Hacking 6.2.0 - Renix, Atmosphere, SX OS which one to use?

CWaffles

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I'm about to mod a switch that is on 6.2.0

I have the SX Pro injector already and been looking over the forums.

Whats the consensus for the best mod to use on 6.2.0? I only have the injector for is SX Pro (I have an Atmosphere NX injector on the way) but seems to me that there are a bunch of caveats and "gotcha's" to watch for with SX. I'm technical enough that I dont need the injectors (I just bought them purely for ease of use), but was curious as to what most people thought.

Thanks in advance!

CWaffles

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not an online or LAN player (this switch stays in Airplane mode) so thats good to know.

Sx is he best cfw to use right now. It is the only cfw to have xci loading, hard drive support, emunand, and cheat support. The only feature that the other cfws have is online lan play but I'm pretty sure that will get added in the next update.

Reactions: gamemasteru03

Essasetic

General Spectator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Atmosphere is a good alternative if you don't want to cough up $30 for SX OS. It also comes with its perks like: kip loading (which is responsible for wireless play), better homebrew support, free and it's open source.

XCI Loading is basically obsolete (if you aren't using a USB HDD) because NSPs are a better alternative. And there's also a cheat engine for free CFW as well.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

What I'm saying is that you don't need to pay to get a good CFW.

Last edited by Essasetic,

iriez

Trophies
Website
www.xbins.org
XP
Country
United States
Atmosphere is a good alternative if you don't want to cough up $15 for SX OS. It also comes with its perks like: kip loading (which is responsible for wireless play), better homebrew support, free and it's open source.

XCI Loading is basically obsolete (if you aren't using a USB HDD) because NSPs are a better alternative. And there's also a cheat engine for free CFW as well.

Where is it for $15??

Reactions: CWaffles

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
SX is the best clone of Atmosphere + more features.

creport, fatal custom error work on SX but custom kip.

Why not "trilogy" on the same system?

DollyWhipDoll

Royalty & Unbothered. LMFAO!!! ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Atmosphere is the only Switch CFW. There are bundles with additions added to them. Also, use Atmosphere if you don't want delays while others wait to copy it into their package.

Use ReiNX if you want an all in 1. Use Atmosphere with Sigpatches if you want to use your personal games. The XCIs from your cartridges is a none issue as it can be converted with 4nXCI.

Only thing I'd recommend you pay for with your with homebrew is your dongle. Spend no more than $15USD. https://gbatemp.net/threads/the-15-dollar-chinese-dongle-experience.515451/

Last edited by DollyWhipDoll,

Firexploit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Atmosphere=free, load kips, get the newest features before Reinx & Sx os
(For example: 6.2.0 firmware support)

Sx os=Nice ui, xci loading, usb hdd support,
emunand

Reinx=Anime girls, free, sigpatch, load kips

CWaffles

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for all of the answers.

I already have a couple of jigs along with the SX Pro injector. I have a NS Atmosphere injector on the way to me.

I think I may give Atmosphere a try.

Erol

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Atmosphere is a good alternative if you don't want to cough up $30 for SX OS. It also comes with its perks like: kip loading (which is responsible for wireless play), better homebrew support, free and it's open source.

NSPs suck. XCIs are mich more convenient. It takes ages to install NSPs especially large once. Also, you need double the nsp size to install the nsp. In addition it’s sucks to remove them.

With xci it’s just drag and drop, delete etc. super easy.

Essasetic

General Spectator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
NSPs suck. XCIs are mich more convenient. It takes ages to install NSPs especially large once. Also, you need double the nsp size to install the nsp. In addition it’s sucks to remove them.

With xci it’s just drag and drop, delete etc. super easy.
You're forgetting that: NSPs are smaller than XCIs (even trimmed ones), they're quicker and more convenient to access (after the installation period) and it isn't locked to one CFW that costs money.

Also "double the size of the NSP to install it" what? It also doesn't suck to remove them as you can remove them like every other application on the home screen. You're really coming up with bullshit there mate.

@Earth4Heaven Which guide do you recommend??
This guide should get you started with the basics:

There is obviously a lot more to it but it should get you up and running with CFW.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over