Gaming 999: 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors

WildArms

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
sa1amandra said:
put all the counters on the 8 side. Its a hint regarding the ending, once you play through it, you'll understand it

Oh that's good to know, i think im getting closer, but still, i solved that part just by mere luck lol

Presto99

You slammin, bro?
Trophies
Website
https
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Think of it like this, it's explained in the game.

Junpei is in the present okay? Lets call it Time A.
Akane is in the past. Lets call it Time B.

The Pharmaceutical company wanted to test subjects to access that field between Time A and Time B so that the persons could exchange information to one another. That was the whole testing of the Nonary game. And by adding danger, it allowed easier access for someone to get into that middle field. So like this:

A B
| |
| |
|=============|
| Field to access |
| |

The reason why June [present] didn't die in the incinerator was because she accessed that field in the middle to the future Junpei who helped her. And June realized that in order to save herself in the past, she's going to have to get her Junpei [the one we play as] to save her.

Basically this Nonary game is going to go on forever. The Akane we saved, is going to grow up, become June, and start the Nonary game to save her past younger self with Junpei.

ShadowSoldier, (or anyone else) would you answer my questions?
Why would it go on forever? Once they finish the Nonary Game in Time A (the one we play in) then couldn't they be happy ever after and stuff? Everyone would be safe, and June (Akane) and Junpei could go do whatever. Right?
And who the heck could have killed everyone in the knife (submarine) ending? Snake wasn't actually dead, but wouldn't he be locked up in the coffin? So if it wasn't him, could it have been [cap] the guy from Cradle Pharmeceutical who had a lot of money, and was dressed in the captain's clothes? Cause what if Ace couldn't kill him?

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
ShadowSoldier, (or anyone else) would you answer my questions?
Why would it go on forever? Once they finish the Nonary Game in Time A (the one we play in) then couldn't they be happy ever after and stuff? Everyone would be safe, and June (Akane) and Junpei could go do whatever. Right?
And who the heck could have killed everyone in the knife (submarine) ending? Snake wasn't actually dead, but wouldn't he be locked up in the coffin? So if it wasn't him, could it have been [cap] the guy from Cradle Pharmeceutical who had a lot of money, and was dressed in the captain's clothes? Cause what if Ace couldn't kill him?

Think about it. If they're connected to more timelines, that means there are multiple timelines. So for June, there's future June, and Akane. For Akane there's June [the one in the game], and past Akane. And IF history repeats itself or something, June is always going to have to force Junpei to save the past Akane. They never said there was only two time frames.

And the way I see it, the bad endings were sort of like things the Ace explained or whoever it was. How they said more people "influence" people. So if lots of people jump, eventually you'll catch on. Something in other time frame is influencing them.

This is how I understood the game. We played as multiple Junpei's. We played as the one who goes to the Submarine. We played as the one who got killed by the Axe, we played as the one who got killed by the knife, and then we played as the one who made it off the ship/building. So the one who made it off the ending, who went through doors 4-7-1, didn't choose the other ones because the other Junpeis already went through it and put the information in that invisible field "you will die". So he went through 4-7-1. And the one who went through 4-7-1, knew how to open the coffin because the Junpei who opened the safe, put the combination in that invisible field for the True Ending Junpei to pick up on.

Understand? The Junpei who went through the true ending, was accessing that invisible field of information between himself and the others the whole time, but didn't realize it.

That's just how I understood the game.

Shinigami357

Current "give a fuck" level: Honey Badger
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pretty soon, this whole thread will be renamed "quote and spoiler" thread
ph34r.gif

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
WildArms said:
Didnt she said that her daughters disappeared 9 years ago (wich makes me think they were part of the nonary game), maybe is just that...

That's the only connection I can think of. Not exactly the greatest reason, but I guess they had to change it up a bit.

And I give this thread maybe a week more or so before we can stop using spoilers.

WildArms

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Ok, just finished the game... hooo

SO COOL, SO EPIC, this was actually the first time i finish a sudoku thing (i knew the rules but never bothered to play it) omg, so cool, and i understand everything so far, all the questions i got at the end, got answered after the credits.

