• Views 4,475,678
  • Replies 53,777
  • Likes 43

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh ok last & final question I forgot to ask from you! if I update through that tutorial up there will it change my original software or will it just update?
sysnand is updated to 9.2.0-20. DS Profile won't work anymore since system settings was updated, but you can use browserhax to set up menuhax, then boot into Luma3DS or Gateway from there.

sickshot

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello,

i have o3ds with FW 5.1.0-11e I have ordered gateway cart. so is this firmware version to run current gateway cart? or do I need to update to certain version of official FW? if so, then how?
is there any clear guide for my firmware version?

trainer16451

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.pinterest.com
XP
Country
United States
Hey all! I'm looking for some advice. I have an o3Ds' (version 10.5 running menuhax and ninjhax) with a ton of paid games from the e-shop. I want to transfer all of my saves and games to a 6.3 o3ds running gateway emunand 11.0, but I'm not sure what the best way to go about that is. From what I've read so far my best options are,

A: Call Nintendo and have them transfer the nnid to the 6.3's sysnand, redownload games, and (hopefully) find a way to copy the saves from the cia's
or
B: Update the 10.5 to 11.0 and then system transfer to the gateway emunand.

What would work best? are there better options avalible?

My main worry is that if something ever happens to my emunand I will lose my nnid.

Anyone successfully done something like this before?

Wolfy

Person That Never Was
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm currently using Plailect's guide on getting the OTP, I'm on Section II Part 15.

I've had a similar problem doing this a while ago, which I screwed around with bricked my N3DS, I've done the steps correctly(to my knowledge anyway).

I have the "Validation Stage 1: FAILED" and "Validation Stage 2: FAILED" error.

Any ideas?

4th Bump -_-

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all! I'm looking for some advice. I have an o3Ds' (version 10.5 running menuhax and ninjhax) with a ton of paid games from the e-shop. I want to transfer all of my saves and games to a 6.3 o3ds running gateway emunand 11.0, but I'm not sure what the best way to go about that is. From what I've read so far my best options are,

A: Call Nintendo and have them transfer the nnid to the 6.3's sysnand, redownload games, and (hopefully) find a way to copy the saves from the cia's
or
B: Update the 10.5 to 11.0 and then system transfer to the gateway emunand.

What would work best? are there better options avalible?

My main worry is that if something ever happens to my emunand I will lose my nnid.
Use JK's Save Manager to backup and transfer your saves to your other system.
Link: https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-jks-savemanager-homebrew-cia-save-manager.413143/

As for NNID, without updating, you'd have to call Nintendo.

I would then downgrade the 10.5 system using Plailect's guide.
Link: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Make sure to do a system format prior to downgrading to avoid this issue:
Link: https://github.com/Plailect/PlaiSysUpdater/issues/8#issuecomment-218588857

Then that's about it I guess.

I'm currently using Plailect's guide on getting the OTP, I'm on Section II Part 15.

I've had a similar problem doing this a while ago, which I screwed around with bricked my N3DS, I've done the steps correctly(to my knowledge anyway).

I have the "Validation Stage 1: FAILED" and "Validation Stage 2: FAILED" error.

Any ideas?
Have you tried using the Troubleshooting portion of Plailect's guide?
Link: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Troubleshooting#ts_otphelper_verify_fail

It would probably help if you did do that, and if still having that issue to detail how and what you did.

Reactions: trainer16451

hudhair

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on part 5 of the A9LH guide. Step 1 say to move SecureInfo_A_emergency, movable_emergency.sed, title_emergency.db, andticket_emergency.db, from the root of my sd card to a safe location. I dont have those things in my sd card. Any ideas?

trainer16451

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.pinterest.com
XP
Country
United States
Use JK's Save Manager to backup and transfer your saves to your other system.
Link: https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-jks-savemanager-homebrew-cia-save-manager.413143/

As for NNID, without updating, you'd have to call Nintendo.

I would then downgrade the 10.5 system using Plailect's guide.
Link: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Make sure to do a system format prior to downgrading to avoid this issue:
Link: https://github.com/Plailect/PlaiSysUpdater/issues/8#issuecomment-218588857

Awesome, thanks for the links Temptress! ^-^

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on part 5 of the A9LH guide. Step 1 say to move SecureInfo_A_emergency, movable_emergency.sed, title_emergency.db, andticket_emergency.db, from the root of my sd card to a safe location. I dont have those things in my sd card. Any ideas?
That's new. OTPHelper v0.88 now dumps those files. I guess you used an earlier version of OTPHelper.

Btw, that new version of OTPHelper was released 8 hours ago, and the guide was updated like an hour ago.

Link: https://github.com/d0k3/OTPHelper/releases/

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've already updated back to 9.2. what now?
Wouldn't worry too much about it, previous revisions of the guide didn't have that. Like the step says, "they do not replace NAND backups, but in the event of lost backups could save you from total data loss (after further research and development is completed)"

Just keep your NAND backup safe. Which you should be doing anyways.

Reactions: hudhair

Wolfy

Person That Never Was
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried using the Troubleshooting portion of Plailect's guide?
Link: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Troubleshooting#ts_otphelper_verify_fail

It would probably help if you did do that, and if still having that issue to detail how and what you did.

I haven't tried it since I bricked my 3DS trying to do the fix last time, probably because it says to clone the bricked RedNAND to SysNAND, though I'm thinking I should've restored it to EmuNAND_formatted before following it?

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't tried it since I bricked my 3DS trying to do the fix last time, probably because it says to clone the bricked RedNAND to SysNAND, though I'm thinking I should've restored it to EmuNAND_formatted before following it?
You could try restoring EmuNAND_formaatted.bin to your RedNAND and trying the downgrade to 2.1 again.

clock

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If I make a backup before doing Plailect's guide to region change sysnand, can I restore my original nand back to original later? I just want to try it out. I will have my console hardmod soon if need.

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I make a backup before doing Plailect's guide to region change sysnand, can I restore my original nand back to original later? I just want to try it out. I will have my console hardmod soon if need.
You need to complete the whole guide before you can region change. So you should have valid sysNAND backups once you get to the Region Change part of the guide.

Note that on N3DS systems, you still won't have access to the eshop, if that's what you were trying to do.

Reactions: clock

clock

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You need to complete the whole guide before you can region change. So you should have valid sysNAND backups once you get to the Region Change part of the guide.

Note that on N3DS systems, you still won't have access to the eshop, if that's what you were trying to do.

Ah yes of course I would do the a9lh guide first then do the region change guide after. And I'm planing to do it on my 2ds. I read at the end that O3DS can access eshop if follow what written, can it be done with 2DS?

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah yes of course I would do the a9lh guide first then do the region change guide after. And I'm planing to do it on my 2ds. I read at the end that O3DS can access eshop if follow what written, can it be done with 2DS?
Yeah, it should work with the 2DS, since it's almost the same as the o3DS. Just be sure to delete your eshop account prior to beginning the region change guide.

Reactions: clock

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu