• Views 4,546,133
  • Replies 53,799
  • Likes 43

TSOK

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I'm using gateway and everything was always working perfectly but now some games decided to stop this glorious tradition. It's Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon and Bravely Second. Do they have anything in common aside for being quite new that could make them imposible to open? It looks like they're loading but everything just freezes at that point.
I've got the newest version of gateway so that shouldn't be a problem. Or at least I copied the files from it to the memory card with saves and chose to update it on the 3ds while entering gateway mode, it's possible it might not be everything I should've done. It might also have something to do with .cia files, I'm only using games in .nds version. So my question is: what should I do to make theese games work? Thanks in advance for answering my noobish question.

kasek

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
so I was installing rxtools and got to this step

Now, launch the rxTools menu (hold L as rxTools is booting), and boot RXMODE SysNAND.
  • You will be booted to what appears to be regular SysNAND. If you have Menuhax installed, you must hold R so that Menuhax will not load.
  • Navigate to the Health & Safety app and it should now be the BigBlueMenu app (Title Manager)!
  • If you notice any black "boxes" in your home menu, ignore them for now! It will not cause any issues.

• when I launch the health and safety app its just the normal health and safety... also I cant load honmebre now with broswerhax the scrren does its gren black orange thing then errors any ideas what happened everything aws going fine

Last edited by kasek,

towcbn

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
What kind of risks are there for downgrading a FW9.2 N3DS XL with menuhax to set up a9lh and such? I've been getting mixed information here about permabricks and semi-bricks. I have an O3DS with rxTools and a OoT3Dhax cart available, is that a failsafe if downgrading the N3DS fails? Can I try again?

Tomy Sakazaki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Context: I've recently downgraded a N3DS, and I'm using my actual NNID on it with some purchases, will eventually buy a 2nd N3DS unit to use this NNID without the warez.
I know that ticket.db registers every game I've installed both through eShop and from CIAs.
I know that if I use a pirated CIA of a actual game on it I will have trouble trying to buy the same game on eShop until I restore the ticket.db from a dump before installing custom/pirated CIAs.
Questions:
1 - If I do a system transfer, the entirity of ticket.db will be copied or bogus entries will be removed? The bogus entries are only homebrews that I've installed, I will avoid VC injections and pirated CIAs.
2 - If I restore the pre-downgrade ticket.db onto emunand before doing a system transfer, the target console can get games that I bought using my NNID on emunand? To explain better. I bought games, they got registered into the "dirty" ticket.db; then I buy my new N3DS unit and restore a ticket.db that's missing entries (both from installed CIAs and properly bought games) on the source N3DS, and do the system transfer. The target system will be able to download the games that I bought from eShop and aren't registered on the ticket.db?
I'm asking because I couldn't find if the ticket.db is actually integral to redownload eShop apps.

slickochet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys

I spent 9 hours laboriously going through Plailect's guide last night and all seemed to go well. I can now boot straight into CFW emuNAND on my sysNAND, boot into decrypt9 and can install CIAs and access homebrew launcher from the homescreen. I just had a couple more questions for future concerns:

I am currently using a 32gb microSD card which will eventually run out of space. Since I am no longer using an emuNAND on there, is it okay to just move everything to a larger microSD card if I do want to upgrade?

I have updated my CFW to the latest version. Can I still access online functions in games (including installed CIAs), the eShop and Miiverse without having to worry about a ban?

What is the best way to uninstall a game I installed via CIA should I need to?

When new versions of the official FW come out is it okay to update the CFW emuNAND in my sysNAND via the system settings right away or are there any precautions I must take?

Thanks in advance!

Aerocool

Man in a Box
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You can just move everything to a larger SD and you'll never get banned unless you cheat online. Just go to data management to uninstall titles(CIAs). youre always good to update because aureinand blocks the firm partitions but you should always Check the Forum before updating.

Last edited by Aerocool,

slickochet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You can just move everything to a larger SD and you'll never get banned unless you cheat online. Just go to data management to uninstall titles(CIAs). youre always good to update because aureinand blocks the firm partitions but you should always Check the Forum before updating.