There was one thing i couldnt get though, even after jumpei talked directly about it, about this story discrepancy, that how did Seven remember that he saved everyone, when he already said she died, or he just like, got the same thing that jumpei had? because Akane died first... that part was kinda weird, i still dont get it.

But its pretty cool, Akane did all this so she could save herself, but she disappeared in the incinerator room, still, she surely is with santa right? Lotus said that Santa and 6 were waiting ahead, i just dont get the dissapearing and re appearing act, she still wasnt dead when she dissapeared (why the fuck couldnt they show her at the end T.T). Pretty epic, i love this game.

Funny how they treated Ace at the end xD, also, WTF with the Alice at the end lol wtf >.< it was pretty weird, even if it has no relevance haha, damn developers.

Also, the hell with the preview section on the tittle scren, a new movie appeared and it says like "You are wrong, im actually... Santa" and some images appear >_>

Argggg they could at least put one more CG with Akane and Junpei together =(, or when she admits she was zero or something like that, i still feel kinda empty

I still dont get why all the pieces worked for the option 8 in the puzzle i mentioned before, in any case, they all should have worked for 9, for 9 actually being the letter Q in lowercase (q)

nryn99

desu~
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
WildArms said:
Didnt she said that her daughters disappeared 9 years ago (wich makes me think they were part of the nonary game), maybe is just that...

yeah, Nona, one of the name's seven remembered, was Lotus' daughter. Her daughters came back after been kidnapped but never spoke of what happened to her so she tried to investigate. and maybe she's just to fill a vacant spot.

Plasma_Panda

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DX Played all night long only to get the "To be continued..." ending. The one with the picture of the coffin.
My heart was racing the entire time.
ohnoes.png
I just kept expecting for Snake to reappear and we can be all "seben pwus fivve ++ fore pwus 2!!!1111!!111! lolololol" on that door.
ohnoes.png

I was so upset when it happened. Only thing I got was nightmares when I went to sleep. >_>

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Plasma_Panda said:
DX Played all night long only to get the "To be continued..." ending. The one with the picture of the coffin.
My heart was racing the entire time.
ohnoes.png
I just kept expecting for Snake to reappear and we can be all "seben pwus fivve ++ fore pwus 2!!!1111!!111! lolololol" on that door.
ohnoes.png

I was so upset when it happened. Only thing I got was nightmares when I went to sleep. >_>

That's the ending I got the very first time at night. I was like "DAMMIT! THIS IS WORSE THAN A GIRLFRIEND LEAVING ME BLUE BALLED!"

sa1amandra

Gazzaro Launching!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Gundam Eclipse said:
I have completed the game but i still keep on wondering, who the hell is the murderer in the knife and submarine endings?

its quite simple really, if you think about it, Santa and June. They probably faked the blood. Once Santa (who's playing dead) noticed Lotus, Seven and Junpei pass, he gets up and slowly follows them into the sub room. Junpei ran ahead to see the 'dead' June, the doors close and he kills Seven and Lotus, then leaves. When Junpei gets to the sub, June gets up and kills him. Lets not forget that her bracelet never snapped off, and Santa was never checked

dysan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
Shizuo said:
Any recommendation? I'm trying to find other games like this. some suspense, puzzle and animeish type
999 is very nice game

suspense,animeish,novel but not really puzzle is "time hollow" give it a try.

I also suggest "lux pain" and maybe "theresia"

any word of a patch for the game yet?

Presto99

You slammin, bro?
Trophies
Website
https
XP
Country
United States
sa1amandra said:
Gundam Eclipse said:
I have completed the game but i still keep on wondering, who the hell is the murderer in the knife and submarine endings?

its quite simple really, if you think about it, Santa and June. They probably faked the blood. Once Santa (who's playing dead) noticed Lotus, Seven and Junpei pass, he gets up and slowly follows them into the sub room. Junpei ran ahead to see the 'dead' June, the doors close and he kills Seven and Lotus, then leaves. When Junpei gets to the sub, June gets up and kills him. Lets not forget that her bracelet never snapped off, and Santa was never checked
You guys seriously--use spoilers.
In reply to the spoiler I am quoting from sa1amandra,
Why whould Santa wanna kill them? WHY? And why the HECK would June kill Junpei? That makes even less sense.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: there a bunch of good games missing, one of them (which makes a lot of sense for this type of...