Nintendo offers a vague statement in regards to recent Joy-Con drift issues

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chary, Jul 23, 2019.

1. lincruste

lincruste GBAtemp Fan

Jan 13, 2008
    Antarctica
    france
    I understand that, but they WILL fail. What I mean is: once we know Nintendo replaces the faulty parts with a better design, everybody should make the swap.

2. samcambolt270

samcambolt270 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 24, 2014
    United States
    Yeah, That's pretty much what I was saying. I wouldn't be surprised if they just silently update the sticks, and dole them out to those who get drift repairs. If you don't get the drift, no problem, but if you do than you get one that wont. This way, they also get to save face, and anybody who didn't get drift probably won't ever even know that nintendo fucked up.

3. Silent_Gunner

Silent_Gunner Mad Dog of Rambling and Insanity

Feb 16, 2017
    United States
    Is this one of those things that you can easily DIY fix yourself? (assuming you don't mind taking apart the Joy-Cons which I honestly would recommend having someone else do it unless if you have a white floor that will make finding dropped screws much easier) Like the problem with the PS3 just pushing random buttons all of a sudden until you take the controller apart, put some tape on this rubbery part of the controller (if I remember it right), and boom, a regular functioning controller is had again? Or is this more complex than that?

4. samcambolt270

samcambolt270 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 24, 2014
    United States
    You can't "fix" it permanently, as far as we know. You're stuck using essentially the same faulty replacement sticks that are basically roulettes in whether or not they'll drift again shortly after replacement. 14 bucks for a replacement stick is still a better deal than 40 someodd for a new one that'll likely last just as long as the replacement though.

5. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    you can send the whole bag in now free to get repaired!

6. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

GBAtemp Patron
    gamesquest1 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 23, 2013
    yeah I was wondering if I could see how far their free repair program extends, a few have cracks in the plastics and stuff so idk if they will be looking for any excuse to deny the free repair

Bladexdsl likes this.
  7. aykay55

aykay55 Professional Idiot

Apr 14, 2017
    United States
    Where the buffalo roam.
    I miss the days of Iwata, when Nintendo wasn’t a corporate bitch...

Tiger21820 likes this.
  8. MachRc

MachRc Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 30, 2017
    United States
    Thank you nintendo and chat worth repair center for getting the joycons fixed /replaced within I sent it friday so in five days. Pretty much sent me new ones. Now to send the other set. [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk