Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
WiiBricker said:
suruz said:
Capcom were amazingly stupid in not localizing it officially

No. But a certain someone is amazingly stupid in not understanding why Capcom won't localize it.

...No, I'm not stupid. I've read pretty much every article to do with this, so I understand why they aren't localizing it. But I still think it's stupid that they localized every other Ace Attorney game up to this point, and the first Investigations game.. and then they suddenly decided not to localize this one. Ace Attorney has ALWAYS been a very niche series, so it's not like they've always had a huge amount of sales from the series (in the west).. And as for the whole 'the 3DS is being introduced, so it's not worth localizing DS titles' line of reasoning: most people I know don't even have a 3DS yet, but I'm fairly sure that everyone still uses their DS. And the 3DS is backwards compatible, so people would still buy it regardless. Surely it wouldn't sell that much worse than the first 'Investigations' game did?

But thanks for just randomly jumping in and insulting me. I know you think you're amazingly intelligent but I'm sure pretty much everyone here understands as much as you do. It's not hard :/

Why? Because cult followings don't bring in the most estimated sales, and thus the company can only expect to make a certain amount of money off of these games due to past experience with the same franchise, and thus there's a good chance they'd make little to no money localizing it, and they may possibly be losing money in the process.

Yes, I totally understand that. But I still think it's unfortunate, and I'm not happy with it. For all we know, they could just ditch the Ace Attorney series altogether in the future.

And anyway, the whole point of my post was something positive.. I was saying it was GOOD that you guys are doing this, lol. Jeez.

Auryn

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
WOWOWOW!!!! Calm down everybody because actually you are both wrong.
First of all it's still not 100% sure that Capcom is not localizing it (i just saw an interview with somebody at Capcom of 2 weeks ago and they are still looking what the fans do).
On the other hand the other guy is wrong when it say that all games are been localized...actually it's more or less half of them.
The original 3 GBA, the Gyakuten saiban jiten (anthology) for the NDS and Gyakuten Puzzle Irekaeru Gyakuten were not localized. AAI 1 was just released in english in europe and the 3 NDS remake had different localization too.
There is nice long video about localization on youtube where they talk about the Ace attorney serie too:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9GwH82kQGY

Anyway if that video isn't making you stop fighting, maybe this can:
11qtp5h.png

D

Deleted_171835

It would have to be an amazing translation team as the Ace Attorney games are known for the use of puns, witty language among other things. Many of the characters have vastly different speech mannerisms, too. Removing all of those things would essentially be removing some of the charm of the Ace Attorney games.

I am interested in this, though.

zruben

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Auryn said:
WOWOWOW!!!! Calm down everybody because actually you are both wrong.
First of all it's still not 100% sure that Capcom is not localizing it (i just saw an interview with somebody at Capcom of 2 weeks ago and they are still looking what the fans do).
On the other hand the other guy is wrong when it say that all games are been localized...actually it's more or less half of them.
The original 3 GBA, the Gyakuten saiban jiten (anthology) for the NDS and Gyakuten Puzzle Irekaeru Gyakuten were not localized. AAI 1 was just released in english in europe and the 3 NDS remake had different localization too.
There is nice long video about localization on youtube where they talk about the Ace attorney serie too:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9GwH82kQGY

11qtp5h.png

AWESOME! =D

keep up the good work!
bow.gif

Auryn

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
SoulSnatcher said:
It would have to be an amazing translation team as the Ace Attorney games are known for the use of puns, witty language among other things. Many of the characters have vastly different speech mannerisms, too. Removing all of those things would essentially be removing some of the charm of the Ace Attorney games.

I am interested in this, though.

People in the forum have spend 3 months just to find the right names of all characters...do you really think we didn't take in consideration the speech mannerisms of the characters???

koimayeul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
thanks for the update i cheer from the sideline and if anything i can help with a french patch later or beta testing this one

tenentenen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please, please, please have a competent translation staff. Keep ALL the quirkiness of the original games.
This means getting witty people to write the dialogue, and the thoughts for edgeworth.

