1. tomasowa

tomasowa GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I wonder how effective these lawsuits are and whether they're aimed at just the high-profile companies.
    Because if not, I'd like to see some legal action for the subpar quality of two Logitech devices I bought.

The 3D Extreme Pro Joystick is utter arse with drift only a few months in; they're still selling it in 2021, almost a decade after I bought mine.

The M570 Wireless Trackball is another shoddy hardware they've been peddling for years without fixing when everyone including myself complain about Left Click issues.

To this day, I haven't heard any news about these brought to court, though.
    As such, this Post can be seen as a warning not to buy those two peripherals.

2. Anon_Cypher_

Anon_Cypher_ Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Lebanon
    If these lawsuits do get approved, Nintendo would have to provide free fixes, replacements, and even refunds. This will also force them to use better quality components. Though, I am not sure if this is going to apply to all countries.

3. tomasowa

tomasowa GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Sounds fair; money is hard to come by these days and we shouldn't have to be sold shoddy hardware.

That said, South East Asia is rarely in a position to file a formal complaint; we just end up throwing away and regretting the purchase.

I don't expect that to change any time soon, so it is interesting to read what other regions can achieve.

4. Delerious

Delerious GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Glad I don't do portable so much with my Switch and use my SN30 Pro+ controller. The moment you use the sticks on the Joy Cons, you can already feel the anguish of your 1-year future self.

5. zupi

zupi Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Keep them pouring in
    Make it so Nintendo spends all the joycon scam money on lawyers

6. IceyyColdSnipez
    This message by IceyyColdSnipez has been removed from public view by x65943, Jan 25, 2021, Reason: garbage / spam.
    Jan 25, 2021
  7. console

console I'm fans of Elvira Mistress of the Dark. :-) <3

United States
    Wow! I heard news about joy-Con drift again, again now and before.

It's control quality issues from China factory look like don't care about problems for some or most controllers.

Joy-Con analog sticks need to upgrade to improve quality similar like GameCube, Wii Pro controller, Wii U Pro controller, Switch Pro controller, PS2 to PS5 controllers and Xbox One controllers.

Get Mayflash adapter to use with PlayStation 3-5 controllers, Xbox One controller, Wii remote with Wii pro controller, Wii U Pro controller and Switch Pro controller should help if we don't like Joy-Con problems due to drift.

Hope new Nintendo Switch Pro and Switch 2 don't have drift problems for new controllers when it come to release out in near future.

8. The Frenchman

The Frenchman GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    Maybe you should reiterate it again!?

9. NNate

NNate GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Nintendo doesn't seem interested in fixing the problem for real - at least with the current form factor. Perhaps if there's a rumored pro

10. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

United States
    I don't like them, I never use them, this doesn't affect me. Couldn't care less.

11. jnl1

jnl1 GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    Will change the left joystick the second time on my 3,5 years old switch...
    Looking at my N64 where I have to two 20 years old controllers which never showed any problem...

12. NNate

NNate GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Ugh, that's really bad

13. DaniPoo

DaniPoo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

you you you...

Japermen likes this.
  14. Lv44ES_Burner

Lv44ES_Burner Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    So, out of curiosity, what's the over-under on the sticks in, say, the Switch Lite compared to the ones in the Joy-Cons? Are they facing the same sort of degradation or stress issues that lead to JCD Syndrome, or is the quality of plastics in them watched more closely? I bought a Switch Lite about a year ago, the first anniversary of my owning one's sometime in March, but I'm growing a bit curious on whether I should be looking out for this being a problem.

15. NNate

NNate GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Hmmm, finding lots of Google reports of the Lites drifting. Sounds like they may be the same design, but since they're part of the screen, that's a tough pill to swallow if they start drifting.

16. Fisherman765

Fisherman765 Member
    Newcomer

Mexico
    People mentioning the Pro Controller please tell me how you are using it in Handheld mode. Not tabletop. Is there a mod where I can split my Pro Controller in half and glue some rails to it?

17. GameVasion

GameVasion Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    — Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I am pretty sure that is a 3rd party controller

18. defunct32

defunct32 GBAtemp Regular

Singapore
    Wow, the issue is drifting worlwide, Ninty better have a solid controller for their upcoming Switch, Switch 2/Pro/Neo/whatever it is their calling it.

19. Zaldo1

Zaldo1 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Lol if you think that's normal you have really low standards for quality, and it's not like I've been frequently using them for 4 years straight.

20. KingVamp

KingVamp Haaah-hahahaha!

United States
    How have they not redesigns these yet?

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Nintendo, another, lawsuit