ROM Hack Ace Attorney Investigation (2): Prosecutor's Path FINAL [RELEASE]

mrichston

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
And here's the thing. I didn't think my problem would be mentioned on this 'cause it was a problem with the emulator and not the patch. But I still read it all. And my problem was only mentioned twice and it didn't help. And I've searched everywhere for answers, and got nothing. But it seems I'll just have to replay all two and a half cases. And thank you SO MUCH for translating it in the first place.

So you have probably searched your emulator folder too see how and where dsv files are used... if you have searched everywhere.

Reactions: Auryn

DR_LaZer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you have probably searched your emulator folder too see how and where dsv files are used... if you have searched everywhere.
Nope. Nothing of the sort. The closest things I could find were many ".dst" files. Other than that, nothing. It is very possible I missed something. After all, I am not "the best".

mrichston

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Nope. Nothing of the sort. The closest things I could find were many ".dst" files. Other than that, nothing. It is very possible I missed something. After all, I am not "the best".

You should figure out what is dsv file, create one and search again.

Auryn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
And here's the thing. I didn't think my problem would be mentioned on this 'cause it was a problem with the emulator and not the patch.
Really?? I didn't know that... :hateit:

Well, maybe you should try read the documentation section of the emulator then.
I suppose you are using Desmume so i will help you a bit:
http://desmume.org/documentation/

PS: You are welcome, it was a pleasure to translate the game :yaysp:

DR_LaZer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really?? I didn't know that... :hateit:

Well, maybe you should try read the documentation section of the emulator then.
I suppose you are using Desmume so i will help you a bit:
http://desmume.org/documentation/

PS: You are welcome, it was a pleasure to translate the game :yaysp:

Thanks for the help, but I already read that. And I beat case three a little bit ago, so it's alright. And trust me I will NOT loose my progress again.

And I can't thank you enough for translating this, for FREE no less-at least... to my knowledge it's free. Wish me luck on case four.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
There are several instances where an unknown culprit is referred to as "they". It could be me because I'm not a native english speaker, but I can't stop thinking about a group of people when somebody says "they". I would have prefered sticking with a simple "he" when referring to a culprit because "the culprit" is a) singular and b) has a masculine gender.

FailName

░▒▓█▓▒░
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are several instances where an unknown culprit is referred to as "they". It could be me because I'm not a native english speaker, but I can't stop thinking about a group of people when somebody says "they". I would have prefered sticking with a simple "he" when referring to a culprit because "the culprit" is a) singular
Though singular they has a long history of usage and is common in everyday English, its use has been criticized since the late nineteenth century, and acceptance varies.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Singular_they
WiiUBricker said:
and b) has a masculine gender.
If the culprit is unknown, how did you know he has a masculine gender? In English, most nouns don't inherently have a gender.

mrichston

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
He the culprit vs. they the culprit. I don't care what's grammatically correct. All I know is that "they" sounds weird when referring to a single person.

English is not my primary language, so I also first thought
it felt weird, but that's how they do it.

Singular they has also been used in previous games:

-Gumshoe
Got a person saying
they saw a murder.

Phoenix:
Huh... looks like they hung up.

Byrde:
Dustin and I waited for the
person to show up...

Byrde:
but they never did.

Pillbug

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
So... I was happily playing my way through the game, and started the Case 3. And then all buggy hell broke lose. First, when the show's name presentation had finished, I heard a heavily disorted sound that finished with a normal "cling!". After that, Jeff, the guy with the afro, swong a cooking tool with cream with it. So far, no graphic bugs, but the swinging sound was also disorted. The presentation went normal with the song, until the camera panned outside the TV screen and then...
SrqGrgX.png

Anyone knows how to fix this?

Pillbug

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Alright, got the 0.9.9 version. Can you tell me if the save files in the OP work for that version? If not, where can I get them?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...