Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Okay I have all the bare essentials as you said. It boots into both luma and hourglass. So I am good to update and shouldn't have to worry about losing anything now because I can always boot into hourglass correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep you're free to update.

darkziosj

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
So i finished the Plailect tutorial :wacko:, and i have a few more questions, entering the eshop still deletes the dlc and theme cias? also what's the risk of using cias to play online? thanks.

StormEye

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Post pics of your SD card contents just in case something is amiss there.

AB967563-EC13-4AF0-8CF5-0280B44A0298.jpg~original

6D5A0210-3C60-4939-BC93-1427D7AA5174.jpg~original

2B814A93-A7C5-4AB8-9868-101698467E98.jpg~original

ED500132-FBFC-441C-8864-B79533D3E1F7.jpg~original

9C5D35CD-D95D-4D1E-88C8-3A1C7505CE63.jpg~original

Chif

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Yes, but I don't think his will be able to be returned to him without yours going too (all NNIDs move with a system transfer whether logged in it not). The solution, if he wants his back, is probably to ring up Nintendo.

So if I use a disposable NNID, first format both 3ds systems, on the hacked one I add the disposable NNID and buy Fieldrunners there, then perform the system transfer, after it's done I format both systems again and now add the original NNID's. Would this work?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
So if I use a disposable NNID, first format both 3ds systems, on the hacked one I add the disposable NNID and buy Fieldrunners there, then perform the system transfer, after it's done I format both systems again and now add the original NNID's. Would this work?
I'm not 100% sure, but I think every NNID that is linked to the source system will be linked to the target system after the transfer. So using a dummy NNID doesn't stop your original one from moving too.

Chif

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'm not 100% sure, but I think every NNID that is linked to the source system will be linked to the target system after the transfer. So using a dummy NNID doesn't stop your original one from moving too.

Well that's no problem I think, I just want to be sure that after formating the system I will be able to change the current NNID.

I think the NNID currently linked on the hacked system is from the former owner and I don't know if he has the password or wants to keep it for any reason. So as far as I understood this NNID will be transfered to my system and this will make mine release, so I could just link it again? It would be, at the end, the same system.

Sorry if I'm making this bigger than it is supposed to be, I don't wish to lose my NNID or have to be messing with calling nintendo.

Phantom1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Hello there, Going to as some noob question here. I have a N3DS Jpn in 11.0.0-33J firmware and I want to use menuhax homebrew.

1. I downloaded some starter pack thing from youtuber. Inside got 3ds folder an a boot.3dsx file.
2. I put those 2 file in my sd root.
3. I change the theme in my N3DS in order to get the theme save. as per instruct at the youtube video.
4. I go to the browser and key in http://yls8.mtheall.com/skater31hax.php to install the menuhax.

Step 4 is where my problem lies. instead of the color screen as per the video I got push out from the browser and back to the home menu. Before that I got this as an error.

14459070_10153998335053262_745097401_n_zpser7hufbe.jpg

Please Help.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Well that's no problem I think, I just want to be sure that after formating the system I will be able to change the current NNID.

I think the NNID currently linked on the hacked system is from the former owner and I don't know if he has the password or wants to keep it for any reason. So as far as I understood this NNID will be transfered to my system and this will make mine release, so I could just link it again? It would be, at the end, the same system.

Sorry if I'm making this bigger than it is supposed to be, I don't wish to lose my NNID or have to be messing with calling nintendo.
After formatting, you can only sign in with NNIDs that are linked to that system, or make a new one. If an NNID is linked to another system, you can't sign in with it.

Yep, so you can 1) format your system (your NNID is still linked to it, but not signed in) 2) transfer the other guy's NNID onto yours (you will need the password - you have to log in before transferring), then 3) format (so signing out of the other guy's NNID) and sign back in with your NNID. If you want the other guy's games back you can sign back into his NNID whenever you like

edit: If you don't know the password, then format his console first and buy the game with no NNID.

Last edited by Quantumcat,

Chif

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
After formatting, you can only sign in with NNIDs that are linked to that system, or make a new one. If an NNID is linked to another system, you can't sign in with it.

Yep, so you can 1) format your system (your NNID is still linked to it, but not signed in) 2) transfer the other guy's NNID onto yours (you will need the password - you have to log in before transferring), then 3) format (so signing out of the other guy's NNID) and sign back in with your NNID. If you want the other guy's games back you can sign back into his NNID whenever you like

edit: If you don't know the password, then format his console first and buy the game with no NNID.

Perfect! thanks a lot for your patience.

Last questions:
  • I have access to Hombrew now on my system running 11.1 with steelhax, but I'm not able to create a save backup so I won't lose my progress on my games. is there a way to make it and I'm just not finding it? I always get a yellow screen freeze when using JKSM on Omega Ruby.
  • I found this guy's videos on YT about the procedure, you think they're good to be followed? Link.

PD. all my games are on cartridge so I don't know if that's enough and don't need to back up.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Perfect! thanks a lot for your patience.

Last questions:
  • I have access to Hombrew now on my system running 11.1 with steelhax, but I'm not able to create a save backup so I won't lose my progress on my games. is there a way to make it and I'm just not finding it? I always get a yellow screen freeze when using JKSM on Omega Ruby.
  • I found this guy's videos on YT about the procedure, you think they're good to be followed? Link.

PD. all my games are on cartridge so I don't know if that's enough and don't need to back up.
Only some games store their saves on the cartridge, like Pokémon and Animal Crossing. Your others might be lost if you can't back them up. You'll definitely want to make sure you can access JKSM and backup your saves before you format. Try the basehax thread or hope someone here can help you!

I don't know about the YouTube video (I'm on mobile data so not going to open it) but if you find something that works by all means go for it (but listen to your instincts - if something sounds dangerous then get another opinion before following a YouTube guide).

Chif

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Only some games store their saves on the cartridge, like Pokémon and Animal Crossing. Your others might be lost if you can't back them up. You'll definitely want to make sure you can access JKSM and backup your saves before you format. Try the basehax thread or hope someone here can help you!

I don't know about the YouTube video (I'm on mobile data so not going to open it) but if you find something that works by all means go for it (but listen to your instincts - if something sounds dangerous then get another opinion before following a YouTube guide).

Thanks for that info.

Well I think I'm ready to go once I backup.

Reactions: Quantumcat

mwahaha

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
So, I want to use R4 flashcart to play ds game in 3ds. My 3ds currently using Luma cfw with sysnand 11. Is there any additional tool needed to play nds game or I can plug the r4 and play the games right away?

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I want to use R4 flashcart to play ds game in 3ds. My 3ds currently using Luma cfw with sysnand 11. Is there any additional tool needed to play nds game or I can plug the r4 and play the games right away?

If you're using the latest version of Luma3DS, I would recommend just plugging the R4 in and seeing if it works. It should.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Was a dark time