1. x149te

x149te Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Russia
    Now playing BoTW on emu with 3DS as controller. Everyting fine, but would be perfect with gyro aiming.Sadly that it's near impossible. Even so, project in current state really great! I wish psx retroarch emulator wiil use same L3-R3 buttom emulation on touchscreen

2. Nomagno

Nomagno Newbie
    Newcomer

Spain
    Hello, I am currently trying to get this to work how I want with O3DS and Windows 10. I can stream the screen and use the advanced 'Debug' DummyJoy release just fine, but the auto backlight off kicks in every 2 seconds unless I constantly press Y, making proper content viewing impossible. Is there a way to fix this?

3. BubbleStar

BubbleStar Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I have two monitors so can I stream both monitors on each screen at the same time?
    I'm trying to use my 3DS as a controller for desmume.

4. Sono

OP Sono 3DS cash, rival of nocash
    Developer

Hungary
    Sadly not even the new3DS can process that much video in real time, let alone an old3DS.

5. BubbleStar

BubbleStar Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Well can I at least stream the bottom screen for touch controls?

6. Sono

Developer

Hungary
    Yeah, it streams by default to the bottom screen. There is a special version with top screen support, but it's extremely buggy and glitchy and the video is completely destroyed.

Edit: old3DS can't handle video decoding + streaming. Not only is it underpowered, but video decoding can't be accelerated on the old3DS due to lack of support hardware (so, CPU decoding only). Though even the new3DS is slightly underpowered, because video + touch lags extremely badly.

Last edited by Sono, Dec 1, 2020
  7. jayelbird

jayelbird Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    For some reason, when I try to use this with Eveldee's windows program, it gives me an error 125 unknown packet, and exits. Does anyone know how to fix it?

8. Sono

Developer

Hungary
    There are two editions: there is the one which shows up as "Linux Controller", and the other one is "osu!Controller". The two are incompatible with eachother, as they use different PacketIDs due to the different feature set ("Linux Controller" supports CirclePad and 320x240 touch area sampled at 60Hz, whereas osu!Controller doesn't support the CirclePad, but it supports high-frequency touch scanning at 4096x4096).

Edit: really old versions can't handle that packet, you need a newer version of "Linux Controller".

9. jayelbird

jayelbird Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I've figured it out. I saw that there is a link to a separate set of cia files that weren't on the initial github link I was at. Those sets of files worked great. Thank you.

Last edited by jayelbird, Dec 29, 2020
    Eveldee and Sono like this.
  10. Jk14173

Jk14173 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Hello there, hope you're well, Having an issue saying:

connect fail (line #588): (10061) No connection could be made because the target actively refused it

on the 3ds's end, says Listening on 10.200.140.232:6965, when running in command prompt using the command FIleStreamer + 10.200.140.232 [<insertnamehere>.exe]

Adding the port to the ip address gives malformatted IP address,

resulting HWND is 00071452 but as far as my understanding of comp sci goes thats all but meaningless as far as debugging

Seems to be finding the process just fine

On my end gonna be attempting what I can, firewall seems to be good/not blocking filestreamer.exe

Last edited by Jk14173, Dec 30, 2020
  11. Sono

Developer

Hungary
    Ouch, that IP looks unhealthy... I don't think you're connected to the good WiFi network.

Try this: install ftpd on your 3DS, and try to connect to it with WinSCP (do NOT put a space between "win" and "scp"), and try establishing a connection to the 3DS like that first.

Yeah, you can't specify a port in FileStreamer, and the HWND thing is just for debugging if FileStreamer finds the correct window identifier, or a junk sub-window type.

It sounds like the 3DS doesn't support connecting to that network you're using, because it doesn't query the IP address twice.

fmkid likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - 3DSControllerPlus, streaming, video