• Replies 53,769
  • Likes 43

lelecureuil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
looking for information re: NNID after a system transfer, it says in the Plailect guide that I have to call Nintendo to unlink them (or re-do it one week after which I won't be able to) ; can anyone confirm that I can also do it by email?

Gamwhiz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yo, what entrypoints are there for 11.1.0 as far as getting the homebrew channel running goes? I know you can't downgrade or go Arm9loader or anything, my issue is that

-I have a fully decked-out arm9loaded new 3ds xl that I made from scratch, installed whatever I wanted

-And have an OG 3ds I kept associated with my nnid and didn't transfer (I'd prefer keeping my legit purchases on legit systems), thought I got all I wanted off of it back in the 9.x-10.x days

And now I'm realizing I want to transfer over my streetpass profile before I mod in all the pay minigames to my New XL. Which means I have to run the homebrew channel on the old.

I thought that OOThax would still work, but after updating the hbchannel payloads (using the starter pack) on both systems, specifying old 3ds ver. 11.1.0-34u in the OOTexploit installer in the homebrew channel, swapping the cart out and running it on my old 3ds, it just crashes to home and reboots. Am I fucking something up, or is there another entrypoint I can use seeing as I have an exploitable system set up already?

MysticEspeon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Sorry guys if this is the wrong place and if this is an already answered question but I did not find anything about it, so: I have a legit CIA (ACNL) installed into the sysNAND of my 3DS XL, I installed it with that trick that worked for a while (I think I had the 10.3 FW) using the Homebrew Launcher and the FBI app. No CFW ever touched my 3DS XL. Now: if I want to do a System Transfer from this 3DS XL to my New 3DS, will Animal Crossing be transferred to the New 3DS? Or it won't be recognized as legit CIA and then deleted together with my save data? :unsure:
Thanks in advance!

Posghetti

Un-official ReVeluv Leader
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry guys if this is the wrong place and if this is an already answered question but I did not find anything about it, so: I have a legit CIA (ACNL) installed into the sysNAND of my 3DS XL, I installed it with that trick that worked for a while (I think I had the 10.3 FW) using the Homebrew Launcher and the FBI app. No CFW ever touched my 3DS XL. Now: if I want to do a System Transfer from this 3DS XL to my New 3DS, will Animal Crossing be transferred to the New 3DS? Or it won't be recognized as legit CIA and then deleted together with my save data? :unsure:
Thanks in advance!

I'm pretty sure it won't cross over (I could be wrong tho, but that's my gut feeling)
Are you on the newest fw? If not, you can just downgrade 10.3 to 9.2, install A9LH and make your life better :P

Pyrii

Trophies
XP
Country
Since I updating my O3DS and N3DS past the point of software downgrading I'm looking at doing a hardmod myself, but concrete instructions are strangely hard to find. I want to check the USB3 dongle I have will work. It's a GL3224

614c73d308.jpg

MysticEspeon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm pretty sure it won't cross over (I could be wrong tho, but that's my gut feeling)
Are you on the newest fw? If not, you can just downgrade 10.3 to 9.2, install A9LH and make your life better :P
Unfortunately I'm on the latest firmware on both consoles :( I have a third o3DS with CFW, but I needed this transfer just for using the NFC sensor with the new Animal Crossing update. Thanks anyway for the reply! :)

Reactions: Posghetti

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question for reasons, if I were to restore a stock 9.2.0 nand backup on a currently a9lh'd 3DS, and then restore with one of my a9lh backups later on, would I or would I not have a9lh installed? (Fairly sure I know the answer, but best to be certain.)

Edit: Nvm, realized how simple this question was (and the answer).

Last edited by 8BitWonder,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Is there no way to install DS games to the Home Menu and play them?
No

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Thanks in advance!
As Posghetti said it won't be transferred. The transfer uses Nintendo servers to work out what you're entitled to and make the target console be entitled to the same things. It doesn't go off what the console thinks you're entitled to.

Reactions: MysticEspeon

pher0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi guys been out of the loop for a while and wana get my 3ds ready for pokemon so might aswell get everything updated now at the moment im running a new 3ds xl with a gateway sysnand on 9.0.0-20e
originally i booted gateway from cubic ninja then i added something else to boot from a website to the homebrew menu (browserhax) then into gateway from there just wondering what the best stuff to install atm would like to install a cfw so i could play some of the gba games so i just need a list of what software to get and in which order to install. and is gateway rom patcher still viable?

hyprskllz

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
hi guys been out of the loop for a while and wana get my 3ds ready for pokemon so might aswell get everything updated now at the moment im running a new 3ds xl with a gateway sysnand on 9.0.0-20e
originally i booted gateway from cubic ninja then i added something else to boot from a website to the homebrew menu (browserhax) then into gateway from there just wondering what the best stuff to install atm would like to install a cfw so i could play some of the gba games so i just need a list of what software to get and in which order to install. and is gateway rom patcher still viable?
https://plailect.github.io/Guide/
This will guide you to get CFW.
http://gbatemp.net/threads/faq-what-cfw-is-best-for-me.428509/
This thread will explain to you what CFW is the best for your needs.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/wip-freeshop-open-source-eshop-clone.426573/
This is the homebrew you need to download games straight from your 3DS, though you need enctitlekeys.bin, which is not included, and you need to find it on your own.
The rest of the apps you want to have is included in the first link.

soulkyo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, a friend of mine sent me this photo of his old 3ds firmware:
xARmZX5.jpg
Correct if I'm wrong but in his case he should just follow the guide from this section:
https://plailect.github.io/Guide/installing-arm9loaderhax

Am I right? Should he check for something else before doing that? Is a NAND dump possible?
Thanks, I don't want to make my friend to brick or damage his console :(

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hi, a friend of mine sent me this photo of his old 3ds firmware:
xARmZX5.jpg
Correct if I'm wrong but in his case he should just follow the guide from this section:
https://plailect.github.io/Guide/installing-arm9loaderhax

Am I right? Should he check for something else before doing that? Is a NAND dump possible?
Thanks, I don't want to make my friend to brick or damage his console :(
Yes. If you go to the "Get Started" section you will see it points you to this section.

flametorrent

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello GBATempers. My thread got buried. I figured out that my issue (black screen) happens right after I copy over the correct public.sav and try to boot my game (Zelda 4swords). Any advice? should I just use a different dsi game? Thank you.

soulkyo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. If you go to the "Get Started" section you will see it points you to this section.
Thanks for the answer. And will he need to do a 9.2 CTR Transfer to update the system? Since he starts in 2.1 already I guess the dump is 2.1 too, right? Or will he be able to system update from 2.1? Thanks!

2xlogic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I am currently working on installing Arm9loaderhax and Luma CFW, I accidentally did the health and safety dump before restoring my nandmin.nin and updating. After updating, starting hourglass9, and then trying to dump and inject health and safety, they both fail with the error APP0 not found or fragmented! Please help, thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Dem 🥜 s +1