• Replies 53,789
  • Likes 43

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know if the old 3DS models are allowed to download New 3DS exclusive titles like "Fire Emblem Warriors" from the Nintendo eShop?

I'm thinking abot picking up a cheap, used old 3DS to make it my [JPN / EUR / KOR / TWN / CHN] multi-regional downloading slave. *

* Looking to amass hard to find game updates since the CDN servers are blocked. May or may not do stuff with said updates.

@TurdPooCharger you can, but frame rate would be like horrible, like 1-5 frames.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/has-any...noblade-chronicles-3d-working-on-o3ds.413502/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=82&v=5MiPDare7vE

Reactions: TurdPooCharger

GerbilSwimmingPool

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How should I go about updating my software? For example, FBI? Can I just update FBI and other software with cia files and launch them through FBI? Is there a guide for this? The following list needs to be updated on my end.

FBI 2.5.3 September 7th, 2018
Anemone3DS May 13th, 2018
Checkpoint 3.4.2 September 3rd, 2018
Homebrew Launcher Wrapper v1.0 July 26th, 2018
HomeBrew Launcher

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How should I go about updating my software? For example, FBI? Can I just update FBI and other software with cia files and launch them through FBI? Is there a guide for this? The following list needs to be updated on my end.

FBI 2.5.3 September 7th, 2018
Anemone3DS May 13th, 2018
Checkpoint 3.4.2 September 3rd, 2018
Homebrew Launcher Wrapper v1.0 July 26th, 2018
HomeBrew Launcher

Just look for newest release if you want that and delete the older one in the 3ds data management section.

Reactions: GerbilSwimmingPool

Valzi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, just want some basic recommendations.

0. Context:I have a 2ds XL and I want to be able to play all 3ds and 2ds games and I want to run emulators.
1. What flashcart should I get? Is r4i gold 3ds still the answer?
2. Where should I buy this? I live in the USA.
3. What should I do to accomplish my goals in 0, above? (Basically, which guide is the best for this?)

Last edited by Valzi,

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, just want some basic recommendations.

0. Context:I have a 2ds XL and I want to be able to play all 3ds and 2ds games and I want to run emulators.
1. What flashcart should I get? Is r4i gold 3ds still the answer?
2. Where should I buy this? I live in the USA.
3. What should I do to accomplish my goals in 0, above? (Basically, which guide is the best for this?)
I hope you realize that the R4i Gold 3DS cannot play 3DS roms. If you are buying it for NTR, then yes, it works. Read https://3ds.hacks.guide/ and follow it. It'll answer all of your questions as well as provide locations to purchase.

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did not know that. I need a different cart then.
No, you need to read the link I linked to. Chances are, you will not be playing roms off a cart, unless you really really want to, in which case you will be spending extra money on unnecessary things.

Valzi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I read the whole thing and didn't find a recommendation for the best flashcart choice. It has a list of them and a table of features for them though. Am I missing something?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I read the whole thing and didn't find a recommendation for the best flashcart choice. It has a list of them and a table of features for them though. Am I missing something?

https://3ds.hacks.guide/ntrboot

Any card on the list works fine to install CFW via NTRBoot method, alternative you can do the $2 Seedminer method.

https://www.nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=575

Some people recommend this, but do remember it is a DS flashcart, it doesn't allow you to run 3DS games off it.

Valzi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://3ds.hacks.guide/ntrboot

Any card on the list works fine to install CFW via NTRBoot method, alternative you can do the $2 Seedminer method.

Aha, I re-read and now understand much better. I can just update to the latest firmware, then do the Seedminer method.

https://www.nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=575

Some people recommend this, but do remember it is a DS flashcart, it doesn't allow you to run 3DS games off it.

But that doesn't matter because I should run them from an SD card instead, right?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aha, I re-read and now understand much better. I can just update to the latest firmware, then do the Seedminer method.

But that doesn't matter because I should run them from an SD card instead, right?

3DS games are installed on SD card if you use Luma3DS CFW, DS games are harder to run on flashcart on higher firmware, you have to look for the kernel for the specific card, as for NDS game you can use DSImenu++ once you have Luma3DS setup, not all NDS games work via DSIMenu++. If you are on 11.3 or lower you can do the Soundhax method, anything above it you need to use NTRBoot, Seedminer, or Hard Mod.

