• Views 4,485,683
  • Replies 53,787
  • Likes 43

Fil o_O

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is there a way I can use the update data for Omega Ruby in Gateway Classic Mode with my original Cartridge so I can go online? I installed the update previously as CIA. Could that be the reason why I'm not able to download the "original" update data from the eShop ?? Do I have options ?

MlgPro

Play me in SSB4 I’m a Fox main
Trophies
Website
m.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
How do I install dlc in cia form to ssb4
I have the original cartrage and the cia form but the file went somewhere else when I installed it
Running: 10.7 emunand 9.2: Sysnand CFW:Rxtools

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is there a way I can use the update data for Omega Ruby in Gateway Classic Mode with my original Cartridge so I can go online? I installed the update previously as CIA. Could that be the reason why I'm not able to download the "original" update data from the eShop ?? Do I have options ?
When you install the update data via cia, the ticket information isn't registered correctly since it's not a legit cia; that's why you can't download the update from the eShop.

You can solve the issue by using the instructions on this post. There might be a simpler way, but that's the only way I know of to fix the issue.

Reactions: Fil o_O

MlgPro

Trophies
Website
m.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
When you install the update data via cia, the ticket information isn't registered correctly since it's not a legit cia; that's why you can't download the update from the eShop.

You can solve the issue by using the instructions on this post. There might be a simpler way, but that's the only way I know of to fix the issue.
Thanks

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Oh wrong thing sorry

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How do I install dlc in cia form to ssb4
I have the original cartrage and the cia form but the file went somewhere else when I installed it
Running: 10.7 emunand 9.2: Sysnand CFW:Rxtools
Make sure the DLC is the same region as your cart. Also, I've heard of people having issues when installing DLC with FBI. Try BigBlueMenu.

is cubic ninja jap eshop version still exploitable?
Yes, but I believe Nintendo removed it from Japan's eShop.

kasek

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey sorry I didn't want to read all of the posts and hoping someone can direct me straight here cuz I'm co fused. I have the original 3ds and I am on 9.9 firmware. I want to get it modded and am confused about 2 different options. In my area on Craigslist 1 person is selling a gateway or my 2nd option is a guy who installs custom firmware to play game back ups. I'm in Canada so price will differ obviously but 90$ for gateway and 50 for firmware. Wondering what's the better option or how to do the firmware my self if I can still play game back ups or even nds emulator any ideas.

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey sorry I didn't want to read all of the posts and hoping someone can direct me straight here cuz I'm co fused. I have the original 3ds and I am on 9.9 firmware. I want to get it modded and am confused about 2 different options. In my area on Craigslist 1 person is selling a gateway or my 2nd option is a guy who installs custom firmware to play game back ups. I'm in Canada so price will differ obviously but 90$ for gateway and 50 for firmware. Wondering what's the better option or how to do the firmware my self if I can still play game back ups or even nds emulator any ideas.
You can also do it yourself for free. It's not too hard, and you won't need to spend a dime (unless you want a bigger SD card).

There's lots of tutorials around here to help you with this sort of this thing.

First, set up the Homebrew Launcher.

After that, follow this tutorial to downgrade.

Then, just follow this tutorial to set up rxTools and you're good to go!

MlgPro

Trophies
Website
m.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
What's the best value flashcard I can purchase for a 2DS in the UK?
Honestly I would say the R4i gold if you want cheap ds games but if you want to play free 3ds game you have to get a sky3ds (over a 100 dollars I believe) card or a gateway (Dont know how much)3ds card or a r5 card( if those exist from what ive heard off of the r4 card sites) and probably a dstwo

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
Both preferably, if only one or the other then 3DS.
Get a Sky3DS+. It's the only 3ds flashcart that works on firmware newer than 9.2.

Gateway can play both 3ds and ds games but you'll need to be on 9.2.

You can also downgrade to 9.2 for free and then install custom firmware, allowing you to play 3ds games for free, but you'll need to buy a flashcard like the R4i to play DS games.

kasek

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You can also do it yourself for free. It's not too hard, and you won't need to spend a dime (unless you want a bigger SD card).

There's lots of tutorials around here to help you with this sort of this thing.

First, set up the Homebrew Launcher.

After that, follow this tutorial to downgrade.

Then, just follow this tutorial to set up rxTools and you're good to go!

Awesome thanks for the links I'll take a look at them when I get home from work. So I don't need a flash card to play my backed up Roms? And what's the biggest sd card that's compatible without a flash cart

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
Awesome thanks for the links I'll take a look at them when I get home from work. So I don't need a flash card to play my backed up Roms? And what's the biggest sd card that's compatible without a flash cart
You can use up to 128 gigabyte SD cards as long as you format them as fat32.

If you're on newer than 10.3, you'll need to use the build of SafeSysUpdater in my signature.

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yep, you'll be able to install games as cias, and you won't require a flashcart.

I think up to a 128GB SD can work with the 3DS as long as it's formatted as FAT32. Personally, I've been using a 32GB card and have roughly 10 or so games installed with room for plenty more.

rody2k6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That means it has menuhax.

Try pressing L and see if you're in SysNAND.

I got it, I got into my RX Tools menu and I'm making a backup of the emunand and I guess this is what I'll use for the emunand tool and etc right? Also when it comes to the games/saves I just copy and paste the whole content of the sd card on the new sd card that I just copied the emunand to?

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
I got it, I got into my RX Tools menu and I'm making a backup of the emunand and I guess this is what I'll use for the emunand tool and etc right? Also when it comes to the games/saves I just copy and paste the whole content of the sd card on the new sd card that I just copied the emunand to?
Yep, that's about right. Good luck!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @HiradeGirl, This commercial doesn't need to be made.