War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
* Special Note: It's recommended to wait for iXtreme LT (Lite Touch) before you play any more backups or originals on an unbanned console flashed with custom firmware.

abgx360(info) v1.0.2 has been officially released.

Changelog:
* Changes affecting all platforms:
- Added support for 4th Wave PFI/Video
- Added support for SS v2
- Added the new check for DMI corruption which the database has been using since 2009/06/14
- Added ability to at least try to verify the game data when no Xex/SS ini is available and we're not going to AutoFix
- Added support for Avatar Awards
- Added option to select your preferred language to use when displaying strings from the Xex title resource
- Added drag & drop support for the GUI Input panel
- Added option to embed images in the HTML source code as data URIs for better portability (when using HTML output)
- Added JavaScript to HTML output that allows you to check off achievements and see the achieved text (especially useful when the how-to text is vague)
- Added a Donate button to the GUI so you can help me pay the bills and continue working on improvements
smile.gif

- Removed "Look for verified files in the local folder only" option from the GUI. I can't tell you how many people have checked this box without reading it because they saw it in a tutorial or someone else told them to do it, and then they can't figure out why abgx360 says you need to enable online functions. Please stop writing/following tutorials! Just read the Quickstart topics, the tutorial is right there.
- Checking for updates to GameNameLookup.csv is now optional (the csv was eating 50% of our bandwidth and you probably don't need it anyway since the game name can be retrieved directly from the Xex)
- Fixed a bug where folders would be considered files when parsing the ISO filesystem on some recent games
- Fixed a bug where default.pe (a temporary file used when decompressing a compressed default.xex) wasn't being deleted automatically
- Fixed a bug where unicode code point 160 (no-break space) would be displayed in a CLI window as " ?" instead of " "
- Small changes to the way some messages are displayed (harder to miss)

* Changes affecting Windows:
- Now storing data files in the AppData folder to prevent errors related to permissions and UAC. You can open the GUI and hit Ctrl+F to find out where your StealthFiles are now stored and optionally have it opened for you. abgx360 will still check for Video ISOs in the old install directory first though, so you don't need to move that 3rd Wave Video ISO if you have it saved there already.
- Using libcurl 7.19.6 which should hopefully fix some strange connection problems affecting a small percentage of users

* Changes affecting Linux/BSD:
- Fixed a bug on 64 bit systems which made it impossible to read PFI/Video exceptions from abgx360.dat
- Added code to the unix version of kbhit() to prevent hanging when abgx360 is launched as a background process

* Changes affecting Mac OS X:
- Fixed a bug where abgx360 would fail to launch if you supplied a filename that contained an apostrophe
- Changed the dark gray text used for things like achievement type to normal gray since it was actually showing up black (invisible on a black background)
- Removed GUI option to "Use Terminal font characters" (this refers to a Windows font which replicates CP437 characters and not Terminal.app)
Source
Official site
Download

triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
I've uploaded the abgx 1.02 installer to mediafire and filetrip. Hope Chanser doesn't mind.
nyanya.gif

Note that you have to download the 4th wave video data from http://www.abgx360.net and place it in your stealthfiles folder. After installing abgx360 1.02, press ctrl + f and press yes at the prompt to open the stealthfiles folder. Place the 4th wave video data there.

jaxxster

The Heretic
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Probs the most pointless time to release this. This has no use whatsoever at this current time

a) People who are not banned yet will not be using it because they arent gunna carry on downloading and playing games

b) people who are banned dont care wether the games are "verified" or not

aZnXrAvEr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jaxxster said:
Probs the most pointless time to release this. This has no use whatsoever at this current time

a) People who are not banned yet will not be using it because they arent gunna carry on downloading and playing games

b) people who are banned dont care wether the games are "verified" or not

Actually, I'm not banned (yet) and I've been waiting for this abgx360 release so that I can verify all my 4th wave isos and burn them to get my hard drive space back!
smile.gif
Of course, I'm not going to play them yet after I burn them... I'm waiting for ixtreme LT!

jaxxster

The Heretic
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
It wasnt directed at War at all. I have no idea how people an trust abgx from here on out, its already proven to verify games incorrectly. Even if this new firmware cant be detected we'll always have bad rips

Lakerfanalways

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question. Yesterday before abgx 1.0.2 came out, I had burned Tekken 6 and Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2..today I abgx verified the two burned games, everything was fine, except on the bottom it said "Size is too small for SplitVid but writing is disabled, cannot fix", but when I scanned the iso that was on my desktop it was fine..right now I burned Dragon Age:Origins and I verified it through abgx, burned it, and I put the burn disk through abgx, and the SplitVid is valid..so my question is, do I have to re-burn Tekken 6 and Modern Warfare or is it Ok..I have already been banned, but I am scanning these games to verify that they are not corrupt in anyway

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Eh, I'm still gonna play games offline even though I'm not banned yet. Sure, abgx may not be reliable anymore, but a) I (along with everyone else here) am probably gonna get banned the next time I sign in to Live for whatever reason, and b) this new "LT firmware" probably won't be ready for at LEAST another month or two. I'm not gonna let that keep me from playing games :\

Chanser

:o
Trophies
XP
Country
Monaco
triassic911 said:
I've uploaded the abgx 1.02 installer to mediafire and filetrip. Hope Chanser doesn't mind.
nyanya.gif

Note that you have to download the 4th wave video data from http://www.abgx360.net and place it in your stealthfiles folder. After installing abgx360 1.02, press ctrl + f and press yes at the prompt to open the stealthfiles folder. Place the 4th wave video data there.

Not going to up the Linux and MAC version?
unsure.gif

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for the heads up War.

@aZnXrAvEr the last version of ABGX supported wave 4 but it might have thrown an "error" up upon encountering a wave 4 iso.

I have been always running an offline xbox but I still check things.

amzo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Was wondering....Under the "manually Patch or Extract files" tab should I put a tick in "patch even if stealth passes" just to ensure stealth uses the one provided by abgx? Also is it ok to now use the activate.iso with 1.61 through my Liteon drive without getting the ban?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: :( +1