• Start date
  • Views 4,516,001
  • Replies 53,796
  • Likes 43

LuigiXL

Trophies
XP
Country
Can i close the lid and put the 3DS to sleep whilst .cia's are installing via DevMenu/FBI? The numbers seem to go up but does it corrupt the install?

thedude28

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can i close the lid and put the 3DS to sleep whilst .cia's are installing via DevMenu/FBI? The numbers seem to go up but does it corrupt the install?

Nope, all you'll do is pause the installation. No corruption or anything. So don't close your 3DS

Trace_hunter

Trophies
XP
Country
I've just dumped my buddies copy of Hyrule Warriors legends and updated my Gateway card with the latest firmware, the game boots but then says an error has occurred and restarts. Any ideas?

Edit, working now, just had to update the emunand. Is it safe to install that network update?
(oh god that framerate...)

Last edited by Trace_hunter,

Lucas Melo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello , my friend is asking me to install CFW on his 2DS . The version of it 2DS is 10.6.
I have the game Ocarina of Time to use OoThax , but I never installed a CFW on a 3DS in version 10.4 or above. (So I never learned to use OoThax )

Could someone direct me to a Tutorial on how to downgrade using OoThax and install CFW on 2DS ?

Downgrading and install CFW on a 2DS is equal to downgrade and install CFW on a 3DS or 3DS XL ? ( Has a difference in used files or something? )

Foaad2015

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My o3ds ver. is 4.4.0

I want to install a cfw to play games.

and I can't find any proper guide to do that.

I followed the steps in this video:

But I can't continue because dukesrg.no-ip.org/3ds
not working anymore.

I need an easy guide how to install cfw and transfer games to my 3ds.

Please Help Me.

Thanks a lot

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
hey hey.

this is regarding ftp.

3DS has FTbrony

Mobile phone is android with no SD card slot.

Assuming I'm in a state with no mobile data, and I intend to use mobile hotspot,

anyway to FTP between 3DS and Android phone?

The 3DS doesn't seem to want to connect to the phone,

but it worked previously (presumably because there was mobile data on the phone)

Unessential

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's been a few months since I last touched my 3DS. I found it while organizing some stuff. Decided to try hacking it.

After jumping through threads and FAQs I think I have a handle on most of it but there's just a few things I'm still unclear on and just want to confirm.

Currently I'm on 9.8 (old 3DS) With Tubehax I would be able to load pretty much all homebrew software except for CFWs?

If I downgrade to 9.2 (and not install a CFW) would I lose my installed games from the eshop (and the associated saved games?)

Also, I read somewhere on another thread that the current sysupgrade utility doesn't do a "clean" downgrade whatever that means, can anyone elaborate? Will it cause problems if i decide to say, for whatever reason, want to upgrade to 9.8 again?

I'm I correct in assuming if I install a cfw i'm going to lose them anyway?

Is there a simple utility for me to back everything up (and restore after) before going through a downgrade/cfw install?

are emuNANDS standard across all CFWs? or will I need to find specific versions for specific CFWs because of wierd interactions?

Finally, and this seems odd to me, Buying a flashcart (eg Sky3DS) will NOT be able to run homebrew software? that seems kinda strange to me. what is it about flashcarts that can't run homebrew software?

Last edited by Unessential,

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's been a few months since I last touched my 3DS. I found it while organizing some stuff. Decided to try hacking it.

After jumping through threads and FAQs I think I have a handle on most of it but there's just a few things I'm still unclear on and just want to confirm.

Currently I'm on 9.8 (old 3DS) With Tubehax I would be able to load pretty much all homebrew software except for CFWs?

If I downgrade to 9.2 (and not install a CFW) would I lose my installed games from the eshop (and the associated saved games?)

Also, I read somewhere on another thread that the current sysupgrade utility doesn't do a "clean" downgrade whatever that means, can anyone elaborate? Will it cause problems if i decide to say, for whatever reason, want to upgrade to 9.8 again?

I'm I correct in assuming if I install a cfw i'm going to lose them anyway?

Is there a simple utility for me to back everything up (and restore after) before going through a downgrade/cfw install?

are emuNANDS standard across all CFWs? or will I need to find specific versions for specific CFWs because of wierd interactions?

Finally, and this seems odd to me, Buying a flashcart (eg Sky3DS) will NOT be able to run homebrew software? that seems kinda strange to me. what is it about flashcarts that can't run homebrew software?
On 9.8, you can use homebrew and downgrade. That's it.