Thanks for the reply and good to hear! Do you mean data management in the normal system settings?

Edit: Also, I heard you can get banned easily by using online features in games that are a different region from yours?

Edit 2: Also did I hear somewhere the New 3DS has some kind of issues with a 128gb microSD or is it fine?

Last edited by slickochet,
Reactions: Aerocool

MlgPro

Play me in SSB4 I’m a Fox main
Trophies
Website
m.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I had installed the dlc successfully thanks I couldnt install the game cia i had to use the physical cartrage

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Make sure the DLC is the same region as your cart. Also, I've heard of people having issues when installing DLC with FBI. Try BigBlueMenu.

Yes, but I believe Nintendo removed it from Japan's eShop.
Thanks man

Melhisedek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Will different SD cards influence boot time and overall responsiveness of the system? I have a 64 GB card and it takes a while for everything to load, just wonder if it has to do with the card or is my setup borked somehow?
(aureinand with arm9 hack done)

Lucas Melo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
My friend has a 2DS and want to perform the downgrade and install CFW . He must follow a tutorial o3DS and use the files for o3DS , or are there specific files to the 2DS ?

MlgPro

Trophies
Website
m.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Yes follow this l;ink i made a tutorial
https://gbatemp.net/threads/new-tut...e-posted-something-wierd.418360/#post-6156482
and for cfw follow this link
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-installing-rxtools-custom-firmware-3ds-and-2ds.390867/

My friend has a 2DS and want to perform the downgrade and install CFW . He must follow a tutorial o3DS and use the files for o3DS , or are there specific files to the 2DS ?
Yes there are system files but I cant link them to you though Its illegal and plus you could just use 3dnus

But that would take a super long time

Jalathas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All right, so I spent a bunch of time last night following Plailect's guide and getting AuReiNAND installed. Everything seems to be in order. How, if it's even possible, do I regain access to my old eshop games? They're still on the SD, but obviously the 3DS doesn't recognize them as belonging to this device.

MlgPro

Trophies
Website
m.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
All right, so I spent a bunch of time last night following Plailect's guide and getting AuReiNAND installed. Everything seems to be in order. How, if it's even possible, do I regain access to my old eshop games? They're still on the SD, but obviously the 3DS doesn't recognize them as belonging to this device.
DID U BACK UP UR NAND MAN

Jalathas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DID U BACK UP UR NAND MAN
Uh... well that sounds urgent? I have a lot of NAND backups, but I'm not sure which is which any more. It looks like (checking over the guide) the earliest NAND backup I have is of my 9.2.0 sysNAND. Is that all right?

MlgPro

Trophies
Website
m.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Uh... well that sounds urgent? I have a lot of NAND backups, but I'm not sure which is which any more. It looks like (checking over the guide) the earliest NAND backup I have is of my 9.2.0 sysNAND. Is that all right?
Yeah I am asking from what I have seen people have lost their games and I ask them one good question why didnt u back up ur nand

So it does have effect on boot or load times? I was worried I did something wrong
I don't know I think it may have something with the amount of games I have installed which is about 5 or 6 give or take whcih is like nothing on my sd card

Also when I type in caps I am joking Man Nand was supposed to rhyme with MAN

So it does have effect on boot or load times? I was worried I did something wrong
Thought the amunt of data u have probably takes along time because you have a 64 gig right?

Jalathas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All right. So do you know a way to restore access to my games? I mean, I can reinstall them I guess, but that's not really ideal. I don't think I'd keep my saves, for one thing.

MlgPro

Trophies
Website
m.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
No unless Yeah You could but first U would have to back up nand then get save maanager extract the save then copy the file on the computer redo setup of AureiNand and go to homebrew launcher and reinstall saves

LiquidAudacity

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You would need to restore your old sysnand and use a save extractor to get the data out of them there then just transfer that to the new sysnand as far as I know

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ sypt: youre a life saver <3