Hacking 6.2.0 - Renix, Atmosphere, SX OS which one to use?

bi388

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sxos has extra features but theyre features most people dont need, so its up to you. is being able to load xcis and having emunand worth money? if so, sxos is the only place to get those, if not go with atmosphere. xci loading is kind of a convenience, but since we can convert xci to nsp its not a big deal. its mostly whether you want emunand for going online/brick protection.

Reactions: Essasetic

Erol

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You're forgetting that: NSPs are smaller than XCIs (even trimmed ones), they're quicker and more convenient to access (after the installation period) and it isn't locked to one CFW that costs money.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also "double the size of the NSP to install it" what? It also doesn't suck to remove them as you can remove them like every other application on the home screen. You're really coming up with bullshit there mate.

I have a 400GB microSD LOL try to remove 100 games at once. With xci it’s just select them and remove. With NSP it would take ages

Essasetic

General Spectator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
sxos has extra features but theyre features most people dont need, so its up to you. is being able to load xcis and having emunand worth money? if so, sxos is the only place to get those, if not go with atmosphere. xci loading is kind of a convenience, but since we can convert xci to nsp its not a big deal. its mostly whether you want emunand for going online/brick protection.
EmuNAND is coming to Atmosphere on the 1.0 release. But XCI loading will never happen. So it really depends if you need EmuNAND now or you can wait for it. But yeah if you really want XCI loading. Then use SX OS.

I have a 400GB microSD LOL try to remove 100 games at once. With xci it’s just select them and remove. With NSP it would take ages
And in what scenario will you need to remove 100 games?

JoeBloggs777

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You're forgetting that: NSPs are smaller than XCIs (even trimmed ones), they're quicker and more convenient to access (after the installation period) and it isn't locked to one CFW that costs money.

I would rather have a XCI file than an NSP file, so easy to paste it to your SD card or external HDD and also just as easy to delete. no need to install or remove like NSP files.

how is a NSP file more convenient to access than a XCI file ? you can only use XCI files with SX os and XCI files or NSP files are accessed the same way

I use both XCI files and NSP files and only use NSP files when I have to.

Reactions: fixingmytoys

Essasetic

General Spectator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
how is a NSP file more convenient to access than a XCI file ? you can only use XCI files with SX os and XCI files or NSP files are accessed the same way
Because you don't have to load the UI from the albums button and select the XCI and wait for it to mount before selecting it from the home screen. NSPs can just be selected and it's ready to go.

Reactions: Huntereb
D

Deleted User

+1 for Atmosphere, not missing anything and can always choose to install a xci directly with zerotwoxci if required

Reactions: Huntereb

JoeBloggs777

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Because you don't have to load the UI from the albums button and select the XCI and wait for it to mount before selecting it from the home screen. NSPs can just be selected and it's ready to go.

but that's nothing compared to pain it is to find out what NSP files you've installed and unistalling them. with XCI files i can see what games are on a sd card by just listing the directory and just as easily delete them with NSP files you cannot do it this easily.

+1 for Atmosphere, not missing anything and can always choose to install a xci directly with zerotwoxci if required

XCI loading without converting, emunand, usb loading and a cheat engine.

BlastedGuy9905

where's the updated autopsy report
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NSPs suck. XCIs are mich more convenient. It takes ages to install NSPs especially large once. Also, you need double the nsp size to install the nsp. In addition it’s sucks to remove them.

With xci it’s just drag and drop, delete etc. super easy.
solution: usb install

JoeBloggs777

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
+1 for Atmosphere for: kip loading, better homebrew support, free, open source, the only TRUE CFW and frequent updates.

I and many are not bothered about Kip loading, my kids just want to play games so thats no big deal.
also not bothered about homebrew again my kids just want to play games.

True CFW well SX os works really well and they have frequent updates.

each to their own, if your interested in homebrew and Kip loading then Atmos is probably better, but if you just want to load backups with the best dongle then SX pro is the way to go.

JoeBloggs777

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You aren't understanding what I'm saying. Atmosphere is the only TRUE CFW because it's built everything from the ground up. Reinx is Atmosphere with sig patches. So is SX OS (to an extent).

oh i do understand but that doesn't matter one bit to my kids who want to play SSB.

I bought my SX pro when it was released, people said wait for Atmos and I'm glad I didn't, i would have been waiting months for a Atmos release that could load a backup.

SX might well be a early core version of Atmos but they added features that Atmos still doesn't have.

D

Deleted User

oh i do understand but that doesn't matter one bit to my kids who want to play SSB.

I bought my SX pro when it was released, people said wait for Atmos and I'm glad I didn't, i would have been waiting months for a Atmos release that could load a backup.

SX might well be a early core version of Atmos but they added features that Atmos still doesn't have.
You know the saying slow and steady wins the race?
Well that applies to atmosphere vs SX OS.
Sure SX OS was first to get signpatches, but now, atmosphere is getting everything first. Support for latest firmwares first. Important features first, and often or not builds that properly work with no glaring (breaking) issues, or very few. But when SX OS updates. They break so much crap that they need a update for a update for a update. (think their longest dungoof streak was three updates in a row) And at this point is quite clearly dependent on atmosphere's team to update code.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Atmosphere is the only Switch CFW.

Atmosphere isn't a real CFW, but if you want to call it a CFW then ReiNX and SX OS are CFW too.

There are bundles with additions added to them. Also, use Atmosphere if you don't want delays while others wait to copy it into their package.

Yeah, I switched to Amosphere because of this.

