• Views 4,447,583
  • Replies 53,769
  • Likes 43

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
one thing here . I have my cubic ninja here and I actually played it a finished the game whit one character ...
I've made ninjhax on a o3DS on the very begins times of ninjhax XD now I need to use it on a 3dsXL(10.6), what to do?
Can I reset only the "qr code" thing ?not losing the game save data?:x

Sundaybrawl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Back again with another question. I've managed to downgrade my o3DS to 9.2 and set up emuNAND (I believe so at least), however, once in emuNAND(?) and I check system settings, there is no "rei.:" before the version number. I'm unsure if it patched correctly or I used an older file to patch? I'm truly unsure and I don't want to patch TWL_FIRM if ReiNAND didn't work correctly. Is there a proper way to check or will I have to find a different file and go from there?

Halvorsen

Trophies
Website
halcove.com
XP
Country
United States
Back again with another question. I've managed to downgrade my o3DS to 9.2 and set up emuNAND (I believe so at least), however, once in emuNAND(?) and I check system settings, there is no "rei.:" before the version number. I'm unsure if it patched correctly or I used an older file to patch? I'm truly unsure and I don't want to patch TWL_FIRM if ReiNAND didn't work correctly. Is there a proper way to check or will I have to find a different file and go from there?
Are you using AuReiNand? That and Cakes don't patch out the version string.
Make sure you are in sysnand (remove the SD Card when booting 3DS, or rather, have the SD already out), and make three folders next to each other; S, Y and S.
If you see the SYS folders, you're in systemNAND. If you're in emunand, the folders won't be there. Also, make sure your NANDs are unlinked. If you're in emunand, then just update.

Sahloknir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Not sure if this is the best place to ask this, but i have a CIA of Bravely Second, and my moon village thing is not getting streetpasses counted toward it most of the time. Is there some kind of region locking on streetpasses in the game? I have received a total of 7 (however I believe one of those is given to you by the game) despite receiving over 100 streetpasses, many of which say they've been playing Bravely Second, via my homepass relay.

Also is it safe to update gateway emunand to 10.7?

Not posting this to be rude or anything, i think my questions may simply have been missed.

Sundaybrawl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Are you using AuReiNand? That and Cakes don't patch out the version string.
Make sure you are in sysnand (remove the SD Card when booting 3DS, or rather, have the SD already out), and make three folders next to each other; S, Y and S.
If you see the SYS folders, you're in systemNAND. If you're in emunand, the folders won't be there. Also, make sure your NANDs are unlinked. If you're in emunand, then just update.

Well it is booting to emuNAND that's for sure, all the apps and whatnot are there, not the SYS folders. I'm fairly sure I'm use reiNAND, unless the app actually launches AureiNAND under the reiNAND app and name. The guide did mention AureiNAND but the contents were all named with rei, but that's probably wrong to assume that it is rei.

titchyyyy

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi

I'm looking into buying a 3DS XL (old version) and noticed some good deals on eBay for brand new consoles with bundled games, I'd assume that these consoles will come with 9.2x firmware or below, how would I be able to tell this? Attempting to buy a EU - Super Mario Bros 2 bundle (silver) console with game pre-installed.

There are lots of used and brand new consoles on eBay but without bundled games it would be hard to find a console on 9.2x firmware, if I'm correct?

Also, I just want to be able to play 3DS and old DS games, would it be as simple as buying a Gateway card? Thanks in advance!

Last edited by titchyyyy,

Halvorsen

Trophies
Website
halcove.com
XP
Country
United States
Well it is booting to emuNAND that's for sure, all the apps and whatnot are there, not the SYS folders. I'm fairly sure I'm use reiNAND, unless the app actually launches AureiNAND under the reiNAND app and name. The guide did mention AureiNAND but the contents were all named with rei, but that's probably wrong to assume that it is rei.
Then update.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Is it ok to update CIA games through eshop? Can you play online?
Yeah, but you might as well use an update CIA. If you lose access to eShop, your eShop data would be removed, meaning no updates.
AuReiNand 10.7, old 3DS XL.
Yes, but you might as well install the CIA updates.

Hi

I'm looking into buying a 3DS XL (old version) and noticed some good deals on eBay for brand new consoles with bundled games, I'd assume that these consoles will come with 9.2x firmware or below, how would I be able to tell this? Attempting to buy a EU - Super Mario Bros 2 bundle (silver) console with game pre-installed.

There are lots of used and brand new consoles on eBay but without bundled games it would be hard to find a console on 9.2x firmware, if I'm correct?

Also, I just want to be able to play 3DS and old DS games, would it be as simple as buying a Gateway card? Thanks in advance!
Preinstalled games? Maybe, but it's still a raffle determing what the actual console might be on. And it's eBay, serial numbers were a way of doing it (not that it was guaranteed) but the pics are all you get. You can currently downgrade on all firmwares anyway.
No, Gateway is practically obsolete. Get a regular CFW and use the Slot-1 Launcher Apache made with a genuine supported DS flashcard.

Last edited by Halvorsen,
Reactions: titchyyyy

titchyyyy

Trophies
XP
Country
I've purchased a 3DS XL with 9.9 installed, was told it was very easy to downgrade to 9.2.

I only want the CFW for playing a couple of games, I intend to just install rxtools. What features do I get by buying a DS flashcard that supports Slot-1 Launcher that Apache made?

Halvorsen

Trophies
Website
halcove.com
XP
Country
United States
I've purchased a 3DS XL with 9.9 installed, was told it was very easy to downgrade to 9.2.

I only want the CFW for playing a couple of games, I intend to just install rxtools. What features do I get by buying a DS flashcard that supports Slot-1 Launcher that Apache made?
DS rom support.

so here is my latest noob question is the nintendo selects version of tloz oot exploitable ?
Yep.

Lucas Melo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If you extract saves, they have no encryption. That's the point of the save manager. Hopefully, it'll work under a different manager? What are you using?

I have not used a save manager to extract the saves when I sold my first 3DS , I had no knowledge of homebrews at that time , so I just copied the saves folder.

It is possible I put these save folders in a different 3ds ( if I access a game with them , the game will tell you that the save is corrupt ) , using the save manager to extract the saves , and then import the extracted saves back , so that they work in the game?

If this is possible , you know any manager save for me to use?

Thank you

Halvorsen

Trophies
Website
halcove.com
XP
Country
United States
I have not used a save manager to extract the saves when I sold my first 3DS , I had no knowledge of homebrews at that time , so I just copied the saves folder.

It is possible I put these save folders in a different 3ds ( if I access a game with them , the game will tell you that the save is corrupt ) , using the save manager to extract the saves , and then import the extracted saves back , so that they work in the game?

Thank you

You would have had to extract the saves using the manager. There is one thing though. Although I have no idea what a Saves folder is, it could mean your secure values are off. This is your only hope. Find a cia of JK's Save Manager, back up your saves and use your PC to put your old saves in the newly generated folder on the root of your SD Card. It's impossible to have access to your old saves without using a save manager, so you must have used one without knowing.

fireguy85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thank you

I'm in the same boat with you with Pokemon Rumble World. I have the Nintendo 3DS folder backed up, but never used a save manager for that one particular game. If you find out a solution, let me know. I've been trying to figure out for awhile, and I've been told there isn't a way.

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Do emulators such as Retroarch work better as installed cia files than they do as 3dsx HBL files? Or is it more or less the same?

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
How do I find the emunand file when I pop my sd card into my pc. Is it a hidden file?
The EmuNAND is stored as a partition at the beginning of your SD card. If you look at the SD card in a disk partitioner, you will see a 1 or 2 GB partition that the computer can't read. This is your EmuNAND.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Faust03 @ Faust03: it was also the only game I played