ROM Hack Ace Attorney Investigation (2): Prosecutor's Path FINAL [RELEASE]

Auryn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Sorry guys if i sound like an asshole but to my knoledge every Microsoft Windows version comes with the Internet explorer installed and every Mac OS should have Safari so if you have problems with Chrome or Broser X, it's a matter of 2 min or less to find an alternative (already installed or to install). I am not here to teach you how to use your PC or the internet.

WiiUBricker: It's funny that you mention this detail because I just saw some day ago a youtuber that moved to europe and he was playing some game with Celsius degrees and most subscribers was asking him to change to Fahrenheit.
I remember that we had a discussion about weights (lbs and Kg) and we decided to put both of them on the graphics but if my memory isn't wrong, only lbs made it into the text.
Probably the text editors left it like that to go with the lbs. I don't remember having a graphic with temperatures.
Maybe we will edit that for the final patch.

Feroz El Mejor

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Spain
Sorry guys if i sound like an asshole but to my knoledge every Microsoft Windows version comes with the Internet explorer installed and every Mac OS should have Safari so if you have problems with Chrome or Broser X, it's a matter of 2 min or less to find an alternative (already installed or to install). I am not here to teach you how to use your PC or the internet.

WiiUBricker: It's funny that you mention this detail because I just saw some day ago a youtuber that moved to europe and he was playing some game with Celsius degrees and most subscribers was asking him to change to Fahrenheit.
I remember that we had a discussion about weights (lbs and Kg) and we decided to put both of them on the graphics but if my memory isn't wrong, only lbs made it into the text.
Probably the text editors left it like that to go with the lbs. I don't remember having a graphic with temperatures.
Maybe we will edit that for the final patch.

Yes, add the Celsius please, I'm with WiiUBricker

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Probably because most of his subscribers happen to be from the US. Another idea: How about providing two versions of the patch. One for US people and the other one for europe/rest of the world?

Auryn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Probably because most of his subscribers happen to be from the US. Another idea: How about providing two versions of the patch. One for US people and the other one for europe/rest of the world?
Do that would mean make a overhault of the whole script and change the USA / British english as well :P
If you mean about the Fahrenheit only, we will see, if it's something that will not take too much time, i will think about it.
Anyway, actually everything to edit the game is out there so if somebody want to do that, just give the credits to the right persons and feel free to do it :)

robotpikachu

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Finished the game last night and I knew I just had to make an appreciation post.
I'm very impressed by how well the translation was done. I barely remembered that this was unofficial.
Thank you so much for taking the time and effort to translate the game. I really enjoyed it.

KentaZX

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just finished the game and man did I loved it! It really felt like I was playing the official USA game. The translation patch was made really well. the only bug I found was lets say, when you load up your save, half of the text of dialogue from where you saved will disappear... buts thats only when you load up your save again, after pressing A, everything is back to normal so its just a minor bug. Anyways Thank you so much for translating this game all the way dude!

Trieve

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi Auryn,

I just created an account just to show my appreciation for the work of you and everyone involved in the translation. Thanks! :) .

I've finished the game and ran into some minor problems. Somewhere very close to the end of case 4, there was a logic piece I acquired but green text didn't appear. In case 5 towards the end, after saving the game (when we're asked to make a choice out of 3) or just before showing evidence for something the text in the box on the top screen, some is removed.

That's as far as I can remember without playing the game again (which I will do at some point). Thanks again for the translation.

EDIT: Btw, if it helps, I followed the posts in this thread and was able to play and finish the game on my NDSTT flash card. I did not use an emulator.

EDIT2: I found out about this translation (or this thread) thanks to ZSlyzer from youtube.

EDIT3: There was also a text error (typo) where the sentence didn't make sense. All words were spelled correctly. Ray said it and I think it was towards the second half of case 5.

mrichston

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
EDIT3: There was also a text error (typo) where the sentence didn't make sense. All words were spelled correctly. Ray said it and I think it was towards the second half of case 5.

Do you think you gave us enough information to find that typo?

Trieve

Trophies
XP
Country
Do you think you gave us enough information to find that typo?

One can hope but I think I remember now.

***SPOILERS***

It was during the final confrontation with the mastermind. Close to the end of defeating him I believe.

EDIT: It's not really a typo, it's just the sentence Ray said didn't make sense because a word or two seemed to be incorrect or out of place where they were used. There were no spelling mistakes or anything that looked clearly horrible. eg John went to the is bathroom.

Blue14

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a great patch, but I have a problem where the game completely bricks during the opening animation for case 3 and I can't progress. Has anyone else had this issue/does anyone have any recommendations to fix it?

texedomel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I signed up for an account just to say thank you. Much appreciated for all the hard work being put into this project, all for the good of countless number of people. Without this wonderful translation I will never be able to play this game.

I have just got everything to work, the game seems loading okay now opening the first case. Crossing my finger that my flashcard will get the game work all the way thru.
If Capcom ever release this game in NA I sure will get it.

Reactions: Auryn

SilverInkblot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Signed up specifically because I'm having trouble patching this :/

When I download the xdelta link, there is no folder - there's nothing to decompress. I can run the Japanese ROM on Desmume just fine, but I've spent the last two and a half hours researching and trying every alternative to patch the thing into English. I'd appreciate any help offered!

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if this suggestion has been made already, but I wanted to suggest to change Fahrenheit to Celsius. Fahrenheit is only used in the US while Celsius is used worldwide. And since this patch is made for people all over the world, it makes sense to use Celsius and not Fahrenheit.
as had been already discussed about another region difference (california roll)
the official ace attorney translations are based in "japanifornia", he is just staying true to the original translations

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Why would americans use non-american units?

Most graphics have both international and american units.
Also Delicia uses litres in one line, because she is british.
I wasn't talking about graphics. If you played the game, you would know that there were multiple text-only references to temperatures in Fahrenheit only.
Also, Ace Attorney actually is set in Japan.

mrichston

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I wasn't talking about graphics. If you played the game, you would know that there were multiple text-only references to temperatures in Fahrenheit only.
Also, Ace Attorney actually is set in Japan.

Originals yes, but official localisations so far have been set in USA:
http://aceattorney.wikia.com/wiki/Los_Angeles

It would look silly to have both in dialogue.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    Im gonna see if I can find a ps4 to buy
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    now that firm ware 11 supposedly is exploitable
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you see the fallout series
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is pretty good
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    an elder scrolls movie or show would be cool, but which elder scrolls game would it be based on?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh who am i kidding it'd be skyrim
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but,since they're only a few years apart, a morrowind + oblivion series would also be cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: