• Views 4,474,706
  • Replies 53,776
  • Likes 43

fireguy85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone point me to where I can learn how to transfer save files (3ds cartridge to .cia)?

I want to copy/move my save file of Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright (3ds cartridge on non-CFW n3ds) to my CFW n3ds with Fire Emblem Fates: Special Edition. I have Powersaves Pro if that will help (the auto-save backup feature)

Many thanks and sorry if this was already answered!

Get this save manager:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-jks-savemanager-homebrew-cia-save-manager.413143/

After installing the .cia open it and select cartridge. Export your save. Then select SD/CIA and import that same save. I did this with OoT so I can keep my saves and still use OoThax on other consoles.

Reactions: exangel

TempAccount01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
General questions

I've got homebrew channel running on my New! Ninrendo 3DS Current FW 10.5.0-30U

1. How do I install custom firmware or does having homebrew channel mean I have it installed?

2. Is it possible for me to downgrade, if so what are the benefits?

3. As of now the month of April is there any other way aside from R4 cards to play 3DS ROMS?

4. Are there any other working/reliable emulators out for the 3DS?

5. Aside from custom themes, is there anything else I can use to customize my 3DS?

Many thanks for any responses.

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
General questions

I've got homebrew channel running on my New! Ninrendo 3DS Current FW 10.5.0-30U

1. How do I install custom firmware or does having homebrew channel mean I have it installed?

2. Is it possible for me to downgrade, if so what are the benefits?

3. As of now the month of April is there any other way aside from R4 cards to play 3DS ROMS?

4. Are there any other working/reliable emulators out for the 3DS?

5. Aside from custom themes, is there anything else I can use to customize my 3DS?

Many thanks for any responses.

1. If you are talking about homebrew apps, just download the homebrew you want and drop it on your SD card in a place as follows:
/3ds/nameofthehomebrew/nameofthehomebrew.3dsx.
For example, if you want to "install" an app called "hithere", that app should have at least a .3dsx file and that file should go in
/3ds/hithere/hithere.3dsx

Custom firmware (CFW) is a different thing though. You need to downgrade your system to 9.2 to be able to install it.

2. When you are using a CFW, you're using a more favorable environment... it's the same as the standard 3ds, but with some patches that let you, for example, install any kind of games and/or play them in spite of the game and 3ds' region mismatch (In standard systems, you cannot play with a USA cartridge on a EUR 3ds). To use a CFW, you need to be on 4.X to 9.2

3. AFAIK, there are only two flashcards that you can use to run 3ds games (sky3ds and gateway).
You can use R4 only to play DS games on your 3ds.

4. Most of the homebrew emulators run just fine on new 3ds.
Retroarch is the most famous I think.

5. You can make your own fully customizeds themes.
Also, there's a homebrew called "GYTB" that let you make your own Badges (these kind-of stickers you earn on that game called Badge Arcade)

icano194

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey guys, so i have successfully downgraded my NEW3DS.

What should be my next steps?

Which CFW is the best for the n3ds and also easy to install (since i'm a noob)

HotRod11686

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello Everyone - Thank you for this newb thread

Ok so I totally forgot I had a Old 3ds still in box unopened for the last 3+yrs since I was waiting for it to be totally haxxed and thankfully it was fully and I appreciate the work of all you DEVs which made this happen.

Ok so I want to be able to use CFW on this bad boy and i am currently on FW 1.1.0-0U - OLD SCHOOL

Can someone point me in the right direction of what do I need to do in the proper order so as to not brick my poor device. I know I need 9.2 firmware to properly use the emunand - I've read up on this and found the mega cia site which has the -- SA : 9.2.0-20U (Full) md5: 879F437D7C78F09AE565F79F5AA9C421 -- File is this the OFW for the console? If so then I have already DL'd it - how to proceed to the next steps?

I appreciate your help guys and sorry for my newbiness :)

Thanks again!

Just Passing By

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello Everyone - Thank you for this newb thread

Ok so I totally forgot I had a Old 3ds still in box unopened for the last 3+yrs since I was waiting for it to be totally haxxed and thankfully it was fully and I appreciate the work of all you DEVs which made this happen.

