ROM Hack Ace Attorney Investigation (2): Prosecutor's Path FINAL [RELEASE]

mrichston

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Thanks a lot for the translation and congratulations on finishing it, guys!

The game works perfectly on M3 Real cards, once you apply the AP patch.

Also I've found a typo in chapter 3. At the beginning of the third part, Kate says that the chocolates she gave Ray and Greg are Master's favorite "chocoiates". There was another typo by Badd during the first part of chapter 3, but I forgot to note it.

There is no "chocoiates" or maybe you meant some other line.

<CharPose:001E0001><Speaker:Raymond Shields>
<SLASH:><SPEED:0003>Huh!<WAIT:0020><new line>
<SPEED:0002><CharPose:001E0008>You made <SHAKEL:>this chocolate, Kate?<Next:>

<CharPose:001D0007><Speaker:Katherine Hall>
<SPEED:0003>Yes. <WAIT:0010>Chocolate is Monsieur<new line>
Master's favorite food!<Next:>

<CharPose:001D0006><Speaker:Katherine Hall>
<SPEED:0003>Preparing his favorite food<new line>
is also part of my job.<Next:>

On DeSmuME 0.9.10 for Mac, it bugs out partway during the Case 3 intro cutscene. It does the "Piece of Cake" song, then switches to looking at it as a TV screen. It pulls back the zoom on the screen... and bam, bugout.

Trying version 0.9.9 got past that spot; I think it's set off by the dialog box that is supposed to appear next. I don't know if this is a DeSmuME problem or something with the patch, but I thought I'd report it either way.

(And also, infinite gratitude for doing this translation project! I never thought I'd get the chance to play this game, and here it is with one of the most natural-feeling translations I've seen.)

We haven't encourted that glitch elsewhere except desmume 0.9.10. My theory is that it is connected to size of the rom.
We are currently trying to get size of the rom smaller and hopefully it is fixed in next patch.

Mracy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The game was quite easy in the original Japanese version as well.
I can also testify that this translation gives similar amounts and types of hints as the original game.

Although ultimately, with the lowered difficulty you can enjoy the story, even if you don't feel like thinking.
If you do like thinking, then you can self-impose the difficulty by not moving on with the game until you've analysed the situation yourself.

Lupdemare

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I don't know if its my game or the patch i seem to be able to fastforward some parts of the game,even if it's the first time i see them.Most of them are during someone else's logic or while examining some objects for the first time.It didn't happened to me with my previous patches.
I am using Desmume 0.9.9. on windows 7 ,and using the same save file since episodes 1 and 2 .

Lycan911

wolf boi
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I don't know if its my game or the patch i seem to be able to fastforward some parts of the game,even if it's the first time i see them.Most of them are during someone else's logic or while examining some objects for the first time.It didn't happened to me with my previous patches.
I am using Desmume 0.9.9. on windows 7 ,and using the same save file since episodes 1 and 2 .

Yeah, I think that's the bug in the patch, happens to me too, both, with this patch and 1-3 patch. I have a R4 flashcart, so I doubt it's the problem with the emulator either

Reactions: ComeTurismO

Incognito_D

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, I think that's the bug in the patch, happens to me too, both, with this patch and 1-3 patch. I have a R4 flashcart, so I doubt it's the problem with the emulator either

hey, can I ask how you managed to play the rom on your R4? I tried it on mine but the game wouldn't boot. Do I need to download a patch or updated firmware or something? I'd be so grateful if you could help me out getting this to work! I want to play the game on my DS for that authentic feel (plus I can take the game on holiday)

jonesman99

GBAtemp's Official ArchAndroid
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey. I just wanted to say thanks for the awesome patch! You even have some fans playing that patch on Twitch. I just got finished playing the DLC case for Dual Destinies, and now Im about to put KH DDD back on hold to play this. Thanks again!

Deviddo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if anyone else has this problem, but whenever I play on NO$GBA (or Zoomer) the image rom crashes, apparently. I could just play it on Desmume, but it lags terribly on there regardless of what I adjust. I'm sure this isn't really an issue most others run into, so I would like if someone might be able to explain just what I'm doing wrong. I did infact set the emulator to the GBA startup option, and I encrypted the patched rom itself as well.

link_991

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh sweet! To be honest I didn't excpect it this "early"
Gonna give it a go with DSTwo.

Why didn't you include xdelta with the xdelta patch? It weights 120kb and you could've easily make .bat file to automatically patch the game.

EDIT: With DSTwo works smoothly.
Strangely I can't get it to work with my DSTwo. It just locks up at the title screen without the Logo or "New Game" button appearing.

Lycan911

wolf boi
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
hey, can I ask how you managed to play the rom on your R4? I tried it on mine but the game wouldn't boot. Do I need to download a patch or updated firmware or something? I'd be so grateful if you could help me out getting this to work! I want to play the game on my DS for that authentic feel (plus I can take the game on holiday)

I have the newest Wood firmware, works like charm. I tried using xdelta on Windows and MultiPatch on Mac, and both work fine on R4.

imaria

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Haha, kudos on the portal reference. It felt like the kind of reference the normal Ace Attorney translations would have made.

I'm continually impressed with the quality of this translation as I play through.

EDIT: Nope, the "dun goofed" bit managed to supercede the portal reference. I almost didn't even catch it.

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure if anyone else has this problem, but whenever I play on NO$GBA (or Zoomer) the image rom crashes, apparently. I could just play it on Desmume, but it lags terribly on there regardless of what I adjust. I'm sure this isn't really an issue most others run into, so I would like if someone might be able to explain just what I'm doing wrong. I did infact set the emulator to the GBA startup option, and I encrypted the patched rom itself as well.

Your best of with no$gba 2.7a , self stretch screen's and should have no problem with crashes , is now freeware , no$zomer no longer needed.

DL: http://problemkaputt.de/no$gba-w.zip

HtheB

Trophies
Website
www.HtheB.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Are you guys going to localize it for the European people?
Because I've read on some older posts that this patch had some things like Fahrenheit instead of Celsius (and things like that)

5092219+_1f82a431a47b45d160da697f6285d473.png

mrichston

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Reason why we didn't mostly use european stuff,
because game is based in fictional Los Angeles.

There are some graphics where both euro and american
scales, for example weight in case 2 and zodiac gallery pamphlet
in case 3. Also Delicia used european units, like litres,
because she is british.

Shinintendo

Trophies
Website
games4gamer.net
XP
Country
Iceland
Anyone got a save file after finishing case 3, I kinda deleted my save file and regret it.
Cheat to skip certain cases or unlock all chapters is also good, I couldn't find my needed cheat on usrcheat.dat.

Titania

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thanks a lot for the translation and congratulations on finishing it, guys!

The game works perfectly on M3 Real cards, once you apply the AP patch.

Also I've found a typo in chapter 3. At the beginning of the third part, Kate says that the chocolates she gave Ray and Greg are Master's favorite "chocoiates". There was another typo by Badd during the first part of chapter 3, but I forgot to note it.

ive m3 ds real but i don't know how to apply AP please help ;(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @realtimesave, Sup