Homebrew [A9LH]BootAnim9 Animations Thread!

Wolfvak

nyaa~
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Uneducated in the subject maybe but definitely not stupid. Thanks for the assessment either way. Lol

Well, nowadays we do have something called Google. If you search "GPLv2" you'll learn that it's a software license which forces source release whenever there's a binary release. If GW were to create their own version, they'd have to release source code as well.

There's a difference between being uneducated and being lazy :P

For the record, it's coded in C with some asm mixed in. However when you look at the source you can tell immediately.

EDIT: w00t 404th post!

Last edited by Wolfvak,
D

Deleted User

Well, nowadays we do have something called Google. If you search "GPLv2" you'll learn that it's a software license which forces source release whenever there's a binary release. If GW were to create their own version, they'd have to release source code as well.

There's a difference between being uneducated and being lazy :P

For the record, it's coded in C with some asm mixed in. However when you look at the source you can tell immediately.
I understand now thx. So it looks like gateways update will delayed :( I was really looking forward to geting a9hl.

D

Deleted User

If youre on a firmware capable of running GW, cant you always just ditch GW and follow Plailect's guide to obtain A9LH and CFW?
Id rather not ditch my setup since im sure if i am patient i can get it though gateway, which will be safer.
[my spelling and gramer is terible because i am on my n3ds.]

Slowe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To bring things back to animations:
You could try converting it using 20-25 fps but using a 30fps config, in order to "trick" BA9.
This is one of the things that I really need to get around to doing: writing a small guide with instructions on how to improve performance

This worked, thanks! Also, I think my original source wasn't compressed enough and I was getting anim files that were too big. After using a smaller source and converting at 20fps with a 30fps config, its a lot smoother now.
Any chance I can get the button version with 30fps? I'm running it on my N3DS and it's much slower than the gif preview. If it's not to much to ask, could you shorten the length of time at the end so that it's not sitting there as long? Thanks :)

Sorry for the long delay, here are the new and improved animations (now with 16% less length):

Buttoned: https://mega.nz/#!JZAQSQTA!Xx3ICsMwGX-tNvk54hsJGXnqZa9-v8J2xg5i6xYAJoI
Unbuttoned: https://mega.nz/#!8dRlVZgL!4CXPPh5-xY88rTn7wMVIelhKJFSndW2vKYMxM0BWaOM

0I5Ln00.gif

Wolfvak

nyaa~
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Well that went well. I'd like to remind EVERYONE (both GW and non-GW users) that this is not a place to discuss which one is better. (however non-GW A9LH is best A9LH tbh :^))
Now, as for GW compatibility @Hunter Guimont, I don't even know how they will implement loading their payload. My initial thought was that they would completely rip off stage1/stage2 from a9lh, and from there load their payload from the carts flash memory, which means that we will not have access to it.

Unless they actually provide info, nobody will support them. So keep that in mind.

Also, there's literally no way to make it "safer". They can hide away most steps from the guide, but the 2.1 downgrade will still happen.

I'm getting ready to release v0.6 any time soon (not SOON™, Please Understand™) but I need animations.
Even though there's a lot of them, they're mostly just CFW bootscreens with button layouts (again, not wrong), but I need more themed animations. Most of my animations are custom because there's really not much variety to be honest.

So yeah, if anyone here knows his stuff with BA9 or has a ridiculously large collection of GIFs (no memes pls), let me know.

I NEED a Digimon boot screen pls

Last edited by Wolfvak,

JayDzz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I know that "THIS IS NOT A HELP THREAD" but, can this brick my device? And will it complete full boot animation? Or skip if device is ready to boot?

junior598

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
Ah. Okay, so usually the animation would stop loading after a couple days. I'll clarify more when I'm not in school haha

nickwhit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, latest nightly (to fix update message) but this has been happening before the update to the nightly
StarUpdater breaks BootAnim9..
UNLESS you create a .cfg (placed in luma folder) that includes the path of your A9LH payload.

ex. "/anim/luma.bin"

This will allow you to use StarUpdater and BootAnim together properly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto