i dont understand how to make the acekard 2i to work on the dsi or dsl

plz help
yaynds.gif

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE([email protected] @ Aug 20 2009, 11:42 AM) i dont understand how to make the acekard 2i to work on the dsi or dsl

plz help
yaynds.gif

WTF.

You put it in. You turn your DS on. You tap Acekard, and it loads.

If you need to set it up, look at the top few threads. There's one that says something like "How to set up your Ackeard blabblabla". Click it and read, you can't miss it.

Kalisiin

Trophies
Website
www.kalisiin.com
XP
Country
United States
ReddPaint said:
Sure, people steal s h i t all the time, that's a redundant argument. My point was, flashcard users are destroying the already fragile grounds for legitimate usage of flashcards id est homebrew/backups. Homebrew's justification is tainted because thieves use the scene as coverage to try to legitimize their actions. Sure a flashcard manufacture can care less if you use their product to play illegally obtained games, they just want to move their merchandise, which, as a capitalist, is fine by me. The responsibility in the end, lays in the hands of the individual user. Exempli gratia: You can attempt to operate a motor vehicle under the influence of a controlled substance to get you from point A to B, pretty much not exactly what the manufactures intended their product to be used for, but arguably within the legal means. You can also take that same car and intentionally drive it into a bunch of school kids while intoxicated because you hate children...most places (that I know of) would frown upon these actions, and are illegal buy all means, but an individual can choose to use the product in an ill manner, the total opposite of it's intention. In contrast, using a product to run unsigned code on a DSi or what ever is totally different from using it to play stolen games. It comes down to the individual's moral standing and sense of honor, and as a soldier of more then 11 years, it disturbs me to see how many of you sit among the dishonorable.

Basically what I have been trying to say. I'm not using it to steal anything Nintendo...or anyone else...will sell me, so what's the bitch? How'm I cutting into anyone's profits...by obtaining the games I actually want? I'm an old-schooler. If they refuse to service us old-schoolers (when they COULD do so...and at zero production cost to them) how can they rightly complain if I go elsewhere to get what I want?
They ought not have a right to hold a copyright that they are not using...and thus prevent someone else from then putting the game out for sale or whatever. fact is...I want and I like only the old stuff. I could give a hang for the new stuff it is too complicated, not very interesting, poorly made, stupidly themed after dumbass celebrities...I have no real interest in 95 percent of the SHIT they put out for sale.
For the five percent of stuff they put out there that IS good....I'm more than happy to open my wallet and pay for it.
But, why can't I then have a nice little backup of what I just already bought?

For example, I bought both DQ4 and DQ5...and the second that I hear DQ6 has an official release date, I'll be on with Game Stop to reserve my copy for purchase on the very first day it is released.

More recently than DQ5, I purchased The Dark Spire. WHY?? Because the game was actually worth buying...it had that nice good "old-school" feel. Just your basic dungeon-crawler. I'm more than happy to BUY stuff if they will make available to me what I actually WANT.
I want things like the ORIGINAL Metroid...the ORIGINAL Final Fantasy...I mean, you get the idea, here.

smf said:
Kalisiin said:
HOW THE HELL CAN NINTENDO RIGHTLY BITCH ABOUT WHAT I AM DOING...IF THEY REFUSE TO MAKE AVAILABLE TO ME...AT ANY PRICE...THE STUFF I ACTUALLY WANT...AND WOULD HAPPILY PAY FOR IF THEY MADE IT AVAILABLE FOR ME TO BUY?

If a copyright holder wants to withdraw a product then they are legally entitled to do so & to enforce their copyright by preventing you from obtaining a copy by illegal means. There is no law that says that you can copy something if you can't buy it.

There is also no law that stops them from blocking homebrew, because it wasn't something they said it could do when you bought it.

You aren't even forced to update your DSi, they even give you a nice EULA to read and agree to. If you don't agree then it doesn't change anything.

Once again...if they aren't gonna USE the copyright...they should be forced to release it. Why should anyone have a right to make a game just "disappear"? As to the EULA...yeah, sure. but with the most recent update...THEY DID NOT COME OUT AND SAY IT WOULD BREAK YOUR FLASHKART. They were deceptive in how they went about it...thus I did NOT agree (that is to say, I did not give INFORMED CONSENT.) And that is my argument with Nintendo.

And again, I still argue that I'm only using the flashcart to get that which no-one will sell me, not at any price. why should I have to do without, just because some butthole holds a stupid copyright THAT THEY AREN'T EVEN USING? Why should they get to make the classics disappear?

QUOTE([email protected] @ Aug 20 2009, 06:42 AM)
i dont understand how to make the acekard 2i to work on the dsi or dsl

plz help
yaynds.gif

Try this.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=154624

A couple of seconds searching the forum should have gotten you to that, it's even been stickied.

And it's a great guide.

I'm a serious noob with this stuff, and I managed, with that guide, to do it right...so if you can't do it right, using that, then you haven't earned the right to use a flashkart.

It totally isn't difficult.

maxapbl4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I suppose it isn't the official fix of the Acekard team as nothing is stated about it on their website.
I guess we will have to wait till the release of the real fix/new firmware...
frown.gif

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You're an idiot, and need to stop posting. Nintendo isn't bitching about anything, they are stopping you. YOU are bitching about that. If you only want old school games, then buy a damn Gameboy Color. You're lucky the DS technology has any support for old games at all. It's unreasonable to expect them to rerelease games in a new form just because you started crying about it. You can stop saying "NO PRODUCTION COST" because they'd likely need to update liscences, and come up with ways to distribute it. If someone doesn't offer you what you want, you aren't allowed to just take it. That's like robbing a bank after they've turned down a loan application. And no, Nintendo had nothing to do with the laws saying you can't do these things. Buy a few more DS's. I'm sure that'll show em.

Kalisiin

Trophies
Website
www.kalisiin.com
XP
Country
United States
injected11 said:
You're an idiot, and need to stop posting. Nintendo isn't bitching about anything, they are stopping you. YOU are bitching about that. If you only want old school games, then buy a damn Gameboy Color. You're lucky the DS technology has any support for old games at all. It's unreasonable to expect them to rerelease games in a new form just because you started crying about it. You can stop saying "NO PRODUCTION COST" because they'd likely need to update liscences, and come up with ways to distribute it. If someone doesn't offer you what you want, you aren't allowed to just take it. That's like robbing a bank after they've turned down a loan application. And no, Nintendo had nothing to do with the laws saying you can't do these things. Buy a few more DS's. I'm sure that'll show em.

Translation: You're an idiot, because you do not agree with me, and that's that, I can't hear you lal alalalalalalalalala

Typical Gen X-er.

and there would be no production cost. Just put it in the effing DSiWare Store.
Where's the production cost? None.
Like the virtual Console for Wii. Zero production cost.

It's unreasonable for THEM to start crying just because I am going about getting the good old classic games any way I can....whether or not they approve....if they won't make it available for sale.

If they made it available for sale, I'd buy it. If they won't, then they need to shut their fat mouths while I go about my business of getting what I actually want.

no, injected...YOU'RE an idiot, because you refuse to see that I have a very good moral/ethical argument.

I have never once claimed it was a legal defense....but it sure as hell is an ethical/moral defense. and a damn good one.

So YOU shut your pie-hole.

Oh, and let the record show that YOU were the first to start slinging insults. Not me. YOU are the one who first called ME an idiot. I oughta report you for it.

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
No, it does cost money to distribute old games. I can think of 3 reasons why, but they're probably too complicated for you to understand.

And no one's stopping you playing classic games. You can go out and buy an old Atari on eBay, or play on an emulator on a PC or Mac.

Kalisiin

Trophies
Website
www.kalisiin.com
XP
Country
United States
ShatteredScreens said:
No, it does cost money to distribute old games. I can think of 3 reasons why, but they're probably too complicated for you to understand.
or play on an emulator on a PC or Mac.

And that's any less illegal than using a flashcart?

And try me on the reasons. Or shut your fat mouth. Because it means you don't really have an argument, and are just pulling something out of your ass, just for the sake of disagreeing with me.

Posts merged

QUOTE(injected11 @ Aug 20 2009, 12:28 PM) If this weren't so sad, it'd be hilarious.
You just bought a report. I don't have to take your harassment, and I won't.

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
Kalisiin said:
ShatteredScreens said:
or play on an emulator on a PC or Mac.

And that's any less illegal than using a flashcart?

And try me on the reasons. Or shut your fat mouth. Because it means you don't really have an argument, and are just pulling something out of your ass, just for the sake of disagreeing with me.

Posts merged

injected11 said:
If this weren't so sad, it'd be hilarious.
You just bought a report. I don't have to take your harassment, and I won't.
YOU are the one harrasing us.

I never said anything about legality, otherwise I'd be a hypocrit. I've pirated, hacked etc etc. I was just saying you can't have a massive fuck at Nintendo for releasing an update, which they have every right to, which stops you using homebrew (emulators) on your DS. There are MANY other says to play all your older games.

And it costs money to get the games working on a different platform, it costs money to host the downloads, and it costs to re-lisense them. There's 3 reasons.