No, you won't lose your installed games and saves by downgrading.

Basically, SysUpdater won't remove completely new titles that were added in later firmwares when downgrading. This shouldn't cause any issues after downgrading. On firmwares above 9.2, the exploit SysUpdater relies on is quite unstable, so it doesn't always downgrade all titles correctly either. This can leave you on a "frankenfirmware" which is a combination of 9.2 and the firmware you downgraded from. If you encounter frankenfirmware, you need to downgrade with SysUpdater again so all titles are correctly downgraded. It won't cause issues if you ever want to update your firmware again, but there's no reason to go back up anyway.

Backing up just involves copying all of the contents of your SD card and extracting the emuNAND partition with one of the several available tools. EmuNAND9, Multi EmuNAND Creator and EmuNAND Tool can all create emuNAND backups.

EmuNANDs are standard across all CFWs. They all are based off of the original Gateway emuNAND format.

Sky3DS(+) and its clones cannot run homebrew. Gateway, on the other hand can (Gateway is essentially a CFW with a flashcart to go along with it). The reason Sky3DS can't run homebrew is because the cart is relying on an exploit in the way the 3DS validates game carts. It still relies on the software being unmodified, otherwise the signature check will fail. This is also why you can't use homebrew with it. Homebrew isn't signed and thus, will fail.

Reactions: Unessential

furkan125

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I just downgraded to 9.2 and now need to create an EMUNAND, so I need to start the EMUNAND9 Homebrew.
The problem is, that i can't start the Homebrew, among with many others which are needed for CFW/A9LH.
Everytime I start a Homebrew, it throws me back to HBL.

Video Example:

E:/
Got it. Downgrade wasnt 100% successful, did the Downgrade again and there was one File downgraded. Now it works.

Last edited by furkan125,

LittleXiao

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Say I wanted to undo the emuNAND installation in the future and go back to stock, with my NNID and all my stuff intact. Do I unlink my NNID by formatting the system through System Settings in emuNAND, or TinyFormat?

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Say I wanted to undo the emuNAND installation in the future and go back to stock, with my NNID and all my stuff intact. Do I unlink my NNID by formatting the system through System Settings in emuNAND, or TinyFormat?
If you have your emunand and sysnand unlinked, I would format emunand through system settings

fireguy85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello , my friend is asking me to install CFW on his 2DS . The version of it 2DS is 10.6.
I have the game Ocarina of Time to use OoThax , but I never installed a CFW on a 3DS in version 10.4 or above. (So I never learned to use OoThax )

Could someone direct me to a Tutorial on how to downgrade using OoThax and install CFW on 2DS ?

Downgrading and install CFW on a 2DS is equal to downgrade and install CFW on a 3DS or 3DS XL ? ( Has a difference in used files or something? )

2DS is the same as O3DS. The XL version doesn't matter. You're options are really only Original/Old and New.

Do you have another 3DS running CFW or at least able to access homebrew launcher through? If so, this is super easy to set up oothax. Run the sploit installer (included in homebrew kit) from homebrew launcher menu and select old 3ds 10.6 payload while connected to internet (after backing up or deleting your saves of course). Stick the cart in the 2DS and boot up oot; really simple.

Last edited by fireguy85,

Lucas Melo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
2DS is the same as O3DS. The XL version doesn't matter. You're options are really only Original/Old and New.

Do you have another 3DS running CFW or at least able to access homebrew launcher through? If so, this is super easy to set up oothax. Run the sploit installer (included in homebrew kit) from homebrew launcher menu and select old 3ds 10.6 payload while connected to internet (after backing up or deleting your saves of course). Stick the cart in the 2DS and boot up oot; really simple.

I have a running CFW 3DS , but I have not found a good tutorial that explains how to make using OOThax and how to downgrade 10.7

fireguy85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a running CFW 3DS , but I have not found a good tutorial that explains how to make using OOThax and how to downgrade 10.7

I just told ya how. Go to HBL while connected to internet. Launch sploit installer. Select payload that matches the firmware of the system you want to exploit. The payload overwrites your first save slot. Put oot in the 2DS and open the save file. It will launch HBL.

Scoreless Pine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How or what can I use to back up regular DS game saves using 3ds homebrew or cfw? I have a N3DS 10.7 emunand with rxtools. I don't have powersaves or any other device like that and I don't plan on buying one, so I thought there might be another solution. Thanks! :yaynds:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
    cearp @ cearp: still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm