1. kprovost7314

kprovost7314 GBAtemp's Official Shota and Bara Master

United States
    Sucks that Joy-Con drift exists, I actually like the controllers.

HinaNaru Cutie likes this.
  2. AmandaRose

AmandaRose Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan

United Kingdom
    Its not normal that my first left joycon started drifting a month and a half after the switch first came out. It's not normal that my second one started drifting after 7 months. It's not normal my third lasted about as long as my first. It's not normal there was thousands of reports by other people of the drift issue only a few months after the switch came out.

3. HarvHouHacker

HarvHouHacker Owner of the Rock Band Customs Project

United States
    I am not experiencing Joy-con drift. What I have been experiencing is the Joy-cons randomly disconnecting in specific games. It has happened in Trivial Pursuit Live and Carnival Games, and it's usually when they are used as single Joy-cons. I'm not sure if it is wireless interference, or if there is, in fact, a defect. Whatever the case, this has to be fixed.

I'm not sure if a lawsuit is the best idea, though.

4. Clydefrosch

Clydefrosch GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    it honestly sounds to me like any time any lawyer starts a CAL in the us, at least one lawyer in every other country is trying to do the same.

so far, none of these went anywhere, right? pretty sure just pointing at the word warranty is enough to make sure these don't go anywhere. if it's faulty, send it in and get it replaced.

5. HinaNaru Cutie

HinaNaru Cutie GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    lmao another lawsuit, man my day just got better - i am giggling way too much...laughed too, um but i cant stop giggling from this news, - okay..they actually do deserve this badly, new Nintendo has just become utter greed, that it's disgusting, uncomfortable to go onto the eshop at times knowing well that you can find naughty games on a dang family console that children have since - it's Nintendo. utterly depressing how my childhood company turned into this..man i miss when the old president was...there..sigh..i hate being old..i don't wanna live through this lmao xD..but i have to keep going on.

ima eat good food while watching Nintendo burn down > : DDD - oh gosh, that was bad..ignore that e-e// back to the point at hand; yes new Nintendo has gone to complete utter poop, and that includes their hybrid console switch >_>"...

Bladexdsl and DarkCoffe64 like this.
  6. eyeliner

eyeliner Has an itch needing to be scratched.

Portugal
    Exactly. It's like pressing on a direction constantly without input.
    I noticed it when playing Lego Worlds last year. The character kept going left for some reason, making the game painful to play.

One of them, I opened and did the procedure, breaking one of the most sensible pieces that hold the thing in place.
    The other one, I used WD40. Both work perfectly with moderate use from my daughter.

I then bought a Mayflair adapter and use my Wireless XBOX 360 when multiplaying.

Last edited by eyeliner, Jan 22, 2021
    godreborn likes this.
  7. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    the only time I noticed something like that was with my old switch, which died. it was with xenoblade chronicles 2, but I was playing with a pro controller I believe. I think the problem may have been playing with version 1.00 though, because I heard the game had a lot of bugs.

8. Viri

Viri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    I would feel a bit sorry for Nintendo. But then I remembered they tried to deny Joy con drift. They deserve to suffer over this. I hope more countries do the same. Come on EU, where are those consumer protection laws I heard about? Why are Americans getting repairs free, and your countries are paying?

DarkCoffe64 likes this.
  9. regnad

regnad Button Masher

I had to replace my left joy con's stick twice. The second time, one of the tiny ribbons broke, which basically killed the contoller. These things just aren't made to be assembled and fixed and reassembled multiple times, but that's what's required.

10. DarkCoffe64

Italy
    I've Ps1 controllers that are still working perfectly to this day. Ps1. Almost 30 years old controllers.
    Yeah no.

11. Cris98XX

Cris98XX Member
    Newcomer

Italy
    Oh shit, a fellow Italian. But let's admit it, Dualshock controllers are fucking well-made. If you barely use them, they can last for 25-30 years

DarkCoffe64 likes this.
  12. Mariemario

Mariemario Member
    Newcomer

Indonesia
    The Joycons are garbage. I bought Switch twice and the controllers just drifted after a while. Sold them after several months of use. I only play handheld on my new 3ds xl now (stick replacement is cheap and it is durable), other games I play on PC.

HinaNaru Cutie and DarkCoffe64 like this.
  13. DS1

DS1 伝説のサラリーマン

United States
    Yeah I’d want to get a 3rd party pad for Pokken anyway, but I’m also the type of person to put it off forever (my DS4 has been broken for a year and I just keep swapping out with old DS3 parts that don’t fit). I play PSP or 3DSL mobile.

14. HinaNaru Cutie

HinaNaru Cutie GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    dude your comment got me to laugh too hard - I'm coughing, but you have an excellent point

15. Lucifer666

Lucifer666 all the world needs is me

United Kingdom
    Here we go again.

I know that this happens to a lot of people. My sister's had to replace her joy cons not once but twice. Am I the only one who's never developed this problem? I have a launch model Switch. I sometimes get terrible input lag with the joy cons though.

16. raxadian

raxadian GBAtemp Addict

Argentina
    Nintendo really should have stopped making crappy joycons by switching to better plastic ages ago.

DarkCoffe64 likes this.
  17. MetoMeto

MetoMeto GBAtemp Maniac

United Kingdom
    i know quite few people buying switch and replacing their joycons after few days because of drift. i dont see how nintendo fails to see the problem.

18. LightBeam

LightBeam GBAtemp Fan

France
    I'm not talking about YOU specifically, don't be selfish and self centered. You obviously know you would have a problem if you wanted to play with someone else. Therefore saying « huh, buy a Pro Controller, ez fix » isn't a solution. There are even some games that require joycons, like Super Mario Party for example, so if you want to play that game you are screwed.
    Also, how is buying an 80€ controller a solution for fixing the controllers that are bundled with the console ? You are out of your mind.
    My own joycons are working fine now because I have fixed those myself, so I could do like you and say « hey people, no worries, you can buy joysticks for cheap and fix those yourself, it ain't that hard » does it make it ok ? Of course not. You bought that stuff, it's not okay to have those breaking for no reason after some months and buying another product from the same company that sold you this broken thing isn't a solution either.

If it's not a problem to YOU because you bought something else, then good, happy for you, but you still have to understand that people have to require Nintendo to fix this bs and you defending this bs because you bought another controller is ...... Idk I don't have words for that honestly. There are controllers that last decades, and you tell me that it's normal for a controller to last less than 4 years just buy a replacement, smh

Again, good for you fixed it the way you wanted ... I still want all my controllers to work tho, especially at this price point, and I don't think I'm alone. Especially people owning Switch lite consoles. I mean, you got drift on those ? If you can't send those to Nintendo then you can't do anything, except maybe replacing the sticks yourself but it's way harder than on the regular joycons

psintek and DarkCoffe64 like this.
  19. Vineezy

Vineezy Member
    Newcomer

Ireland
    Nintendo really... changed since Furukawa and Doug came into the picture. I'm sure Iwata would've wanted to make a Switch 1.5 or a console fix/patch already, if he were still alive.

Here's the question though: Would Joy-Con drift still exist if the Switch was Iwata's last PROPER console before he passed? I know he planned/designed PARTS and the IDEA of the Switch, but what if he passed after it was fully designed under his wing?

psintek, DarkCoffe64 and aadz93 like this.
  20. aadz93

aadz93 GBAtemp Official Psychonaut

Korea, North

Nintendo had plenty of money to go after the hacking scene, but apparently didn't have enough to make functional controllers.

Taste it nintendo it's your own medicine, taste good donnit?

Last edited by aadz93, Jan 24, 2021
    psintek, Henx, MetoMeto and 1 other person like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Nintendo, another, lawsuit