/topic

Edit: QUOTE(injected11 @ Aug 20 2009, 05:28 PM)
If this weren't so sad, it'd be hilarious.
Totally agree
tongue.gif

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm not even gonna go through and delete all the off-topic posts here, screw that I'd be here all day.

If you want to make a point, get on a soapbox, type in all caps, call somebody an idiot, or stick a feather in your butt and whistle "Dixie", then do it in the appropriate place. Start your own thread on the topic and don't sully up an existing thread with off topic posts. Go to the EOF section and call me an idiot, whatever. All things in their place.

If you derail a legitimate thread, you get a warn. If you insult other members, you get a warn.

You have been warned.

Play nice, goddamnit!

ReddPaint

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Firstly, I would like to apologize for continuing this "Piracy" debate, but I would just like to end with a rhetorical question and I would encourage this discussion to perhaps formulate in a more appropriate topic platform on these forums.

Licensing rights/ownership are assets which companies and individuals in the free world, have the every right to protect, even allowing technology protection to include penalties for reverse engineering, and tampering, with the certain exceptions put place for anti-trust over-sight. Many of you have used the argument, "I'm an oldskool gamer and I use flashcards to play games I already own." If a company or individual owns the publishing license and ownership rights to these games, despite the fact that it's another repackage of "Pac-Man" , does anyone who owns a copy of Pac-Man have the right to run it. What if your copy of Pac-Man was published by Namco, and the holdings are now owned by Midway? What is the source of the backup? Is backing up of the source material even allowed by the end-user license agreement? If you own it for one system, do you have the right to run it on a different system?

Homebrew/oldskool gaming emulation was actually created to run discontinued, abandoned, unpublished games, and homebrew clones of commercial games. where the game's original code still exist, but has been recompiled, not a 1:1 copy of the original ROM.
Food-for-thought: If you bought a Honda CRX back in the 90's and Honda reissued the '92 CRX in 2011, is Honda obligated to give you one for free since you already purchased the CRX trademark in '92? I'm sure your going to state, "but that's different, that's comparing apples to oranges" so just allow the mechanics of the principle to remain for the sake of argument. I only used a car as the analogy since it is a tangible object of high value that can visually be pictured whereas digital ownership is abstract and difficult to grasp.

BTW, if anybody is interested in legal emulation, why backup when you can just use the following products on this page: Visit here

Chris_Skylock

Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
Anyway, any more having problems with the fix on their Acekard 2i? I want to hear some people with problem (if any) and I hope for a successful update on their part.

As long as Team Acekard (or any team) doesnt host their fix on their website, it's safe because they can not be held responsible for this fix. This was released by fans for the fans, doesnt it? Or am I missing something?

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kalisiin/ReddPaint I admire your moral values (really I don't mean that in any kind of facetious way). However, you are in the vast vast vast minority of purchasers of flashcarts. I would be pretty confident in saying that people like yourself using flashcarts are less than 5%, maybe even as low as 1%. You've found a way to use your flashcarts in a legal manner. That's great. But from Nintendo's and their publishers and developers perspective, these are foremost piracy tools. If you want to get angry, get angry at the pirates. Pirates are the ones 'ruining' your experience.

I'm somewhat confused about your points that you can't "play your old games" though. Heck Nintendo's handhelds have been a MODEL for backwards compatibility. The GBA allowed you to play old Gameboy games. And the NDS at allows you to play GBA games. The NDSi broke that but Nintendo has been pretty good at providing customers access to their previous generation's library of games on the current handheld.

If you dislike copyright laws, then petition your congressman to change them. Current copyright laws make works copyrights expire in 50-75 years. This is not Nintendo's fault. This is the way the law works. Certainly Nintendo benefits from these laws and certainly would fight any law making these terms smaller. But that's the lay of the land. If you don't like the law it doesn't mean you can break it to suit your needs.

Why the EULA should address the potential issue you might encounter with a product that is not licensed or endorsed by Nintendo is not clear. They list the features that legitimate and legal customers will be concerned with. Pirates have not extended much courtesy to Nintendo, why should they extend any courtesy back.

As I have said many times, if you want legitimate homebrew to be popular, get Nintendo to provide an XNA type of development environment, and made available for sale or for free via the DSi store. Don't fight the losing battle of trying to justify flashcarts as a legitimate alternative, when we all know it is not.

Kalisiin

Trophies
Website
www.kalisiin.com
XP
Country
United States
doyama said:
Kalisiin/ReddPaint I admire your moral values (really I don't mean that in any kind of facetious way). However, you are in the vast vast vast minority of purchasers of flashcarts. I would be pretty confident in saying that people like yourself using flashcarts are less than 5%, maybe even as low as 1%. You've found a way to use your flashcarts in a legal manner. That's great. But from Nintendo's and their publishers and developers perspective, these are foremost piracy tools. If you want to get angry, get angry at the pirates. Pirates are the ones 'ruining' your experience.

I'm somewhat confused about your points that you can't "play your old games" though. Heck Nintendo's handhelds have been a MODEL for backwards compatibility. The GBA allowed you to play old Gameboy games. And the NDS at allows you to play GBA games. The NDSi broke that but Nintendo has been pretty good at providing customers access to their previous generation's library of games on the current handheld.

If you dislike copyright laws, then petition your congressman to change them. Current copyright laws make works copyrights expire in 50-75 years. This is not Nintendo's fault. This is the way the law works. Certainly Nintendo benefits from these laws and certainly would fight any law making these terms smaller. But that's the lay of the land. If you don't like the law it doesn't mean you can break it to suit your needs.

Why the EULA should address the potential issue you might encounter with a product that is not licensed or endorsed by Nintendo is not clear. They list the features that legitimate and legal customers will be concerned with. Pirates have not extended much courtesy to Nintendo, why should they extend any courtesy back.

As I have said many times, if you want legitimate homebrew to be popular, get Nintendo to provide an XNA type of development environment, and made available for sale or for free via the DSi store. Don't fight the losing battle of trying to justify flashcarts as a legitimate alternative, when we all know it is not.

Hi. Fair enough what you say...and you're probably right that we ARE in a small minority. That said, technically, even what we (myself and Redd) are doing...isn't legal, although my argument is and has been that it ought to be.

As to pirates...I don't understand why the constant battle. Neither side is ever gonna win, neither side is ever gonna give up.

It's like stopping a car thief. If someone's determined to steal your car, nothing you can do will prevent it. You can make yourself a difficult target, but you can't stop them. I don't like what they do, either...but I hate getting caught in the crosshairs of their battle.

Just as a parallel, I had trouble, when I lived in Texas...with constantly having my car windows smashed in and my stereo stolen. Five times in two years. I finally said to hell with it, and quit locking my car. I figured, if they want it, they're gonna get it...why deal with a broken window on top of it?

The DSi is, however, is NOT a model for backward compatability..in fact it was deliberately made not so, in order to try to foil the pirates...who took all of three weeks to figure out how to get around that problem.

My beef has been, and will continue to be...Nintendo's absolute REFUSAL to put the good old stuff into the DSiWare store for download and sale.

I actually wrote customer service begging and requesting them to do it, and they flat out refused...in their reply letter...making it clear to me that they intend to release into the DSiWare store....only that which I find to be utter crap.

Now, let's suppose you like old games, because they are what you grew up with, and you know and are used to. A better toy with which to play games comes out...and you want to play your games on the better toy. you ASK the company who made the better toy...to release the games you like...so that you can buy them, and they basically give you a giant middle finger.

What's an old-schooler like me to do? And again, I question the copyright laws...because it allows someone to make the classics disappear.

We old-schoolers are NOT going to take to the new games just because our old classic faves are hard to get. We're gonna find a way to get what we want.

What we're basically saying is..."Nintendo, please sell us what we really want to play. If you won't...then don't scream when we find a way to get it in spite of you." Again, that has always been my argument.

I am NOT going to embrace Grand Theft Auto, just because I can't easily obtain Pac-Man, anymore. I'm gonna try to find a way to get Pac-Man, because Pac-Man is what I actually want, you see?

THEY think that, by eliminating our classics, they are gonna force us to embrace games we do not like, we think suck, and in some cases, like GTA...actually find objectionable.

Why should Nintendo get all the benefit of the law? What ever happened to people ever benefitting from the law? Why do big multi-national corps always get THEIR way?

I say if they aren't going to use their copyright, they should be forced to release or sell it to someone who WILL use it.

No one has a right to make classic games disappear.

P.S. I'd be interesting in continuing the discussion, but, seriously...we really need to do it in our own thread, and not derail this one, k?

heyyouguys

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey cannot find this asked yet. Tried to update ak2i on a DSLite and when I chose the update, it asked me to eject the card and reinsert it then press 'B'. If u do this, it restarts the dslite. And when u press 'B' nothing happens.

What is causing this?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Penisapiens
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Tempus Bannus
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @cearp, okie dokie i'm sorry
  • cearp @ cearp:
    lol I meant nothing by it - and for the record I have no powers, so no worries :D
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, you're forgiven
    +2
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Well I don't forgive him. He's been eating ALL the Tempus Bannus's :angry:
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, it was only once :angry:
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ROFL :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp: