• Replies 53,775
  • Likes 43

dotarice

Trophies
XP
Country
Bahrain
@OrGoN3

ok. i will try a different connection and will come back with the results. so far though, using a phone's hotspot, i still get a connection error when trying to system update...

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@OrGoN3

ok. i will try a different connection and will come back with the results. so far though, using a phone's hotspot, i still get a connection error when trying to system update...
The only thing that would block an update on your 3DS is custom DNS, or parental controls. It is possible that the system update downloaded partially and got corrupt, but I think nim would be able to detect that scenario and redownload.

If you feel you are not blocking the updates with your internet connection, then try to update in recovery mode (Press R+L+A+(D-PAD)-UP while booting.). I'm assuming you're on B9S, so this shouldn't affect anything.

EmBlaze

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
First thing that comes to mind is to delete pending titles in FBI and try to update system again.

Personally, I'd still like to have a homebrew that syncs system time to online servers... For when replacing batteries.

dotarice

Trophies
XP
Country
Bahrain
@OrGoN3 @EmBlaze

i have actually tried recovery mode before. it still gives the same error and then it powers off after that. i do not have parental controls enabled.

also, to be more specific, i have indeed removed the connection from the 3ds and added the said connection in the list again.

upon checking fbi, there's at least one pending title in there. even if i do remove it, the error still remains. I am unsure if I am allowed to show the image of this "title" though...

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@OrGoN3 @EmBlaze

i have actually tried recovery mode before. it still gives the same error and then it powers off after that. i do not have parental controls enabled.

also, to be more specific, i have indeed removed the connection from the 3ds and added the said connection in the list again.

upon checking fbi, there's at least one pending title in there. even if i do remove it, the error still remains. I am unsure if I am allowed to show the image of this "title" though...
You have tried recovery mode for this specific issue?

If the update site or the update itself is being blocked by a router, removing the connection and adding it back won't help. But I understand you are telling us this because we asked about custom DNS.

If you delete the title in FBI, and then retry downloading the update, does that title then show up as pending in FBI? How are you attempting to update? From a pop-up or from going into the settings and checking for updates?

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
I'm gonna use r4i gold 3ds plus to install custom firmware in my new nintendo 2ds xl(11.8).

I know that I have to slide the switch to ntrboot mode, and i have a question about it. Whats the usage of original ds mode? there's 2 sides in the switch dsmode/ntrbootmode...

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm gonna use r4i gold 3ds plus to install custom firmware in my new nintendo 2ds xl(11.8).

I know that I have to slide the switch to ntrboot mode, and i have a question about it. Whats the usage of original ds mode? there's 2 sides in the switch dsmode/ntrbootmode...
Original DS mode is using the flashcart to load DS games. ntrbootmode is to install B9S on your device.

Reactions: 40142047

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
How to delete files in fbi? I got my cia game file, installed the game successfully, and when I try to delete the cia file via fbi, it keeps saying failed to delete content...what should I do?

dotarice

Trophies
XP
Country
Bahrain
@OrGoN3

i have indeed used recovery mode. normally the 3ds would install these update files on sleep mode. it has done this before in the past but i refrained from updating until luma3ds was updated.

but i get the same results after removing the pending title. it appears in fbi again.

edit #2: if anyone is wondering, i have a new 3ds xl that is unable to system update. i need some help, please.

Last edited by dotarice,

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@OrGoN3

i have indeed used recovery mode. normally the 3ds would install these update files on sleep mode. it has done this before in the past but i refrained from updating until luma3ds was updated.

but i get the same results after removing the pending title. it appears in fbi again.

edit #2: if anyone is wondering, i have a new 3ds xl that is unable to system update. i need some help, please.
Are you launching the eshop to update? Are you going through the system settings to update?

GerbilSwimmingPool

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm all ready to update my cfw 11.6.0 and luma 9.0 to the latest update of 11.8.0 & Luma3DS 9.1. But I have a few questions. I was told the following.
-Download luma 9.1 update
-Transfer the boot.firm from luma 9.1 to my SD card
-Reinsert the SD card into my 3ds
-Update the 3ds. Through System Settings > Other Settings > go to the right > System Update ???

How do I update the 3ds? Is it the above method? Do I update Luma 3DS 9.1 afterwards? Do I need to follow this guide as well? A9LH to B9S, but I should already be on B9S? Don't I need to update everything else? Like godmode9, HBL, FBI, etc, etc?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I'm all ready to update my cfw 11.6.0 and luma 9.0 to the latest update of 11.8.0 & Luma3DS 9.1. But I have a few questions. I was told the following.
-Download luma 9.1 update
-Transfer the boot.firm from luma 9.1 to my SD card
-Reinsert the SD card into my 3ds
-Update the 3ds. Through System Settings > Other Settings > go to the right > System Update ???

How do I update the 3ds? Is it the above method? Do I update Luma 3DS 9.1 afterwards? Do I need to follow this guide as well? A9LH to B9S, but I should already be on B9S? Don't I need to update everything else? Like godmode9, HBL, FBI, etc, etc?
By copying boot.firm to your SD you will be updated. No need to do anything else. And yes update your console firmware the way you described.

Reactions: GerbilSwimmingPool

EmBlaze

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Luma Updater worked fine last time I checked, yet nobody is recommending it anymore... I mean it even copies boot.firm to CTRNAND for you, don't think many people do that step with manual update.

Reactions: GerbilSwimmingPool

GerbilSwimmingPool

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Quantumcat @EmBlaze Cool. Luma3DS has been updated to 9.1 and I am back on 3DS. I just did SysNAND backup, but I do not have the "essential.exefs" in the gm9/out/ folder. What should I do? I have an old backup of that essential.exefs file from March of this year. Should I place that within the gm9/out/ folder? The guide never mentioned deleting that file. Maybe I did by mistake?
GodMode9 Creating NAND Backup

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Quantumcat @EmBlaze Cool. Luma3DS has been updated to 9.1 and I am back on 3DS. I just did SysNAND backup, but I do not have the "essential.exefs" in the gm9/out/ folder. What should I do? I have an old backup of that essential.exefs file from March of this year. Should I place that within the gm9/out/ folder? The guide never mentioned deleting that file. Maybe I did by mistake?
GodMode9 Creating NAND Backup
I'm assuming you are asking because you are following Plailect's guide and got to the section where it says to copy the essential.exefs file, along with the nand backup and the boot9.bin to your computer, correct? Then make sure your sd card is in your 3ds and load up GodMode9 again (unless it's already loaded up), go to the [S:] SYSNAND VIRTUAL drive, scroll down to essential.exefs is highlighted, press A, scroll down to "Copy to 0:/gm9/out", and press A again. It will say it copied, and to press A once more to continue. You can then proceed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!