Reactions: Valzi

Valzi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3DS games are installed on SD card if you use Luma3DS CFW, DS games are harder to run on flashcart on higher firmware, you have to look for the kernel for the specific card, as for NDS game you can use DSImenu++ once you have Luma3DS setup, not all NDS games work via DSIMenu++. If you are on 11.3 or lower you can do the Soundhax method, anything above it you need to use NTRBoot, Seedminer, or Hard Mod.
That clarified a lot, thanks. I have a hacked NDS. I suppose I'll use it for whatever ds stuff doesn't work on the 2dsXL.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Oh, I have no use for playing New 3DS titles on an old 3DS.

I just need access to out of regions eShop for game update collection purposes. To maybe do stuff with them.

I'm trying to figure out if eShop prevents one from downloading New 3DS titles on an old 3DS.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, I have no use for playing New 3DS titles on an old 3DS.

I just need access to out of regions eShop for game update collection purposes. To maybe do stuff with them.

I'm trying to figure out if eShop prevents one from downloading New 3DS titles on an old 3DS.

It does prevent you to download it, same thing happen when you try to download it with Freeshop, when Freeshop was working.

Reactions: TurdPooCharger
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It does prevent you to download it, same thing happen when you try to download it with Freeshop, when Freeshop was working.

Drats. :(

How a simple enough technical question turns into a tangent post about choices and complex explanations.

LONG READ BELOW (sorry, no TL;DR)

I have this plan to retrieve updates from the four east Asian regions because they're next to impossible to find since the CDN doomsday. JPN alone has over 150 titles. The other three are probably a handful at most. Then again, (all?) new 3DS exclusive titles are AAA ones with plenty of fan support so maybe it's okay to skip these. :)

The reason for getting an o3DS is that it's not permanently region locked to a single eShop if a NNID isn't tied to it, and you do a System Reformat + region change. The n3DS on the other hand gets stuck with whichever region eShop it first visits with (almost) no way to fix this; only doing a weird form of System Transfer with another matching region n3DS(XL/LL) can undo the eShop block.

If this year's black Friday has the o3DS for sale under $50, I'll snag one at Best Buy with a trade-in gift card been meaning to spend, except I don't want to keep it only for download slaving purposes because that's a waste of potential.

You don't suppose it's too much a dick move to return a 3DS even if it's saran wrapped during handling and reformatted back as close to stock except with the custom firmware kept in place? It's either that or giving it to my nephew who's almost 3 years old, but IMO he's still too young to be playing video games.

Reactions: Hayato213

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Drats. :(

How a simple enough technical question turns into a tangent post about choices and complex explanations.

LONG READ BELOW (sorry, no TL;DR)

I have this plan to retrieve updates from the four east Asian regions because they're next to impossible to find since the CDN doomsday. JPN alone has over 150 titles. The other three are probably a handful at most. Then again, (all?) new 3DS exclusive titles are AAA ones with plenty of fan support so maybe it's okay to skip these. :)

The reason for getting an o3DS is that it's not permanently region locked to a single eShop if a NNID isn't tied to it, and you do a System Reformat + region change. The n3DS on the other hand gets stuck with whichever region eShop it first visits with (almost) no way to fix this; only doing a weird form of System Transfer with another matching region n3DS(XL/LL) can undo the eShop block.

If this year's black Friday has the o3DS for sale under $50, I'll snag one at Best Buy with a trade-in gift card been meaning to spend, except I don't want to keep it only for download slaving purposes because that's a waste of potential.

You don't suppose it's too much a dick move to return a 3DS even if it's saran wrapped during handling and reformatted back as close to stock except with the custom firmware kept in place? It's either that or giving it to my nephew who's almost 3 years old, but IMO he's still too young to be playing video games.

I highly doubt Nintendo would actually do a sale of O3DS brand new sealed for $50 bucks. The black N3DS for thanksgiving was an one time thing since it was for $99, but that was all TN screens.

Three years old is kinda too young to give a 3DS to, my nephew is approaching 5 years old, I wouldn't give him a handheld gaming device because he is too young for it and it is bad for his eyesight.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/5eLWoy0fFkc?si=1vvQ_2zAUlF1ThoD