• Views 4,390,092
  • Replies 53,714
  • Likes 43

GerbilSwimmingPool

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What should I use to connect to NTR CFW for streaming? Wouldn't Snickerstream be better than Kit-Kat as Kit-Kat hasn't been updated for a year. Or is there something else I should consider?

Sorry for the double post. Can I delete this?

Last edited by GerbilSwimmingPool,

GerbilSwimmingPool

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have talked about this before with a few people here. But with the 11.8.0 update, I should be okay to stream with NTR CFW with no cheating without risking a ban? It seems like the only thing that will get you lately if you try to download from Nintendo's CDN servers with illegitimate means with 11.8 or earlier versions, you will get hit with a ban hammer. But I haven't heard about anything regarding streaming with NTR CFW without using any of the cheats with it. Will we fine with 11.8 and streaming?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have talked about this before with a few people here. But with the 11.8.0 update, I should be okay to stream with NTR CFW with no cheating without risking a ban? It seems like the only thing that will get you lately if you try to download from Nintendo's CDN servers with illegitimate means with 11.8 or earlier versions, you will get hit with a ban hammer. But I haven't heard about anything regarding streaming with NTR CFW without using any of the cheats with it. Will we fine with 11.8 and streaming?

Streaming is fine on 11.8, as streaming has nothing to do with eshop and CDN download related stuff. Don't stream on youtube or other streaming services out there if that is what you are planning, you just gonna get copyright claim.

Reactions: GerbilSwimmingPool

GerbilSwimmingPool

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Hayato213 We will get copyright claims because we are using CFW or because it's Nintedo? And that's what they do.

Also, is it safer to install Homebrew Software, 3dsx files instead of installing directly to the console, cia files? For Homebrew software like BootNTR Selector I should totally install with the 3dsx file, right? Can I install games with 3dsx files?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Hayato213 We will get copyright claims because we are using CFW or because it's Nintedo? And that's what they do.

Also, is it safer to install Homebrew Software, 3dsx files instead of installing directly to the console, cia files? For Homebrew software like BootNTR Selector I should totally install with the 3dsx file, right? Can I install games with 3dsx files?

In general when you post video related to Nintendo games , Nintendo wants part of the profit that people make from youtube, check the Nintendo Creators program for more detail if you plan to
stream. Just use cia format since you already have cfw installed, 3dsx version was meant for people with access to basic homebrew launcher not CFW.

Reactions: GerbilSwimmingPool

GerbilSwimmingPool

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ummm... While streaming Pokemon UM with Kit-Kat, the picture is frozen only within UM, but the home menu works as intended. I have tried the debugging menu, but that's not helping. Any tips?

dotarice

Trophies
XP
Country
Bahrain
i'm late.

@OrGoN3 as i explained earlier, this is a b9s luma sysnand. i have been here during the emunand days so i figured i'd know what i am doing in advance.

edit #2: if anyone is wondering, i have a new 3ds xl that is unable to system update. i tried literally everything that had solutions (like removing sd card before updating, using recovery mode, using different connections, and even trying under a different dns as specified). i don't know if a file i have, if i am able to speculate, in the sd card is making it block connections or something. i could try to experiment for myself for a while...

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm late.

@OrGoN3 as i explained earlier, this is a b9s luma sysnand. i have been here during the emunand days so i figured i'd know what i am doing in advance.

edit #2: if anyone is wondering, i have a new 3ds xl that is unable to system update. i tried literally everything that had solutions (like removing sd card before updating, using recovery mode, using different connections, and even trying under a different dns as specified). i don't know if a file i have, if i am able to speculate, in the sd card is making it block connections or something. i could try to experiment for myself for a while...

Tried CTR Transfer?

badcat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi... I've been trying to find this, but I haven't found it yet.

I have a n3DS w/ 11.8. I installed a game CIA and it claims there is an update for it online. Is this safe? Does Nintendo verify the ticket for 3DS game updates now, or just eShop purchases?

If I insert the game cartridge and then update from that menu icon, how is this process different from updating from the CIA icon?

Andiox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I can't launch the GodMode9 by holding Start during boot. I followed the 3ds.hacks guide and everything was working fine, but now it just launchs the regular menu instead of GodMode9. I followed every step.

philipjfry1578

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated to the latest firmware, and I had Luma 9.1. Then I tried to convert my cartridge game to a cia. After I pressed install on FBI it gave me a bus error. When I went to my home screen and tried to play my pirated version of Majora's Mask, it gave me an error in the process thing. I'm fairly new to homebrew, so I go to my Acnl and it crashes as soon as the town leads. Does anyone know what's going on?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated to the latest firmware, and I had Luma 9.1. Then I tried to convert my cartridge game to a cia. After I pressed install on FBI it gave me a bus error. When I went to my home screen and tried to play my pirated version of Majora's Mask, it gave me an error in the process thing. I'm fairly new to homebrew, so I go to my Acnl and it crashes as soon as the town leads. Does anyone know what's going on?

Most likely culprit is that your SD card is fake. Here try this:
Several of the links in Italian can be changed to English in the top=right corner of that website.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

That provided guide is to reduce back and forth guessing on what's wrong with your 3DS. It's suppose to fix general software based custom firmware issues.

My best guess at this moment...
If your SD card is fake or going bad, then no it will not fix that. You would have to replace your card with a real one if it's determined to be bad.

One of the steps you follow through requires using a flash memory checking program that'll revel if your card's faulty or not. Try not to skip steps or go out of order if you want to be thorough in debugging your o3DS.

KHEOPS

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello
I'm leaving for work, yesterday I went shopping ( 3ds, new 3ds etc... Second hand)
What would you recommend I buy? ( hack linker? Boot ntdr? Etc...)
I want a 3ds for the game boy advance emulation,nds,and 3ds ( zelda occarina etc...)
1/ firmware checked?
2/ linker bought? Or do you need the linker?
3 / thank you I didn't follow the 3ds scene
I can catch up, but who can give me a summary? Or synthesis?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hello
I'm leaving for work, yesterday I went shopping ( 3ds, new 3ds etc... Second hand)
What would you recommend I buy? ( hack linker? Boot ntdr? Etc...)
I want a 3ds for the game boy advance emulation,nds,and 3ds ( zelda occarina etc...)
1/ firmware checked?
2/ linker bought? Or do you need the linker?
3 / thank you I didn't follow the 3ds scene
I can catch up, but who can give me a summary? Or synthesis?
If the console is on 11.3 or less you won't need to buy anything. If over you'll need a DS flashcart for ntrboot. See https://3ds.guide

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We just question @AncientBoi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.