Ace Attorney Investigation (2): Prosecutor's Path FINAL [RELEASE]

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Auryn, Jun 14, 2014.

1. honeybuns82

honeybuns82 Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 25, 2009
    United States
    There were some posts on page 16/17 stating that there is a certain part for case 5 in which you need to use the microphone. The poster asked how to use the mic on Desmume -- which wasn't answered -- but another user posted a save state to bypass the mic event.

Anyways, if you want to use the mic function yourself but don't have a physical mic, you can follow these instructions that I found online. It takes less than a minute to set up and I tested it and can confirm it works.

....If you do not have a microphone connected to your computer you can use the DeSmuME emulator to simulate microphone input. Click "Config" from the DeSmuME Menu bar and select the "Microphone Settings" option. Click the radio button next to "Use Internal Noise Sample" or "Use rand() whitenoise" and then click "OK." Click "Config" and select "Hotkey Config" to map a button on your keyboard to the microphone function. When the game requires you to blow into the microphone, press the selected hotkey to simulate microphone input.

2. manifolded

manifolded Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 22, 2014
    Just wanted to say thank you so very much. I'm on my way through case 4 and it pains to think that this game could have gone unplayed but for your hard work. Great, amazing job!

3. BigFae

BigFae Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 23, 2014
    United States
    Hello, guys First and for most I would Like to say that this translation is on point. I've just recently competed the 2nd case. However, I was using Desume 0.9.10 and when i start the 3rd case the intro goes black. I've read the first post and downloaded the save files. So my dilemma is how do i go about using them for Desume 0.9.9?

EDIT: NVM I was using the wrong 0.9.9 version I was using x86 instead of x64. I didnt have a to use a save file sense it piked upright after I left off

4. OliviaLaura

OliviaLaura Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 30, 2014
    Netherlands
    When I patch the .nds file and the .dps file, I end up with a normal file which I can't play on my emulator, I need to end up with a .nds or .rom file but how?

5. WiiUBricker

WiiUBricker News Police

Banned
    Sep 19, 2009
    Argentina
    Espresso
    Man this game is edgetastic. Very well translated and the Objection! dubs are great. A big thank you to all the contributors. :bow:

6. invidente7

invidente7 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 2, 2011
    Mexico
    I just finished it, and all I can say is: MAGNIFICENT!

7. Lycanroc

Lycanroc Woof

May 11, 2014
    Germany
    Just add a .nds extension to the file you get.

ComeTurismO likes this.
  8. Arkansaw

Arkansaw GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 23, 2005
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Haven't checked in for a long time, but good to see that the English project is completing as well ;)

9. DylanBarajas

DylanBarajas Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 3, 2014
    Mexico
    Houston, Texas
    I just made a acount to thank you all that work on this!
    I download it to my R4 wood and it works pretty good!

10. Houou

Houou GBAtemp Regular

Jun 16, 2006
    Hey - first of all - fabulous translation. Can't thank you enough.

Second - here's a bug report:
    Case 2, first time you talk to the prisoner in the special cell (not sure who they are yet, I just paused the game), they say:
    "...and place me here in this cell."
    but that should be
    "...and placed me here in this cell."

11. RageStomper

RageStomper Member

Newcomer
    Aug 9, 2014
    Thank you all for all of the time you have put aside just to translate it so we can play it. There are a few things that are still confusing me. I have downloaded the (Japanese) ROM, have applied the newest patch, and am using desmume 0.9.9.. But it still gives me the Japanese translation, even though I have already tried patching it several times. Is there a reason for this? Or am I just doing something wrong? Any help would be appreciated.

12. rayjay

rayjay GBAtemp Regular

Oct 13, 2010
    Just started playing this on my IEDGE and it's working great so far! Have there been any notable errors reported since the beta's release?

13. Houou

Houou GBAtemp Regular

Jun 16, 2006
    Suggestion: during Case 3, when Courtney tells DeBeste that she'll explain everything from "the top" later, which he associates with his last name (incredibly awkward pun), you could have her say "I'll explain the rest later...", and then Sebastian could say something like "Tell DeBeste the rest?" etc.

14. Knocki

Knocki Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 6, 2014
    Gambia, The
    I cant download the patch can you add a Mirror pls

15. Auryn
    OP

Auryn GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 21, 2011
    Swaziland
    @ravjay: nothing game breaking apart the issues listed on the read me.

@Knocky: at the moment of this message, the patch was downloaded 40187 times and you are the only one having problems.

16. Niozerp

Niozerp Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 6, 2014
    United States
    Camas, Washington

No I'm having issues as well. The download won't start from the "manual" link. I can't get any files to download from FileTrip. Chrome is reporting some kind of network error.

I believe that FileTrip is having issues right now, but Knocky's not alone in his troubles.

17. etraininnj

etraininnj Member

Newcomer
    Feb 2, 2008
    United States

Add me to those having issues with the download as well :(

18. colgato

colgato Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 8, 2014
    United States
    im realky sorry im asking this but how do you get those recovery save files to work?? the game doesnt respond to any of them i just want to start case 4

19. RageStomper

RageStomper Member

Newcomer
    Aug 9, 2014
    Tried re-downloading all the files (ROM, patch, xdelta etc.) But the problem still persists. After patchinng it still shows Japanese text, not English. Help?

20. WiiUBricker

WiiUBricker News Police

Banned
    Sep 19, 2009
    Argentina
    Espresso
    Not sure if this suggestion has been made already, but I wanted to suggest to change Fahrenheit to Celsius. Fahrenheit is only used in the US while Celsius is used worldwide. And since this patch is made for people all over the world, it makes sense to use Celsius and not Fahrenheit.

niño de cobre and VicViper-V like this.
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted