ROM Hack Ace Attorney Investigations 2: Miles Edgeworth Fan Translation

Auryn

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Before all the hell breaks loose, please read attentively what Lusankya said "german Translation of AAI1"!!
Don't come and cry we didn't release the english patch if you not read correctly :)
Thanks

Auryn

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Well, i am tired as hell because it's almost 2am and i am working since 9am already but somehow I wanted to make a little update on this game hoping that it will not enflame useless discussions.
For those that counted, it's almost 3 months I since I resigned from my main job (yes, had to still work for this time), it's almost a wrap up here and then 29 days of holiday in asia....finally.
I don't want to promise anything and especially i don't want to spend all my holiday in front of the PC but I hope that I can get a good amount of work done because it's actually rainy season where i will go.
So if there is a rainy day, why not work on AAI2?? Yes, the infamous laptop will go with me because there are chances that i have to do some work (for my new job) from there if necessary.

So what is the status of AAI2??
There are 2.5 bad notices and the rest is good things.
Let's start with the bad things:
- From my side, i didn't do anything on the game.
- Hacko gave up on this game because he got to the conclusion that this hacking work is out of his league.
Anyway it seems that he found somebody with better skills (he has a nice portafolio) to take his place but sadly this new guy didn't come back with any news in the last month.
I didn't had time try to contact him to see how it's going.

Here the good things:
- Mrichston is managing insertion as usual. CORRECTION
- Rollingball is managing localization CORRECTION
- Mracy and the literal translators are getting organized for this summer break to do a lot of work.
Nice to see that many of the people that was working on the project are coming back (after school) including BigKlingy even if not at fulltime.
This means that there will be the same style across all cases and not "puzzle" of style while you play the game.
Another good thing is that there is a slow and constant flow of new people that want to help out with the translation.

What all this means??
It means we are not giving up!!
The "loss" of Hacko sure sound like a "tragic loss" but (not to say he was not important) don't forget that Mrichston and Henke got almost all "too big" files to fit in the game already.
If Hacko would had success, we had some spare space as assurance and alloved us to be more flexible with the text.
So Hacko thanks for all the time and work you invested for this project, thanks for the tools you gave us and good luck for your next projects .... don't worry, i will keep you busy even without AAI2 :P

What it's in my mind now??
Well, I will try to contact the new guy and see if and how quickly he can give us some results (the extra space with the 1 byte story or the extra RAM).
Depending on his answer, I will decide what to do but for now, you will be happy to know that i am going with the idea to .....(dammit!! I don't want to write this word) release the game with Mrichston fixes. I am pretty sure that if the 1 byte solution will be realized, we can make a program to convert the scripts to that format.
One of the things that are sure is that where I will be, there are mountains of flashcards and mountains of hacked / copied consoles so I will probably buy a bunch of them as well to test the game in different flashcards.

In short then:
Case specific graphics: completed all but inserted only case 1 (and probably 2).
Common graphics: done
Voices (case specific): done but not inserted yet.
Common text: done and inserted
Case specific text: Case 1/2 complete and inserted, case 3 WIP.
Literal translation: continuing case 3 and big jump forward expected while/end of the summer
Localization/insertion: same as above
ASM work: throw back but or no affect on the progress or a big boost expected (no timeline for this)
Bug fixing: expected to be completed next month.
Release date: unknow
Release version: unknow
Cases covered by the patch on first release: The first release will be a partial patch for sure and will include Case 1 complete.
Release compatibility: emulator and real hardware targetted (if your flashcard can not play the AP patched japanese rom, you will probably not be able to play the translation either! )

Thanks for all those people that are showing us support on the various forums or my youtube channel, thanks to all the team for the time and work that they are investing to make this project come true and naturally thanks to myself :P

LITTLE CORRECTIONS :)

Mythrix

Trophies
XP
Country
inb4 Capcom "lol we are releasing this at nintendo eShop for DSi and 3DS just before that fan translation comes out"

Lol, while that would be awesome I just can't imagine it happen. They haven't even properly announced the localization of Layton vs Ace Attourney! Make it happen arrrgh! xD

Auryn

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
inb4 Capcom "lol we are releasing this at nintendo eShop for DSi and 3DS just before that fan translation comes out"
Well, if you still believe in fairy tales, keep waiting for Capcom :P

3 stressfull days before i finally get my holiday!!!!!

