ROM Hack Playing Ace Attorney Investigations 2 on my CFW 3DS

TripleZe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello, so I recently modded my new nintendo 2ds xl and wanted to play the fan translation of Ace Attorney Investigations 2 on it. I have a patched rom working on an emulator, but when I tried to move it to my 3DS using Twilight Menu ++ all the text files broke? The game runs fine and has the localization patch seeing as the logo is still translated and the "new game" button on the home screen. But when I play it, all the text looks like "UzosfbrbsäkeöôLo". I tried it both via this tutorial: and by installing Twilight Menu ++ on my 3ds and they both produced the same results. Again, it works fine on an emulator. I happened to have patched this rom 3 years ago so is it just the case of me needing to download a more recent patch release for the game? Or is there some other solution I need to try? Thanks for any help!

nemaria

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, so I recently modded my new nintendo 2ds xl and wanted to play the fan translation of Ace Attorney Investigations 2 on it. I have a patched rom working on an emulator, but when I tried to move it to my 3DS using Twilight Menu ++ all the text files broke? The game runs fine and has the localization patch seeing as the logo is still translated and the "new game" button on the home screen. But when I play it, all the text looks like "UzosfbrbsäkeöôLo". I tried it both via this tutorial: and by installing Twilight Menu ++ on my 3ds and they both produced the same results. Again, it works fine on an emulator. I happened to have patched this rom 3 years ago so is it just the case of me needing to download a more recent patch release for the game? Or is there some other solution I need to try? Thanks for any help!

I had the same issue and I was able to fix it by patching the already-localized rom with the AP patch found here. Hope it works for you too!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: