Homebrew Issues with SNEmulDS and GBARunner2

epickraz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whenever I launch SNEmulDS (which btw I downloaded from GameBrew) an error shows:

FS initialization...
FS failure, continue anyway...

It then launches into the app just fine, but no ROMs appear when I go to the select ROM area.
I have tried keeping the ROM inside a folder on the root of the SD card called /snes/ <- all lowercase, btw, and also keeping the ROM (which is Super Mario RPG) on the root of the SD card. None of which seem to work. (the rom file is a .sfc file)
I also have the emulator itself and its .cfg file on the root of the SD card. I read on some other threads to put some patches but none of them
a) explain how to apply the patch
b) have working links to the patch's download site.
Any help with this is really appreciated!
Also, if this helps, I use an R4i Kernel for my OS (idk anything about DS homebrew, but I've tried installing YSMenu from GameBrew but it doesn't work)

Nextly, GBARunner2. GBARunner2 launches into a white screen and just stays there. No error, no nothing. So I have no idea what to do.
I usd both Arm9 and Arm7 but to no avail.
I use a rose gold DS Lite

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
My conjecture is that your flashcard is very old, or am I wrong? If so, I suggest you buy another one. Nowadays Chinese clones (not very durable but very efficient) are almost given away, or rather they'll pay you if you get them out of their way. 🤣

epickraz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My conjecture is that your flashcard is very old, or am I wrong? If so, I suggest you buy another one. Nowadays Chinese clones (not very durable but very efficient) are almost given away, or rather they'll pay you if you get them out of their way. 🤣
hah no, i just got a new one a few months ago, so that's can't be it

• Wow
Reactions: Nikokaro

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
hah no, i just got a new one a few months ago, so that's can't be it
Then it is very strange. Usually old and new versions of these emulators work "out of the box" without any problem on the most popular flashcards. Evidently yours is a particular one... 🤔

epickraz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then it is very strange. Usually old and new versions of these emulators work "out of the box" without any problem on the most popular flashcards. Evidently yours is a particular one... 🤔
weirdly, it can run any ds game just fine, its just the emulators. also there is no sticker or name on the card

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto