ROM Hack Ace Attorney Investigation (2): Prosecutor's Path FINAL [RELEASE]

  • Thread starter Thread starter Auryn
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 1,015,481
  • Replies Replies 975
  • Likes Likes 110
You could try different choices (auto/manual) when importing backup memory.

With dsv files, you need to change them to sav files, just by renaming them.

I tried both auto/manual, and I used Shynweb and manually changing the names to do it as well.The save files were already marked as .sav too
When the save file loads all I get is the same main menu with no completed cases; just "new game"
Can someone tell me the steps of how it should be done? haha
 
I tried both auto/manual, and I used Shynweb and manually changing the names to do it as well.The save files were already marked as .sav too
When the save file loads all I get is the same main menu with no completed cases; just "new game"
Can someone tell me the steps of how it should be done? haha


There are no extra steps.

Which exact version of desmume you are using? And does title screen say beta, cases 1-5?
 
Hi,
First, I'd like to thank all the team for translating this game. I'm a very big fan of the AA games and it was a shame that I couldn't play this one.
However, I have a problem : I can't save, when I press start the "Do you want to save?" doesn't pop up and I have to restart the game.

Also, I had another problem where the text was gibberish with characters such as É, ö, etc, but I could fix it using hexeditor, so maybe it has something to do with my current issue.
And I'm running the game on an Acekard 2i, on my good ol' DS lite
 
So, I noticed something else that may have already been pointed out: Whenever there's dialogue that's longer than about 1.5 lines and you check any evidence, it cuts off some of it. Screen:

5jedR5g.png


I'm assuming it's because the number of characters that fit into a textbox has to be bigger for the English version than for the Japanese, and it somehow gets cut off. I don't know how hard this'd be to fix and it doesn't really hurt the gameplay, but I still felt like pointing this out.

Edit: Another thing I realised was that during Case 4, "sneaked" is used a lot, while during Case 5 it's "snuck" - while it's arguable which spelling is correct, I feel like it'd be better if it were consistent. However, that is only really minor.
 
  • Like
Reactions: [Truth]
Hi everyone !
I'm a huge (and french) fan of the AA serie, so, when I saw what you did there...it's incredible !
You allow all the fan of the serie to play this great game, you did a better job than Capcom himself.
So, from deep of my heart, I thank you for your job. I guess it was a gigantic amount of work, and you deserve more than words, but sadly, that's all I can do.
Maybe we'll see your work again with Dai Gyakuten Saiban ^^'

And, while I'm here, I'd like to ask something.
I can't see myself playing on a computer (I played half the 1st case, but it's not the same thing on a computer screen ^^'). So, is anyone got a tutorial to play this on a DS or DSi ?
I have 0 experience with flashcards and other stuff, so I don't know what to buy and how to make it work. If someone could help me (with a private message, or a link I don't know) I would be very grateful.
Maybe someone already explain it on the previous post, so if it's the case, I'm sorry, but i didn't get the courage to read all 35 posts.

Once again, thanks for you work =)
 
Last edited by Kardock,
Ok so sorry about my complete ignorance on this, but I'm stuck on 3. Anyways I downloaded both the xdelta and beat link, but when I try to open them it says "open with" and I have no idea what to do from there. I already have the ROM and the emulator I just don't know how to open xdelta (or use it.) In case it's any help I'm using windows 8 on an alienware alpha. Could anyone advise me on what to do next please?
 