Anyway ... I like to believe that miracles still can happen even if it's not Christmas :P

Reactions: RodrigoDavy

Auryn

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
No, we did actually give up on that option because no hacker really got that to work.
There is actually a french guy that said he will try to do it for us but in the meanwhile, we found a workaround for the view sections that are too big.
The next/first patch will be the patch you actually should get last Christmas with minor/major changes but nothing changed on the ASM side.

Auryn

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Thanks, we are actually putting the finishing touches tthe first patch.

Is AAI2 better that the first one? Well I should be ashamed to say this but if my memory is not wrong,i never finished the first one.
I believe I have lost an incomplete save game and replayed it without finishing it again. At the moment I can only say yes, it's better.

hackotedelaplaqu

Trophies
Website
wiibrew.org
XP
Country
France
Thanks, we are actually putting the finishing touches tthe first patch.

Is AA2 better that the first one? Well I should be ashamed to say this but if my memory is not wrong,i never finished the first one.
I believe I have lost an incomplete save game and replayed it without finishing it again. At the moment I can only say yes, it's better.

You know I have more than 50 sav/sav states to share beacause of AAI1 fr project. ^^

Auryn

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Oh you love to tease us :creep:
NNNNNNNNNNNoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!
What make you think that?? :shy:
lddp.jpg

Well, let's make a little update while i have a bit of time.
I am still in asia and sadly for you and lucky for me, even it it's rain season here, it rained less than expected.
I got to play the translation in the real hardware till end of case 2 without problems but another member got a freeze by taking another choice than me.
Mrichston naturally fixed the problem but i haven't tested it yet.
We are putting the finishing touches / making the last changes for little surprises / easteregg and then i will replay case 2 with the final files on it.
Slowly but sure I have to pack my bags and think about go back to "normality" and i don't really know what is awayting me at home.
Anyway, the translators/localizers/inserters are working at good paste (as you maybe understood from the pic above) and really believe that we will get a lot done this summer.
Naturally if you have time to spare and want to join the team, just contact me or look for the application thread on the CR backup forum.

I am sorry, i will not talk release date to not start a series of "...but you wrote...", be assured that you will not miss the patch when it's released, it will be on the front page of GBATEMP, RHDN, CR and probably some other sites more or less connected to the translation scene. There will probably be a torrent release as well even if the patch will be very small.
I expect to be a "let's play..." in youtube as well as soon as the patch is released (please ask for permission if you want to do so). The only motive for the permission is that we want to garantie a good let's play... to the patch. If we got somebody with a good let's play... we will probably link his youtube channel/youtube playlist in the read me that come with the patch as "complete solution".
You can naturally apply for this already if you are a youtuber and have already done some let's plays.

Stay tuned.

@Hacko: i have just to remember where the heck i stopped playing it :P

RaymanFan1

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Just made an account here, almost entirely to be in on this thread (not that I can actually... y'know... help :P).

Can someone bring this ignorant sonofagun (me) up to speed on what the patch is currently aiming to be playable on?
I see "emulator and real hardware targeted (if your flashcard can not play the AP patched japanese rom, you will probably not be able to play the translation either!)"

So other than emulators and possibly (although I get the impression it's not being taken into consideration in development) some flashcarts that can play the patched rom (is this uncommon or something?), the only other option is real hardware?
I assume this means using a device to patch the original japanese cart itself? Or is it about modding the DS itself in some way?

longxa762

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Just made an account here, almost entirely to be in on this thread (not that I can actually... y'know... help :P).

Can someone bring this ignorant sonofagun (me) up to speed on what the patch is currently aiming to be playable on?
I see "emulator and real hardware targeted (if your flashcard can not play the AP patched japanese rom, you will probably not be able to play the translation either!)"

So other than emulators and possibly (although I get the impression it's not being taken into consideration in development) some flashcarts that can play the patched rom (is this uncommon or something?), the only other option is real hardware?
I assume this means using a device to patch the original japanese cart itself? Or is it about modding the DS itself in some way?

(if your flashcard can not play the AP patched japanese rom, you will probably not be able to play the translation either!)
your question is the answer. There are no device that can patch the game cart

Xalusc

Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
RaymanFan1 said:

"Real hardware" = flashcards.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @Xdqwerty :creep: +1