A law firm has begun an investigation for a class action lawsuit on Nintendo over Joy-Con drift

new-joy-con-1563458834681.jpg

Joy-Con connectivity issues have plagued Nintendo Switch owners since the launch of the console, more than two years ago. Recently, Joy-Con drift has become a topic of interest once more, due to fans vocally expressing their disappointment. With no real solution in sight, it appears that a law firm is stepping in to see if they can make things happen. The law firm, called Chimicles Schwartz Kriner & Donaldson-Smith LLP, is a three-decade old institution that focuses on class action lawsuits. According to CSK&D, they have begun an investigation into a possible class-action lawsuit against Nintendo for selling faulty Joy-Cons that have phantom input and interfere with gaming.

You can fill out the form in the link below to offer your personal experiences with your Joy-Cons to help give the firm more information to work with. If enough reports come in, then CSK&D will move forward with their lawsuit. Whether this will result in a solution or even make it to court is unclear, but the threat of legal action could perhaps spur Nintendo into coming up with a fix or revision for future Joy-con releases.

:arrow: Source

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
@cucholix @ploggy let's settle this once and for all!
Fuck off, Nintendo, and your cheap-ass sticks!
It's finally time for someone to put them in their place.

How does it feel being sued, huh, Nintendo?
Got a taste of the same medicine that Nintendo loves so much.
Hope they get their asses kicked as karma for what they've done to fan projects and the emulation scene.

Last edited by ShadowOne333,

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Well, I'm still having no problems with my launch day joycons, but the majority of my play time is in docked mode, and I might very well be in the minority. Regardless, I don't expect much to come from this, as the payouts for Nvidia's GTX 970 VRAM fiasco were only about $30 per person. With a product as (relatively) inexpensive as the joycons, people can look forward to maybe a $10 reimbursement, and that's only if the case wins, and only after a couple years.

Chary

Never sleeps
OP
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Well, I'm still having no problems with my launch day joycons, but the majority of my play time is in docked mode, and I might very well be in the minority. Regardless, I don't expect much to come from this, as the payouts for Nvidia's GTX 970 VRAM fiasco were only about $30 per person. With a product as (relatively) inexpensive as the joycons, people can look forward to maybe a $10 reimbursement, and that's only if the case wins, and only after a couple years.
I think rather than get a $1.50 credit, people should be looking for this to get Nintendo's attention and generate enough bad PR for them to change their Joy-Cons, assuming they are actually faulty.

Chary

Never sleeps
OP
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Don't companies have QA testing who actually, IDK, test these before they get released? How freaking hard is it to test?
Sometimes these things just happen. The DualShock 4 has notably horrendous triggers on the early models, and the first X360's were known to RROD. What matters is that they were fixed, eventually.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sometimes these things just happen. The DualShock 4 has notably horrendous triggers on the early models, and the first X360's were known to RROD. What matters is that they were fixed, eventually.

True, but still, I don't seem to recall MS or Sony being sued for faulty controllers.

Reactions: THYPLEX

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I think rather than get a $1.50 credit, people should be looking for this to get Nintendo's attention and generate enough bad PR for them to change their Joy-Cons, assuming they are actually faulty.
True, and it is about to become a much bigger headache for Nintendo if they aren't using higher quality components for the Switch Lite. Sticks that quickly develop drift would render the entire unit unusable.

Xabring

Trophies
Website
xabring.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Mexico

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...