If it;s word for word, it will be terrible, and not even worth it.

suruz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Auryn said:
11qtp5h.png

I don't think that actually qualified as "fighting"? :S

Anyway, awesome work.. I'm glad some progress is being made :')

I agree about the quirkiness and the mannerisms, but from the discussions I've seen I don't think that'll be a problem. The fan-translation team obviously seem to be fans of the game so they'll do their best
tongue.gif

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was under the impression this series sold well(the numerous sequels and spinoffs) so it really is curious why capcom wouldn't localize this.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
727 said:
I was under the impression this series sold well(the numerous sequels and spinoffs) so it really is curious why capcom wouldn't localize this.
It did initially, but the sales weren't that good for JFA onward.

Byronic Hero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
No, T&T sold the second highest out of the entire series. (In NA at least)

Stilll, I think Capcom will rethink releasing it in NA. I mean come on, they already lost plenty of fans for the imminent death of Megaman. I don't think they'll want to lose anymore dedicated fans. Even if it comes out in a download-only format, it'll most likely be out before PL vs AA.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Byronic Hero said:
machomuu said:
No, T&T sold the second highest out of the entire series. (In NA at least)

Stilll, I think Capcom will rethink releasing it in NA. I mean come on, they already lost plenty of fans for the imminent death of Megaman. I don't think they'll want to lose anymore dedicated fans. Even if it comes out in a download-only format, it'll most likely be out before PL vs AA.
Yes, second highest, but it was no Ace Attorney 1, Takumi himself (or someone who works on AA) said that PL vs. AA might not come over because the sales of AA are not what they could be.

Byronic Hero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
Yes, second highest, but it was no Ace Attorney 1, Takumi himself (or someone who works on AA) said that PL vs. AA might not come over because the sales of AA are not what they could be.
I doubt that that would be the reason that the game wouldn't come over here, because Level-5 is developing the game and they have had much more of a success with localized games.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Byronic Hero said:
machomuu said:
I doubt that that would be the reason that the game wouldn't come over here, because Level-5 is developing the game and they have had much more of a success with localized games.
True, but just it's supposed to appeal to fans on both sides of the spectrum, and if for the most part it only appealed to fans of PL because it has a much larger fanbase, well, that's wouldn't be good sales-wise, they'd be better off just localizing Mask of the Miracle. I don't see why you're doubting them, it really would be no surprise.

Auryn

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
I love this discussions about Capcom should or should not, have or have not.
There is a good way to make this discussion finish with the same answer for all:
just think it's your money that you invest and the experience of the last 4 games tells you that you will loose money...so...would you invest your money???

To add to this is that Capcom have to invest their money many times over the world: US english for USA game+ French for Kanada , UK english + French+German+Italian+Spanish for Europe and last but not least a chinese version.

Just to make some people cry in here, I show you a little hex piece left in the game:

Yes, for those who don't understand it, it's a folder list. Only Com (all parts that don't need translation are in there) and jpn (everything that need translation) are left in the real game.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bet game companies could save hundreds of thousands if they would come to gbatemp. lol

Kingdino

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Auryn said:
I love this discussions about Capcom should or should not, have or have not.
There is a good way to make this discussion finish with the same answer for all:
just think it's your money that you invest and the experience of the last 4 games tells you that you will loose money...so...would you invest your money???
But I can not understand why(?!?), then, Capcom has invested in five(?!!!?) other Ace Attorney games.
I prefer to think that Sven will still appear in the topic located on forum of the Capcom talking about the localization (he never once gave for granted that the game would be not located, on the contrary, he even said was looking for a way to bring the game to the west).

Auryn

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
@727: I would not say no if they pay me some money to do what i am doing
tongue.gif

@Kingdino: If Swen wait a bit more, then it will be too late and really better if they not spend their money
tongue.gif

@EVERYBODY: just hold your horses but start to dream??
Sage people said longtime ago that a pic say more than 1000 words so....let's hear the sound of silence:

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Auryn said:
@727: I would not say no if they pay me some money to do what i am doing
tongue.gif

@Kingdino: If Swen wait a bit more, then it will be too late and really better if they not spend their money
tongue.gif

@EVERYBODY: just hold your horses but start to dream??
Sage people said longtime ago that a pic say more than 1000 words so....let's hear the sound of silence:
Sweet, that looks good.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: https://youtu.be/heNQ-22Mqnk?si=B4bTa9MKZkRNCkxU