Acekard 2i won't show folders?

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Mike_Tha_Hero, Apr 21, 2010.

Apr 21, 2010
  1. Mike_Tha_Hero
    OP

Newcomer Mike_Tha_Hero Member

United States
    Hey guys, just got my Acekard 2i up and running, and it won't veiw folders. When I put the actual ROM on the root, it plays just fine. Is my microSD card not set up correctly or what?

2. Scott-105

Member Scott-105 Bow to me. Please?

Canada
    Did you download firmware?

3. Hakoda

Member Hakoda GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Check that the folders are not invisible on your computer. Also open your globalsettings.ini and check the first line:"hiddenFileNames=" Make sure your folder name is not in that list.

4. tk_saturn

Member tk_saturn GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    That would be difficult if he didn't have AKAIO or Official on it wouldn't it?

If you didn't in the first place, format your MicroSD card with the Panasonic SD Formatter. If the problem persists, post a screenshot of the root directory of you MicroSD card.

AKAIO has no problems loading ROMS when they are in sub-directories, however some homebrew need to be in the root directory for them to run.

You're a n00b, so i'm going to say it. You are pressing the (A) button in AKAIO to open the folders aren't you?

5. Mike_Tha_Hero
    OP

United States
    Thanks for the help guys.

Yes I am using AKAIO, and I see no folders to press "A" on. I'll attempt to format the card, but does anyone have any other reason to this?

6. tk_saturn

United Kingdom
    After formatting try downloading this file and extracting it to the root directory of your MicroSD card. Double click on "makecat2.bat" and it'll create a few directories for you. It's what I do on mine, and AKAIO sees those no problem.

7. Mike_Tha_Hero
    OP

United States
    Thanks dude, worked fine. Could you possibly tell me the way to use cheats with my games? Thank you.

8. tk_saturn

United Kingdom
    I have a guide on here http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=218103 that will tell you how to use them. To add your own use R4CCE and one of these guides ED's http://cheats.gbatemp.net/forum/general-ha...reconstruction/ or Curley's http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=95774

9. Mike_Tha_Hero
    OP

United States
    Thanks man, you are all the best of the best when it comes to the gaming community. I'm officially taken care of right now. Talk to you all later.

10. CannonFoddr

Member CannonFoddr Regular GBATemp Lurker

United Kingdom
    Out of curiosity - what were the names of the folders that never showed up on the Acekard ??
    Were they placed in the __ak (or __aio) folder by any chance ??