64Inject - Definitive N64 Wii U Virtual Console Injector

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by phacox_cll, Apr 9, 2019.

1. phacox_cll
    OP

phacox_cll Member

Newcomer
    Mar 30, 2019
    Mexico
    Hello,

64Inject is a program that allows you to inject N64 games into the Wii U VC. Focused on streamlining the testing of different ROM combinations, configuration INI file and Wii U VC base game.

Download <-- 1.3 beta

Features

- Two modes of use, graphic and commands.
    - Configure the dark filter, the aspect ratio and the scale of the game image.
    - Support for ROM formats *.z64, *.n64, *.v64 and *.u64
    - Simplifies the incorporation of the INI configuration file for the game.
    - Image support * .png, * .jpg and * .bmp
    - The Title ID reflects if you have used the same combination of ROM, INI and Wii U VC base game.
    - Option to encrypt the result (WUPInstaller format) or leave it deciphered (Loadiine format).
    - Define folders for your ROM collection, INI files and image gallery.
    - Use encrypted or decrypted Wii U VC games as a base.
    - Multiple options through the command window, you can define everything or just an input folder and an output folder, or combine (see the examples).

Use in graphic mode
    Warning: Spoilers inside!
    Use in command mode
    Warning messages
    Remember to never install a game on the NAND of the console since there is always the risk of a brick.

Changelog
    Disclaimer

The tools packaged with this application belong to their respective developers.

Credits

NUSPacker by timogus.

JNUSTool by Maschell.

Last edited by phacox_cll, Jul 12, 2019
  2. Missingphy

Missingphy Pokémon Master, Console Bricker, and more...

Oct 7, 2018
    Mexico
    nice. it may be better than injectiine ill try it

3. SG854

SG854 If It Bleeds, We Can Kill It

Feb 17, 2017
    Comoros
    Does this work with Ocarina of Time Ver. 1.0? I've been having problems with other injectors and only ver 1.2 works.

4. Missingphy

Oct 7, 2018
    Mexico
    the only way to figure it out is trying it

5. SG854

Feb 17, 2017
    Comoros
    I don't know what the problem is and how to get 1.0 to work. And I don't know why only 1.2 works.

6. Missingphy

Oct 7, 2018
    Mexico
    injected mario party 3. works great only the text is messed up but understandable but it is 99.99999999999999999999999 percent playable

it is easier for noobs to use it no stupid command prompts and ugly white letters with black backgrounds

Last edited by Missingphy, Apr 9, 2019
  7. ArugulaZ

ArugulaZ GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 17, 2009
    United States
    Injectiine didn't work so well for me... maybe I'll have to try this instead. I've been itching to play Beetle Adventure Racing on SOMETHING.

Cleish85 and KiiWii like this.
  8. Missingphy

Oct 7, 2018
    Mexico
    this is a last resource tool. both usa and europe versions of that game work with wii64 RICE. only a few minor glitches for example the trees but it is perfect

9. EmulateLife

EmulateLife GBAtemp Addict

May 30, 2016
    United States
    Same compatibility for N64 games as any other way to get them working?

10. phacox_cll
    OP

phacox_cll Member

Newcomer
    Mar 30, 2019
    Mexico
    Yes, unfortunately the compatibility depends on the base game and the configuration INI file. 64Inject only simplifies trying different combinations.

11. Missingphy

Oct 7, 2018
    Mexico
    did you create another account?

12. phacox_cll
    OP

phacox_cll Member

Newcomer
    Mar 30, 2019
    Mexico
    I tried using the base game The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time (official), I matched the INI file of the game and only changed the rom for version 1.0 and it worked perfectly.

13. SG854

Feb 17, 2017
    Comoros
    Does the pause menu work? It glitches out on other injectors.

14. phacox_cll
    OP

phacox_cll Member

Newcomer
    Mar 30, 2019
    Mexico
    The pause menu works, however the textures of the stage and Link (which are in the background) are glitched, the texture of the menu looks good but as soon as it starts a delivery I do not know if it all appears correctly, after removing the pause the textures of the show and Link return to normal.

15. SG854

Feb 17, 2017
    Comoros
    Would you know how to fix the textures? I noticed the pause menu also takes a little longer to start up compared to 1.2. On 1.1 the game freezes during the opening navi part.

16. ArugulaZ

ArugulaZ GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 17, 2009
    United States
    I tried Wii64 with Rice on your recommendation. It ran Beetle Adventure Racing once, then crashed every time I tried to use it after that. Eh, pass.

17. CORE

CORE 3:16

Jul 15, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Cemu maybe the key to get games running by debugging and finding out what idle patches etc are required to make games boot atleast besides this info thx 4 new tool I stripped the Injectiine script and contents to n64 only with all base revisions which is why I never shared it but u can look at my blog for those but this tool looks great nice gui too:yayu:

*Zelda games including others have special patches applied to make them work*
    https://gbatemp.net/blog/core.456945/

Last edited by CORE, Apr 9, 2019
  18. SuperDan

SuperDan Im Aware ... Im Unaware

Aug 17, 2016
    United States
    Londoner , Living In Louisiana ...
    Oh very plush! I will be having a go at this .. ( when I get a day off .. One day...) I used WII64 & the forwarding channel ... I'm guessing I can go 16.9 . & it won't be dark... Like the old way .. I know this isn't able to do HD Textures packs.... But hopefully I can one day I got so used to them on Mario 64 & Zelda's . All the same Thank you

19. phacox_cll
    OP

phacox_cll Member

Newcomer
    Mar 30, 2019
    Mexico
    To correct textures, debugging should deepen the game and make a patch.
    The freezing in the introduction sequence of navi apparently is for the patches for version 1.2, I have simply omitted them and it has been fixed.
    I have only managed to reduce the delay when starting the pause menu and make the background is simply black (I do not know if this has broken something else).
    I leave a pastebin with the INI files that worked for me.
    Version 1.0: https://pastebin.com/eGyVJ3US
    Version 1.1: https://pastebin.com/X9dvEnyt

Last edited by phacox_cll, Apr 9, 2019
    CORE likes this.
  20. JacobM

JacobM GBAtemp Regular

Jun 16, 2017
    United States
    Congrats on the release! This is an incredibly useful tool for the community and I'm sure it will help in INI experimentation/development to improve compatibility. Since you added aspect ratio modification, it would be awesome if there was an easy way to also incorporate rom patch files to take advantage of widescreen patches.

I posted a widescreen patch file for SSB in the dark filter discovery thread, and gamemasterplc on youtube has a good number of widescreen patches in his video descriptions.

I think it would be a good idea to cross-post the 64Inject thread to the dark filter thread as people were looking for a user friendly and easy to use tool towards the end of the thread.

phacox_cll and Garcimak like this.