The XCIs from your cartridges is a none issue as it can be converted with 4nXCI.

For you maybe. There are people who like to have 100s of games they will never properly play, but like the idea they can just instantly load them & don't have to go through the hassle of installing and uninstalling them.

It's a pity there isn't any free software that lets you mount XCI. It's the only reason TX are making any money.

mattytrog

You don`t want to listen to anything I say.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
XCI / emuNAND has to be the winner. At least you have a fighting chance of maintaining online ability through OFW that way.

I get NSPs are smaller / faster / more convenient (I mean, fuck me... It`s soooooo difficult to press the album icon and tap on a game you would like to play. Come on!)

If you aren`t totally computer-inept then Atmosphere does get stuff first. Apparently. But using NSPs, expect to be banned. No ifs, no buts, sooner or later, you will forget to delete your wifi, reboot into ofw and its curtains for that nice certificate in your PRODINFO.

Nice simple flow chart of sorts...

Do you have a life?
  • No - Use Atmosphere
  • Yes - Use SXOS
And I say that as a massive "fan?" of both.

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
I and many other people don't need these features. However, I do use LAN play to play with friends, and installing games over USB takes less time than copying them directly to my SD, especially if they're installed to internal memory. Obviously this is faster due to the smaller file size associated with NSPs, USB 3.0, and not having to restart my system in order to take my SD out. Oh, and NSPs load almost 3x faster in-game than XCIs, and almost 4x faster when installed to the internal memory! They also can be launched directly from the home menu without having to be "mounted"!

JoeBloggs777

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You know the saying slow and steady wins the race?
Well that applies to atmosphere vs SX OS.
Sure SX OS was first to get signpatches, but now, atmosphere is getting everything first. Support for latest firmwares first. Important features first, and often or not builds that properly work with no glaring (breaking) issues, or very few. But when SX OS updates. They break so much crap that they need a update for a update for a update. (think their longest dungoof streak was three updates in a row) And at this point is quite clearly dependent on atmosphere's team to update code.

hahaha nice to see you posting again,first with important features like XCI loading, emunand , usb loading and a cheat engine. sure atmos was quick with the 6.2 upgrade and Tx took what 3 wks, but there was no reason to update to 6.2 and even now is there ?

I and many other people don't need these features. However, I do use LAN play to play with friends, and installing games over USB takes less time than copying them directly to my SD, especially if they're installed to internal memory. Obviously this is faster due to the smaller file size associated with NSPs, USB 3.0, and not having to restart my system in order to take my SD out. Oh, and NSPs load almost 3x faster in-game than XCIs, and almost 4x faster when installed to the internal memory! They also can be launched directly from the home menu without having to be "mounted"!

you dont need usb loading?, i wonder how many people on here dont want that ?
have you got a 4tb sd card?, I've got a 4tb external hdd on my dock and when its not docked a 500gb ssd not to mention a 200gb sd card. whats your atmos limited to ?

Reactions: vpd

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
If you aren`t totally computer-inept then Atmosphere does get stuff first. Apparently. But using NSPs, expect to be banned. No ifs, no buts, sooner or later, you will forget to delete your wifi, reboot into ofw and its curtains for that nice certificate in your PRODINFO.
All of the points you made imply that you actually care about supporting Nintendo's shitty excuse for an online service. I really see no reason for caring about this, especially now that LAN play over the internet is a thing. Oh, and Atmosphere is very, very easy to install.

have you got a 4tb sd card?, I've got a 4tb external hdd on my dock and when its not docked a 500gb ssd not to mention a 200gb sd card. whats your atmos limited to ?
I haven't even filled up my 128GB so nah, and I use my console exclusively portable. I do have multiple large capacity SD cards I could swap around if I ever needed more space, though. You seriously carry around your switch with a SSD mounted to the back of it? Lmao, that sounds retarded. Having a SSD and USB cable constantly hanging out of it would degrade the portable experience substantially, and make you and your kids look like idiots.

Reactions: mattytrog

RednaxelaNnamtra

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If you only want homebrew and romhax atmosphere es the savest and easiest cfw (they are also working on emunand support).

If you only want to use your own legaly dumped games and also want to use them online, sxos with creport would be the best cfw, at least until somebody makes an open source xci loader.

If you want to use pirated games stay offline, and use atmosphere with signature patches or sxos, but even in that case it could be saver to use xcis instead of installed games.

Last edited by RednaxelaNnamtra,

JoeBloggs777

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
All of the points you made imply that you actually care about supporting Nintendo's shitty excuse for an online service. I really see no reason for caring about this, especially now that LAN play over the internet is a thing. Oh, and Atmosphere is very, very easy to install.

I haven't even filled up my 128GB so nah, and I use my console exclusively portable. I do have multiple large capacity SD cards I could swap around if I ever needed more space, though. You seriously carry around your switch with a SSD mounted to the back of it? Lmao, that sounds retarded. Having a SSD and USB cable constantly hanging out of it would degrade the portable experience substantially, and make you and your kids look like idiots.

128gb would have been filled up months ago, of course you would use it 'exclusively portable' because you can't put any external storage on yours :D

swapping sd cards is so lame when i can have TB of games on external storage. to be honest the kids have it docked most of the time, but if we're away i can take the SSD and easily copy XCI files on to the SD card or even run them from a SSD.

portable experience why do you play games while your jogging or something ? . I dont think anyone thinks my kids are idiots not when their friends see all the games in the SX menu , i mean 128gb you wouldm't get that many on it but on a 4TB i can get 100s :)

Reactions: vpd

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: no, cod sucks +2