Ok so sorry about my complete ignorance on this, but I'm stuck on 3. Anyways I downloaded both the xdelta and beat link, but when I try to open them it says "open with" and I have no idea what to do from there. I already have the ROM and the emulator I just don't know how to open xdelta (or use it.) In case it's any help I'm using windows 8 on an alienware alpha. Could anyone advise me on what to do next please?
Download xdelta or beat if it's not included. Then just open one of them, select the patch for the program you are using (it's file extensions differ from each other) and then select the ROM. Patch it and it may take a few minutes and then a screen pops up saying that the patching is finished.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Diago Armando
Download xdelta or beat if it's not included. Then just open one of them, select the patch for the program you are using (it's file extensions differ from each other) and then select the ROM. Patch it and it may take a few minutes and then a screen pops up saying that the patching is finished.
Thanks for the reply
I believe I already downloaded xdelta. On 3 there's a link to romhacking.net that I used to download "xdelta UI"
My problem is that when I try to open xdelta UI I get a pop up asking "how do you want to open this type of file?"
Unless I have the completely wrong application or I'm otherwise messing up, what I'm trying to figure out is how to open xdelta UI so then I can select the translation patch and the rom
 

Attachments

  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 337
Thanks for the reply
I believe I already downloaded xdelta. On 3 there's a link to romhacking.net that I used to download "xdelta UI"
My problem is that when I try to open xdelta UI I get a pop up asking "how do you want to open this type of file?"
Unless I have the completely wrong application or I'm otherwise messing up, what I'm trying to figure out is how to open xdelta UI so then I can select the translation patch and the rom
IIRC, the epub file is a guide/ manual. The .xdelta file is what you're looking for.
 
so should my patch look something like "Gyakuten Kenji 2 (AAI2 Final v2).xdelta"
and should my rom look like "5532 - Gyakuten Kenji 2 (J)"
and do i put anything in new file?
im supremely ignorant on anything to do with patching roms so im pretty lost here but i know im doing something wrong. it wont work. I still fear I have the wrong application, should it look like the attached picture?
Also I attached pictures of folders I believe the correct thing to use for the patch is in but I'm not sure what to use.
Thanks so much for all the help! I'm really lost with this
 

Attachments

  • xdelta.png
    xdelta.png
    15 KB · Views: 271
  • downloads.png
    downloads.png
    46.3 KB · Views: 316
  • folder.png
    folder.png
    18 KB · Views: 413
so should my patch look something like "Gyakuten Kenji 2 (AAI2 Final v2).xdelta"
and should my rom look like "5532 - Gyakuten Kenji 2 (J)"
and do i put anything in new file?
im supremely ignorant on anything to do with patching roms so im pretty lost here but i know im doing something wrong. it wont work. I still fear I have the wrong application, should it look like the attached picture?
Also I attached pictures of folders I believe the correct thing to use for the patch is in but I'm not sure what to use.
Thanks so much for all the help! I'm really lost with this
Name the file with a .nds extension for the new file. Example, AAI2.nds
 
Name the file with a .nds extension for the new file. Example, AAI2.nds
thanks for the speedy replies. I tried what you said and it said on the bottom patch applied, but when I run the emulator the game is still in Japanese. I think I'm using the wrong files.
 

Attachments

  • failed patch.png
    failed patch.png
    25.6 KB · Views: 285
thanks for the speedy replies. I tried what you said and it said on the bottom patch applied, but when I run the emulator the game is still in Japanese. I think I'm using the wrong files.

Unpack rar and use nds file that is unpacked as original file.

Patch is right.

New file should also be .nds, not dsv. Dsv is save file format, not rom.

Then open new file in emulator.
 
Last edited by mrichston,
  • Like
Reactions: Diago Armando
Unpack rar and use nds file that is unpacked as original file.

Patch is right.

New file should also be .nds, not dsv. Dsv is save file format, not rom.

Then open new file in emulator.

Thanks so much I'm so close.
I tried what you said and it told me new file already exists and I needed to check overwrite in settings. After checking overwrite and trying again it said patch applied, but when I tried opening the game it was still in Japanese. Did I choose the right files this time or misunderstand your corrections?
 

Attachments

  • failed patch.png
    failed patch.png
    28.3 KB · Views: 409
Thanks so much I'm so close.
I tried what you said and it told me new file already exists and I needed to check overwrite in settings. After checking overwrite and trying again it said patch applied, but when I tried opening the game it was still in Japanese. Did I choose the right files this time or misunderstand your corrections?

Original and new file can't be same. Rename new file for example aai2english.nds.
 

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted