Acekard 2 issues

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by bollocks, Mar 28, 2008.

Mar 28, 2008

Acekard 2 issues by bollocks at 4:57 PM (6,067 Views / 0 Likes) 20 replies

1. bollocks
    OP

Member bollocks GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    just got one of these, i've come across two problems so far - "show hidden files" option in globalsettings.ini doesn't do anything (they're always shown whether its set to 1 or 0) and Trauma Center doesn't work at all (white screens) - i'm pretty sure it isn't a bad ROM, it works fine on my R4, and I've tried it with various combinations of patching options to no avail.

2. perimbean

Member perimbean GBAtemp Regular

Singapore
    Hmm, what version OSMenu are you running on Acekard 2?

3. drock360

Member drock360 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    That sux. It just proves that R4 is the best.

4. bollocks
    OP

United Kingdom
    4.07a5

5. Bob Evil

Member Bob Evil The Department of Home-Made Insecurity

United Kingdom
    Did you copy the rom from your R4 to your Acekard 2? Or did you use a clean rom?

Also, while being very popular, the R4 is far from being the best ... if it was the best, why are so many people upgrading to newer carts, at the moment?

R4 users were the widest hit with the recent FFCC incident, for example ... whereas AceKard & CycloDS owners were unaffected.

6. lenselijer

Member lenselijer GBAtemp Maniac

Netherlands
    Yes, but the R4 team keeps updating their firmware, so thats a good thing [​IMG]

7. g.crow

Member g.crow beide mittelfinger hoch

United States
    sure the r4 was a great deal when it came out, but thats like years ago and its outdated. live with it.

8. bollocks
    OP

United Kingdom
    actually that's a point, its the same rom i was using with the R4, and i believe it was trimmed with the version 1 R4 trimmer (the one that sometimes broke download play). i'll try it untrimmed, see what happens.

edit: nope, still white screens.

9. starfighter

Newcomer starfighter Newbie

Australia
    Here's some noob input: Trauma Centre also whitescreens me, so does Death Jr and the Science Fair of Doom. The acekard site says it's latest release dealt with whitescreening on some games, but obviously that didn't include Trauma Centre... Mine is set to "don't trim"

10. OSW

Former Staff OSW Wii King

Australia
  11. bollocks
    OP

United Kingdom
    already done. i'm registered as "domino" there.

12. oldskoolnesgamer

Newcomer oldskoolnesgamer Member

United States
    I already ordered, but I appreciate hearing about the issues of a card on GBATemp. It helps me know what to expect when I get it. It's also a good measure of the manufacturer's updates whether the issues ever get fixed. Much easier to browse the various forums here on GBATemp than to go to each manufacturer's forums, IMHO.

13. Urza

Member Urza hi

United States
  14. Mach9

Newcomer Mach9 Member

United States
    edit: nvm

15. Zankurou

Member Zankurou GBAtemp Regular

United States
  16. kikoexe

Member kikoexe GBAtemp Regular

Philippines
    FFCC: ROF gets "stuck" while saving randomly.. i didn't use "freezing" because the BGM still plays ok, doesn't loop or stop, and the "background" on the save screen was moving normally.. anyone experienced this? im using a 4GB Kingston Micro SD Japan Class 4 formatted to FAT16 file system.. Im using the latest bliss OSMenu version.. [​IMG]

17. juicemousezero

Newcomer juicemousezero Member

United States
    Hey guys, I've been lurking for a while but decided to join sicne I recently got into this NDS homebrew stuff.

Anyway, I got an Acekard 2 and yes, it gets stuck. Exact same problem as kikoexe. On Mario 64 DS right after I get the first star of the game(the bomb on the summit one; other stars seem to work), and last night FFXII: Reverent Wings stuck during a battle, but didn't when I reloaded and tried again.

This doesn't happen terribly often, so i'm still over all satified with the Acekard. Sorta nice to know it's not just mine...

18. lenselijer

Member lenselijer GBAtemp Maniac

Netherlands
    what software version are you using?

19. kikoexe

Member kikoexe GBAtemp Regular

Philippines
    i installed the latest firmware and it fixed the issue that i had.. but i noticed that the saving progress of all the games takes more than 2 seconds.. especially with Castlevania POR where the saving progress is supposed to be "instant".. FFCC:RoF and Pokemon Diamond takes more than 5 seconds before the save progress is completed.. its not a big deal actually since the issue has been fixed, but when POR froze on me when i pressed start/select i got a bit disappointed.. [​IMG]

honestly, im thinking of going back to the EDGE.. never gave me issues of some sort.. but the AK2's nice interface stops me from doing so.. heh.. so im still giving it a chance since support for the card is quite good.. [​IMG]

20. juicemousezero

Newcomer juicemousezero Member

United States
    Over the past couple days I've been playing a bunch of different games and for the most part, everything has been working smoothly. It froze once last night on FFXII: Revenant Wings, but it was no big deal since it was at the start of a fight. *shrug*