Ok so I want to be able to use CFW on this bad boy and i am currently on FW 1.1.0-0U - OLD SCHOOL

Can someone point me in the right direction of what do I need to do in the proper order so as to not brick my poor device. I know I need 9.2 firmware to properly use the emunand - I've read up on this and found the mega cia site which has the -- SA : 9.2.0-20U (Full) md5: 879F437D7C78F09AE565F79F5AA9C421 -- File is this the OFW for the console? If so then I have already DL'd it - how to proceed to the next steps?

I appreciate your help guys and sorry for my newbiness :)

Thanks again!
Use this tutorial to downgrade:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/simple-guide-to-downgrading-your-3ds.407888/

Use this guide to install cfw:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-installing-rxtools-custom-firmware-3ds-and-2ds.390867/

HotRod11686

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so your saying to run the OTA Update on the 3ds to install to latest sysnand firmware? I am running the 1.1.0 sysnand right now - is there any way to manually update to the 9.2? that I downloaded from the mega cia dump site?

Just Passing By

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so your saying to run the OTA Update on the 3ds to install to latest sysnand firmware? I am running the 1.1.0 sysnand right now - is there any way to manually update to the 9.2? that I downloaded from the mega cia dump site?
Look at the tutorial for downgrading, but basically, you're overwritting the current titles for 10.1 to the titles for 9.2. And to do that, you need the downgrade pack which you have. And most of it is automated by the sysupdater (and its forks) to downgrade for you. All you have to do is run it. You can't do it manually.

HotRod11686

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Look at the tutorial for downgrading, but basically, you're overwritting the current titles for 10.1 to the titles for 9.2. And to do that, you need the downgrade pack which you have. And most of it is automated by the sysupdater (and its forks) to downgrade for you. All you have to do is run it. You can't do it manually.

I get what you mean but im currently on the oldest possible sysnand - is the latest O3DS original sysnand update a version that can't be downgraded? Afraid to upgrade due to it being a firmware that can't be downgraded

Just Passing By

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get what you mean but im currently on the oldest possible sysnand - is the latest O3DS original sysnand update a version that can't be downgraded? Afraid to upgrade due to it being a firmware that can't be downgraded
What do you mean "oldest possible sysnand"? 10.1 isn't super old. All versions can be downgraded, so 10.7 (the latest) still can be, however, unless you have a way to get into homebrew from there (Oot+Powersaves or Cubic Ninja), don't update.

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
What do you mean "oldest possible sysnand"? 10.1 isn't super old. All versions can be downgraded, so 10.7 (the latest) still can be, however, unless you have a way to get into homebrew from there (Oot+Powersaves or Cubic Ninja), don't update.
I think he has 1.1, not 10.1

iepuras

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
how I am supposed to remove CFW when the 3DS relies on the SD-card to boot up? I tried researching how to uninstall emuNAND, and a lot of sites suggested formatting the card, but how am I then later supposed to boot up the 3DS? :shy: haha, I hope I make sense. I was hoping it would be that easy that I could just update the firmware or something in order to make it go away

Just Passing By

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how I am supposed to remove CFW when the 3DS relies on the SD-card to boot up? I tried researching how to uninstall emuNAND, and a lot of sites suggested formatting the card, but how am I then later supposed to boot up the 3DS? :shy: haha, I hope I make sense. I was hoping it would be that easy that I could just update the firmware or something in order to make it go away
Do you have a9lh? That's the only time when you'd have to worry about that.

Just Passing By

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am using aureinand. I just hope I am able to fix it
Ok good. Aureinand I know. If you're using the latest version, there should be a config file in your Aurei folder that's in your sd card. Delete it. Then reboot your 3ds and tou should be back in the "settings" menu for Aureinand. Click the first choice and whatever else you want. Now it should boot into sysnand by default.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

And btw, your 3ds doesn't depend on emunand to boot up. I think that's where your confusion is. It just requires your sd card with a cfw on it.

iepuras

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Ok good. Aureinand I know. If you're using the latest version, there should be a config file in your Aurei folder that's in your sd card. Delete it. Then reboot your 3ds and tou should be back in the "settings" menu for Aureinand. Click the first choice and whatever else you want. Now it should boot into sysnand by default.
Hmm, I did that earlier. it does not boot into CFW anymore, but I am not able to boot up without the SD-card and therefore I am not sure how I am ever going to be able to remove the emunand partion and be "free" of CFW.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

could I just reset to factory settings in sysnNAND or something?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok thanks, I love my X but have not messed with a S yet.