Acekard 2i (?) on 3DS

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by TheFatassOfKicka, Oct 13, 2011.

1. TheFatassOfKicka
    OP

TheFatassOfKicka Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 13, 2011
    United States
    I've got an Acekard 2i (w/black PCB, HW 81, Actel chip, and a 'VH' chip on the other side, something I've never seen in an Acekard 2i before... shouldn't it be something else?) and I can't for the life of me #1. tell if it is fake or #2. get it working with my 3DS.

I used a DS lite to try to update it to the current 3DS firmware. The 'DSL' version of the updater doesn't function, hangs at 'press B'. The DSi version seemed to work - it took less than a minute to update the firmware, and IDK if that's right or not - but when I try to use the Acekard on my 3DS, the icon/name shows up as Acekard in the menu (which I'm pretty sure is wrong to begin with) and I'm given an error when I try to boot it.

I also get a 'Clone 3' error on my DS lite whenever I use an AKAIO firmware higher than 1.8.5a which completely prevents me from doing anything.

Sounds like this is a total fake but I'm not sure, what do you guys think? And if you don't think it's a fake, any ideas as to how to get this thing working with my 3DS?

2. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    What's the site printed on the cart, where are you getting the updates from?

3. FIX94

FIX94 Global Moderator

Global Moderator
    Dec 3, 2009
    Germany
    ???