jan 12, 2008.

Jan 12, 2008
  1. gnugnu
    OP

Newcomer gnugnu Member

Germany
    Hello guys,

I received my Acekard today. Yippee! [​IMG]

But there is a big problem. Everytime I try to connect the card via USB to the PC a window pops up saying that I need to install a driver for the unknown hardware. As far as I know the card should install itself without any driver...

PROBLEM!!! [​IMG]

Any help?

2. gratefulbuddy

Member gratefulbuddy amateur lunatic

United States
    Mybe try looking into something along these lines.

3. gnugnu
    OP

Newcomer gnugnu Member

Germany
    Thank you for your quick reply! =)

Unfortunately I have nothing like that installed on my system. Any other advice? I really don't know what to do... =(

4. golden

Member golden What a Digital Dummy!!!

United States
    The problem is that it is not recognizing the device as a mass storage unit and it is confusing it with unknown hardware. I think you need to manually get it to recognize it as a mass storage device. There was a thread here a while ago with the same problem in which the above poster pulled that quote from there was a series of suggestions, maybe try looking in the other pages and seeing if you can find it.

PS: Where did you purchase your RPG?

5. gnugnu
    OP

Newcomer gnugnu Member

Germany
    I purchased mine at ConsoleUp.

Found the Thread and tried to install generic driver under vista. It doesn't work. [​IMG]

No I'll try on another pc... maybe that will work. *grumbel*

That does not work either... [​IMG]

6. golden

United States
    what operating system are you using? Vista?

PS: Did you try this?

7. gnugnu
    OP

Newcomer gnugnu Member

Germany
    Yes, I did this. I'm using VISTA64 on both computers I connected the card with... maybe a vista64 issue?

8. golden

United States
    I don't know anything else you can do sorry. Maybe you should try reinstalling the mass storage USB drivers for vista, although that will probably not fix it as it is the Acekard that doesn't have the drivers not the computer. Do other mass storage units work?

9. gnugnu
    OP

Newcomer gnugnu Member

Germany
    Everything else is working fine. I have a card reader running, and my external hdd is working too.

How do I reinstall the mass storage driver on vista? ^^

10. golden

United States
    Forget about it then. The problem isn't your computer. It is the acekard. Email the acekard RPG team if you can't find another way to get it to work. Make sure to describe EVERYTHING to them though. Meanwhile, you can just use its Micro SD card slot to play pirated games if you want.

11. DaMummy

Member DaMummy GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    ive had the same problem, all you gotta do is let it sit, itll say installation of unknown storage device(or something like that) than unplug the usb and plug it back in and you should be able to access the nand memory...at least it worked for me on my vista

12. gnugnu
    OP

Newcomer gnugnu Member

Germany
    Nothing working so far...

It says, new hardware found - must install driver.

The first time I connected to the computer it worked...
    I had the time to update the card to version 4.06 and to copy a few skins over.
    After that first connection it never worked again. =(

13. TD-Linux

Newcomer TD-Linux Member

United States
    Try going into the device manager, finding the device, and removing the drivers and all completely.

Then, if the Add Hardware wizard appears the next time you plug it in, see if you can manually pick a Mass Storage Device driver from a list (something which may not be possible in Vista)

14. Beware

Member Beware GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I think it's pretty funny how everyone is posting quotes from my thread about my Acekard RPG not working and I still can't my Acekard working. I still haven't sent my Acekard back in hopes I could get it working. I've tried 4 different computers, all running Windows XP.

I've tried pointing it towards different drivers, but maybe I'm not pointing it to the correct one? I don't know, maybe it just IS dead. The first time I put it in my DS (I did this before I plugged it into my PC), it went to the Acekard RPG loading screen, then hung there. I get the "Install New Hardware Wizard." [​IMG] I don't have LibUSB-Win32 installed

Anybody have any ideas?

15. Kingwad

Newcomer Kingwad Advanced Member

Canada
    Are you using a retractable USB cable? I have had a LOT of problems with retractable USB cables (Including my RPG and digital camera). I have had no problems with the RPG with a regular cable.

16. gnugnu
    OP

Newcomer gnugnu Member

Germany
    I tried 3 different mini-usb cables. None worked. Today I'll try a computer with windows xp. I think the card is broken... ='(

17. golden

United States
    Ya, we have already established it is the card not the computer. If other USB mass storage devices work there is no point in trying it with another computer. It is the card. Maybe you should try all the stuff we suggested on Windows XP instead of Vista and see how it goes. Good luck. [​IMG]

18. gnugnu
    OP

Newcomer gnugnu Member

Germany
    I contacted team acekard on the official forum. They said my card is broken and I have to send it back.

19. Extreme Coder

Member Extreme Coder GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Egypt
    IMO, as a last hope, you should try using Linux or Mac, maybe it will work [​IMG]

20. Beware

Member Beware GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Not likely. I'm just going to send mine back this weekend (maybe). Of course my cart was DOA after I bought it to replace my stolen R4. =_=;;