Hacking Acekard 3 - Isn't working

wiitor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just recently bought an AceKard 3, just received it. I got an 8 GB MicroSD card filled with old homebrew stuff. I put the card into the 3DS, but I don't think it is working. I don't see the stuff I saw before with my old AceKard R.P.G with my DS Lite.

Do I need to install any software on the MicroSD to get the AceKard to start to work?

It looked like the cart showed up as Nemo.

Thanks

Wiitor

wiitor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wiitor said:
I just recently bought an AceKard 3, just received it. I got an 8 GB MicroSD card filled with old homebrew stuff. I put the card into the 3DS, but I don't think it is working. I don't see the stuff I saw before with my old AceKard R.P.G with my DS Lite.

Do I need to install any software on the MicroSD to get the AceKard to start to work?

It looked like the cart showed up as Nemo.

Thanks

Wiitor

OK, just saw that I was fooled. So the reason it shows as Nemo, is because the cart is probably originally a Nemo game that they added an acekard 3 sticker on the cart. But I still don't understand how they got the little MicroSD card slot on the cart. And why they actually sent me a real 8 GB MicroSD card.

Bummer.

Wiitor

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Well I wouldn't say it will NEVER work at all, even bad clones usually work to some extent. What do you mean you 'don't see' the stuff you saw with your RPG? What happens when you put it in your 3DS? You'll need some system software on it, but the real AceKard software tries to block clones from working with it. If there's homebrew stuff on the microSD you'd expect whoever you bought it off would have put a working firmware on there as well.

By the way, it shows up as a game to fool the 3DS into running it - 'legit' flash carts show up as various games as well.

wiitor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slyakin said:
Acekard... 3?

Oh, does it actually say 3 on it? Then it's a confirmed fake that will NEVER work.

Yep, I should have researched.

Wiitor

QUOTE(Ireland 1 @ May 15 2011, 09:43 AM) Is this what it looks like? http://www.acekard3.com/
Because if it is, that was alreday reported as a fake here. http://gbatemp.net/t281849-acekard-3-3ds

No, it does not look like that. It does not have a "2", it has a "3". and it says www.acekard.cc in the bottom black area. Actually, I'll take pictures and post them.

and I did not buy it from that site, and unfortunately, I can't remember the actual site I bought it from, but I bought through PayPal and see if they might refund me money. Maybe not.

I'm not too upset. My fault for not doing the correct research.

Wiitor.

OK, sorry. Thought the insert image would allow me to upload images of the cart. I'll see if I can find that site again, and link to it.

OK, here is a link I found

http://www.r4town.com/products/Acekard-3-c...DS-and-DSi.html

Also, notice at the bottom that they even allowed reviews that specifically say this is a fake.

No, they weren't there when I bought mine, although I feel more and more like a complete idiot.

Wiitor

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
suprgamr232 said:
Dter ic said:
consider buying a good card like the acekard2i (works on 3ds although the patch isn't out yet) website

Umm...the patch for the acekard 2i IS released. It's at the top of the download page.
She probably means 1.4.2 DSi patch.
Which has no bearing on 3DS play at all.

nilly

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This is probably some kind of R4 Clone with a fake sticker, so you should be able to get it to work with the right firmware for that particular R4, perhaps not with a 3ds, but mabye. waste of time i'd say but anywho

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/sGvT5FKSiyk?si=TYqsdjjbF-4N8Xc8