• Replies 381
  • Likes 49

Moon164

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Works flawless!
The same here, but only as an Xbox 360 controller.

When I put it as DualShock 4 the buttons are badly organized, I went to test on the Hidtovpad on my Wii U with Network Client for example and the A button worked as + and the left analog would go up.

But as the Xbox 360 controller worked perfectly without problems, Hidtovpad recognized it as Xinput.
[EDIT]
It worked perfectly on Hidtovpad for Wii U with Network Client.

But I noticed that the analog down is going up, other than that everything is working perfectly, it has a slight input lag at times but it is playable.

Last edited by Moon164,

Eveldee

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't have any game to test the DS4 mode, so I don't know if buttons are mapped correctly.
For the analog part, I inverted it because it was going down instead of up on HTML5GamepadTester.
But you can invert any analog axis in Sticks.yml file if you want, you don't even need to restart the app.

The input lag shouldn't come from the app, it may come from the Wifi connection.

Reactions: Moon164

x149te

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
If could be possible bind L3 and R3 on touch screen (left and right halves and both in center), would be perfect

EmirhanS

Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
hey you are so awesome. thanks for your all effort. all I want is using 3ds for watching Netflix while I'm on kitchen. it works but why image is bottom screen instead of top ? can I change it to top ?

placebo_yue

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
is this new version uploaded useable? or its still being developed? i don't wanna go into hours of trouble to test something that is more of a proof of concept still. don't mean to be rude or insulting i'm just an user eagerly awaiting for an usesable software to drop

Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I'm sorry everyone, I'm really busy, but I'll answer what I can without having access to my laptop.

Thanks for the advices, I've not decided what I will do with the touch input at the moment, I'll check this out when trying to use it.

To be honest, the way I handle disconnecting seems wrong for me, I'll try to do it differently.

Edit: I fixed the racing condition, but I have an issue with the touch input: when I try to map the touch input in TouchEx, it repeats the input instead of staying "pressed", do you have any idea why?

I don't really get what you mean by this. I know the packets are sent repeatedly even when touch is off, but other than that I have no idea what you could've meant.

I managed to connect, but I couldn't add any key to any button for the 3DS, does anyone have a solution?
placeholder_image.svg

placeholder_image.svg

The UI is really confusing.

First you have to add a button in order (like CTRL - ALT - DEL) to "key pressed", then add the reverse (DEL - ALT - CTRL) to "key released" (the "key pressed" thing is actually a clickable dropdown).

If you want rapid fire instead, remove all keys from both "key pressed" and "key released", then add KeyDown for CTRL - S, and KeyUp for S - CTRL in this order to "key held".

Y button doesn't work
Same problem.

Y'all have to save the keyconfig to a file, then open the keyconfig, change both "altk" and "altkey" to 00000000, save the file, reload the keyconfig, and it'll work.

hey you are so awesome. thanks for your all effort. all I want is using 3ds for watching Netflix while I'm on kitchen. it works but why image is bottom screen instead of top ? can I change it to top ?

There is a special build which renders to the top screen, but it's still 4:3 (320x240), and there are more graphical glitches than on the bottom screen.

Do you even use the input feature, or is it just the video streaming? Also old3DS or new3DS? I could do a streaming-only version for a little extra FPS and quality.

is this new version uploaded useable? or its still being developed? i don't wanna go into hours of trouble to test something that is more of a proof of concept still. don't mean to be rude or insulting i'm just an user eagerly awaiting for an usesable software to drop

I'd love to hear feedback from the new version, as I have optimized it and fixed a few bugs after a long time since the release before it.

It is more usable than the previous versions, but didn't have time to do my quality testing, so I released it with warning so that people wouldn't think it's so bad if it contained a new bug introduced by the bugfixes and optimizations.

Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
3DSControllerPlus will be rewritten from scratch to get rid of the issues introduced by legacy code taken from the original 3DSController, and also to make it faster, less bloated, and support other general hardware other than the ones available on the 3DS. This means that if you had a raspi or Arduino with peripherals attached to it, it would work the same (or hopefully better) than if it were a 3DS.

This change is also necessary to get rid of the confusing UI of 3DSCPlusDummy, and replace it with a more generic UI (inspired by @Eveldee) which will allow for a wider selection of mapping, features, and new input methods created from combining existing hardware readings (like creating a Wii Remote -like pointing device out of a gyro and a gravity sensor).

The end goal is encouraging the creation of unique DIY input methods out of existing hardware you already have without having to fork over big money for shoddy proprietary locked-down devices which only work in certain games due to the documentation behing behind a paywall and an NDA.

BETA215

Member not found
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hi Sono, I'm happy to read this news! Started using 3DSController not long ago (just bought a used N3DSXL) and it's quite buggy, I can't seem to get the hang of it. Today I tried your fork, 3DSController Plus, and it keeps pinging until this screen appears:

upload_2020-6-28_17-50-2.png

So I'm glad to hear some news about this, this is one of the main things I would love to use my 3DS for. I mean, it's the only videogamey thing I could buy, so, using it as a joystick would be heaven really!

Good luck man, appreciate your hard work on this lovely console. I'll patiently wait for your next release B-)

Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Hi Sono, I'm happy to read this news! Started using 3DSController not long ago (just bought a used N3DSXL) and it's quite buggy, I can't seem to get the hang of it. Today I tried your fork, 3DSController Plus, and it keeps pinging until this screen appears:

View attachment 215332

So I'm glad to hear some news about this, this is one of the main things I would love to use my 3DS for. I mean, it's the only videogamey thing I could buy, so, using it as a joystick would be heaven really!

Good luck man, appreciate your hard work on this lovely console. I'll patiently wait for your next release B-)

That popup is normal, just make sure to press OK on it before it auto-disconnects. It's just an accidentally leftover debug feature.

As for the joystick thing, I recommend looking at this post if you want to use your 3DS as an Xbox360 controller.

notsa

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Here is the fist release, please report any bug if you find one, and tell me if you see any improvement that could be made.

Edit: looks like I was using an old/bad version of the controller - the one from post #299 works perfectly.

This is super awesome, and works almost flawlessly. However, I'm running into an issue where the circle pad pushed all the way to the right wraps around to the left, which is not ideal. Any idea what could be causing this?

Last edited by notsa,
Reactions: Eveldee and Sono

Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Edit: looks like I was using an old/bad version of the controller - the one from post #299 works perfectly.

This is super awesome, and works almost flawlessly. However, I'm running into an issue where the circle pad pushed all the way to the right wraps around to the left, which is not ideal. Any idea what could be causing this?

Yeah. The reason is super simple: each CPad has their own analog errors, and yours happens to be manufactured in a way that it has more resolution, and just barely enough that an integer overflow happens, so the X position of the CPad becomes too big to store, and it wraps around to being really small. It should be an easy fix (I hope).

Reactions: Eveldee

Eveldee

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Oh, I thought the max value was the same on all circle pad, I'm going to change how it handles the max value, it will be easier if all circle pads have different values

Reactions: Sono

notsa

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nice, thanks for the fix.

@Sono , what's the expected window name for Filestreamer? I can get it to work for the whole desktop, but just using the window name in the windows taskbar doesn't seem to work.

Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Nice, thanks for the fix.

@Sono , what's the expected window name for Filestreamer? I can get it to work for the whole desktop, but just using the window name in the windows taskbar doesn't seem to work.

The window selector is quite complex:
- (optional) the first character is a number between 0 to 9, or optionally *, which selects the main window index
- (optional) an optional character +, instead of capturing the selected window directly, it crops it off of fullscreen mode (useful for some games)
- (optional) the next character can be optionally : to filter by window title, ! to filter by exe, or leave both to search for both
- every character to the next whitespace or quote is the search pattern

Example for osu!: *+!osu

Eveldee

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have updated 3DSCPlusViGEm, it knows support touch screen configuration, you can download it in the Releases section.
I have implemented all the features that I wanted, it can be considered as stable but I wait more feedback before releasing it as stable.

Feel free to tell me or open a new Issue if you find any bug or have a feature request

x149te

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I have updated 3DSCPlusViGEm, it knows support touch screen configuration, you can download it in the Releases section.
I have implemented all the features that I wanted, it can be considered as stable but I wait more feedback before releasing it as stable.

Feel free to tell me or open a new Issue if you find any bug or have a feature request
Everything works perfect. Is there a way to use 3DS gyro?

Reactions: Eveldee

Eveldee

Trophies
XP
Country
France
The 3DS gyro isn't implemented in the homebrew, I don't know if it's possible and I won't be able to anyway, maybe in a future version if Sono still plans to work on this one

Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
The 3DS gyro isn't implemented in the homebrew, I don't know if it's possible and I won't be able to anyway, maybe in a future version if Sono still plans to work on this one

It's kinda complicated and timing-dependent. However it is possible if set to <60Hz. As for accelometer, that is more difficult because the MCU does some weird things to it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-