omega9380

Trophies
Website
www.omeganetsystems.info
XP
Country
United States
Question about 3DS save game files

I just got myself a New 3DS. After some extensive perusing of the GBATemp Wiki, I decided to get a Sky3DS+. Now, being the impatient person I am, I went ahead and borrowed my friends extra N3DS to play A Link Between Worlds (eShop version) while I waited for Fedex. I have now received my Sky3DS+ and would like to return my friends 3DS to him (his sister is rather annoying). Here is my question. How do I go about moving the savegame from my friends 3DS SD card to my Sky3DS+. I tried simply copying the .SAV file from his SD card, but that was a bust. I am assuming the boys at Nintendo decided to encrypt the save files on the 3DS SD card. Is there a way to convert the file to a format that the Sky3DS can read? Or will I be replaying ALBW from scratch?

Last edited by omega9380,

Conn0r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no, it's not formatted partition ...if it's unallocated...i won't do that...anyway my microsd use to setup is 4GB, before i format and merge unallocation, it only have 2.3GB, i copy emunand_original.bin (1.9GB) only 300MB+ left... how i can continue ?
Get an actually relevant SD card.

warriosbest

Trophies
XP
Country
Get an actually relevant SD card.
MicroSD 4GB cause problems from section 4 part 4.....so we just need restore sysnand_original.bin (after restored - delete it) then backup all stuff on microsd - use 3ds multi nand to format and open emunand_original.bin to write (because once you finish step restore sysnand - you dont have space to restore emunand (error 80% file too small) :)

Conn0r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MicroSD 4GB cause problems from section 4 part 4.....so we just need restore sysnand_original.bin (after restored - delete it) then backup all stuff on microsd - use 3ds multi nand to format and open emunand_original.bin to write (because once you finish step restore sysnand - you dont have space to restore emunand (error 80% file too small) :)
Good thing helpful people exist.

warriosbest

Trophies
XP
Country
Good thing helpful people exist.
:)

so after Launch the homebrew launcher from the home menu icon at least once to download the payload
and
" If everything has gone according to plan, arm9loaderhax will be installed to your device, your EmuNAND will have been copied to your SysNAND, you will no longer need EmuNAND, you will have a CIA installer, and you'll be able to launch the Homebrew Launcher from an icon on your home menu. Your device will now automatically launch into CFW SysNAND. "

i'm done ?

Just Passing By

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
:)

so after Launch the homebrew launcher from the home menu icon at least once to download the payload
and
" If everything has gone according to plan, arm9loaderhax will be installed to your device, your EmuNAND will have been copied to your SysNAND, you will no longer need EmuNAND, you will have a CIA installer, and you'll be able to launch the Homebrew Launcher from an icon on your home menu. Your device will now automatically launch into CFW SysNAND. "

i'm done ?
Yes. You're basically done.

darkworldz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal

Just Passing By

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all noob here
I have an o3ds fw9.2.0.20U running the 120316 rxtools nightly loading from menuhax.
following this guide here https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-installing-rxtools-custom-firmware-3ds-and-2ds.390867/

I read about this cfw aureinand and arm9 loader hax entrypoint.
Does any1 recommend changing over to it? Can i stay on rxtools??
Is there a guide on how to switch over?
Yeah here's a guide:
https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

Start from step 3 "getting the otp".

IggorAsk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bolivia
Hello. I must say: English - not my native language, so I apologize. I have USA-region o3ds with A9LH, CakesFW in sysnand and firmware version 10.5. I use the FreemMultyPatcher to run games of the European region. In my console as the system language English is selected. Is there any way to run the game on one of the European region of the European languages (other than English, of course)? I mean those games in which there is no language selection menu, and the selection is done automatically based on system settings.

octopus

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
My setup:
O3DS with Gateway via 4.X MSET + 10.x GW emuNAND.

I’d like to prepare the system to use a9lhax, what would be the best way to go without losing the state of my current emuNAND? I’ve tried to downgrade the emuNAND to 9.2 using PlaiSysUpdater, which was successful but resulted in a black screen, so I had to restore my emuNAND. What I’m concerned about the most is NNID.

LuigiXL

Trophies
XP
Country
A9LH N3ds install... all gone well until:

Copying EmuNAND data to SysNAND
Make sure you have restored EmuNAND from emuNAND_original.bin before doing this

1. Go to "EmuNAND Options" then "Partition Dump...
"SD is not formatted for EmuNand" (and thus failed)
Also in the main menu it shows the SD size " & no emunand"
I did follow the guide and restored emunand (and sysnand)..

Any advice? thanks!

iepuras

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I have a few other questions - and I might sound silly/dumb - but I am really paranoid about what I can and cannot do while running CFW. is it safe to link a NNID? can Nintendo see that I am running CFW? could I download a game update from the 3DS or do I need to inject it through FBI? thanks in advance :shy:

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a few other questions - and I might sound silly/dumb - but I am really paranoid about what I can and cannot do while running CFW. is it safe to link a NNID? can Nintendo see that I am running CFW? could I download a game update from the 3DS or do I need to inject it through FBI? thanks in advance :shy:
Yes, it's safe to link your NNID.
I'm not sure if this only happens with DLCs, but I think you need to install the game with the update already merged or install the update with BigBlueMenu or DevMenu (I think FBI does not work very well with this kind of cia).

Last edited by Arubaro,

iepuras

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Yes, it's safe to link your NNID.
And I think you need to install the game with the update already merged or install the update with BigBlueMenu or DevMenu (I think FBI does not work very well with this kind of cia)
I see. I don't have those installed, but I'll look into it. that means that I can keep the WiFi on generally, but keep out of online play in regards to banning? does adding people through friend codes pose any risk?

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
I see. I don't have those installed, but I'll look into it. that means that I can keep the WiFi on generally, but keep out of online play in regards to banning? does adding people through friend codes pose any risk?
It's safe to play online using cias and add friends, there have never been a report at least until now.
Try updating your game through eshop, and if it fails on 99%, you'll need to install the updates as cias.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: im fucking motivated