Hacking Acekard 2i rev. 2 - Error not enough space

vgambit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using AKAIO 1.6 RC2 with the latest loaders (dated 3/25/10). Whenever I try to play Sonic Classic Collection or Metroid Prime Pinball, I get a message saying "Error not enough space." I know space isn't an issue, because even 120 MB games still work fine with as little as 5 MB free on the microSD card. All of my other DS and GBA roms work fine except those two, even though there is supposed to have been a fix for Sonic Classic Collection.

I'm using a DS Lite with the EZ 3 in 1 cart in slot 2.

gary2010

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my acekard with 1.6rc2 plays sonic classic collections easily and sega all stars racing i would format ur sd and put all the stuff back on

vgambit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Worked for Metroid Prime Pinball, but not Sonic Classic Collection. I still get the "Error not enough Space" "There is not enough space on the target disk, can not copy file." problem with that.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
vgambit said:
Worked for Metroid Prime Pinball, but not Sonic Classic Collection. I still get the "Error not enough Space" "There is not enough space on the target disk, can not copy file." problem with that.

QUOTE(vgambit @ Mar 30 2010, 11:38 PM) there is supposed to have been a fix for Sonic Classic Collection.

Are you getting the error in AKAIO or Windows? If it's in Windows, you'll just have to free up more space and try again. Try trimming your roms and formatting your SD card with the Panasonic Formatter if you previously formatted using Windows Explorer.

vgambit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's in AKAIO. The roms were all trimmed using NDSTokyoTrim. I formatted using the Panasonic application, with the settings at default (Format Type: Quick, and Format Size Adjustment: Off).

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
vgambit said:
It's in AKAIO. The roms were all trimmed using NDSTokyoTrim. I formatted using the Panasonic application, with the settings at default (Format Type: Quick, and Format Size Adjustment: Off).
I've never seen this problem in my life. Can you post a picture? How big is the SD and how much space is used currently? Something tells me it has to do with your EZ Flash. I don't know why, maybe. Someone else please correct me.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
vgambit said:
If AKAIO is giving you an error that you don't have enough space to copy a rom, then make sure there is enough space equilivent to the size of sonic rom.

DSi Enchanced games also give errors if they are trimmed (even with NDSTokyoTrim). As Sonic Classic is meant to be using a DSi cart, try using a clean rom.

I haven't tried it on RC2, but on RC1 Sonic Classic works fine on one of my SD cards which has less than 5MB free.

vgambit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tk_saturn said:
vgambit said:
If AKAIO is giving you an error that you don't have enough space to copy a rom, then make sure there is enough space equilivent to the size of sonic rom.

DSi Enchanced games also give errors if they are trimmed (even with NDSTokyoTrim). As Sonic Classic is meant to be using a DSi cart, try using a clean rom.

I haven't tried it on RC2, but on RC1 Sonic Classic works fine on one of my SD cards which has less than 5MB free.

Well, the sonic rom is 64 MB. The game I'm playing the most lately is 128 MB. I don't think space is the issue.

Also, I have tried Sonic without the trim. Same issue. I'm not sure how a screenshot would help. I select the Sonic rom, hit A, and the usual "Processing... Do not power off!" window pops up. A split second later, before a bar appears in the processing window, another window pops up titled "Error not enough Space" with the text "There is not enough space on the target disk, can not copy file." inside.

Edit: Took out the ezflash, same problem.

Edit: Where can I find the latest loaders for RC1? tk_saturn, could you upload them to mediafire?

vgambit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tk_saturn said:
Don't tinker with the loaders or update them.

The lastest loaders for RC1/ RC2 are allready included in their archives.
The loaders that came with RC2 said that WarioWare was fixed in an update. The same changelog for RC1 doesn't have WarioWare listed.

I don't want to sacrifice WarioWare DIY for Sonic Classics Collection.

vgambit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hm... I just downgraded to 1.6 RC1 and had the same issue with Sonic, #4765.

Edit: Tried it with #4799 (Eur version), same issues.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
after you format with the panasonic formatter, if you check it in your o/s, it reports as having enough free space? both of those games work just fine for me. i tested them in 3 acekards and 5 different msd cards using 1.6 rc2. your msd card is probably starting to go.

try untrimmed clean roms.
make sure you have at least 100 mb free to save file creation.
don't use the same save files created with any trimmed roms.

-another world

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If your MicroSD card is on the blink as AW suggests, download a program called quickpar. Create a par2 file of all your roms on your MSD. Use the par2 file to verify the files on your HardDisk are identical to those on your MicroSD.

vgambit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another World said:
after you format with the panasonic formatter, if you check it in your o/s, it reports as having enough free space? both of those games work just fine for me. i tested them in 3 acekards and 5 different msd cards using 1.6 rc2. your msd card is probably starting to go.

try untrimmed clean roms.
make sure you have at least 100 mb free to save file creation.
don't use the same save files created with any trimmed roms.

-another world
I just did a full format (instead of a quick one) using the Panasonic formatter. I then copied only the AKAIO RC2 and Sonic rom to the microSD card, and it ran fine. I looked at the save file it made (now that it was finally able to get far enough to make one) and it was 512 kb. Considering I had around 7 mb free before, I don't think that was the issue.

Post full format, all roms loaded, with sav made just now: Loads, but I was unable to copy back over one of the gba roms I had on there before. Teracopy said the file or folder could not be created at the target. 25 MB free.

Post full format, all roms loaded, without sav (the way it was before): Loads.

I've been testing out transferring files to it, and now it seems that I'm unable to put anything "new" on the microSD card. If it was on there before, it will transfer just fine, but even a small file can't be copied.

Ok, I think this is actually a limitation of the FAT filesystem, or maybe the microSD card itself. Once you reach a certain fill percentage of the storage medium, it doesn't even let you write files to it anymore. This is what was causing the problem before. It had enough space, but the filesystem wouldn't allow it.

Anyway, count this as resolved, I suppose. Thanks for the help, guys. Now I just have to delete a few roms off here...

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
its not a FAT limitation, your msd is probably just starting to go. they have a limited number or reads/writes. it happens. when they go they do really odd stuff. sometimes they work but the same 1 file goes corrupt, sometimes they don't let you write data to them after a certain point, sometimes they seem to work fine but you can't erase anything off of them.

try these applications instead of the panasonic formatter:
http://filetrip.net/f9973-HP-USB-Format-Tool-SP27608.html HP-USB Format Tool vSP27608
http://gparted.sourceforge.net/livecd.php GParted-Live x86 (includes a Formatting Tool)

-another world

Sushilover22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This just happened to me but i think it messed up my card because when i put the card on the computer to delete games to make room it didn't have the files on there but it won't let me add the menu and stuff to make it work on there because its there but its not. Also when i put the card on the dsi it said i was missing the stystem file.. Please help me out! Is there anyway to fix this? Ill probably have to buy a new msd card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.