• Views 4,441,697
  • Replies 53,769
  • Likes 43

Melhisedek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guys I've followed Plailect guide and now I have quite a few backups of emunands and systemnand and whatever not :) So which of those files if any should I save and which are ok to delete?

I have
emunand 10.6
emunand formatted
emunand 2.1
sysnand 9.2
otpx100
otpx108
arm9loaderhax

Everything is working as it should and I have a setup with aureinand.

Just Passing By

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys I've followed Plailect guide and now I have quite a few backups of emunands and systemnand and whatever not :) So which of those files if any should I save and which are ok to delete?

I have
emunand 10.6
emunand formatted
emunand 2.1
sysnand 9.2
otpx100
otpx108
arm9loaderhax

Everything is working as it should and I have a setup with aureinand.
Tbh, I'd keep everything. I guess I'm a horder, but I like to keep everything just in case I ever need it again for whatever reason. But if you do what to get rid of stuff, you can delete the 2.1 emunand backup unless you're planning to go back to 2.1 for whatever reason, emunand formatted is fine to delete. I'd keep the sysnand 9.2 backup and the emunand 10.6 just in case you need to revert to pre-a9lh or you need a backup to go back to. For the OTP stuff, I'd create like 2-5 backups of those (yeah legit. Those are your babies) and throw them in different places like different cloud services, on a USB Drive, possibly a CD, anywhere where they'd be safe. And it's youR choice whether to keep a9lh.3dsx since you can remake those anytime with your OTP.

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I'd like to downgrade my 10.6 N3DSXL and install CFW and EmuNAND.

However I'd like to not lose my zillions of Streetpass tags. Is this possible? Setting up an EmuNAND requires wiping the SD card, though, right?

w1575

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I apologize for the stupid question. I installed arm9loaderhax (https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki). It works fine, but I can not use another SD-card. Even if I have copied all the files and folders to another SD, 3ds is not started. The only way - to write the ISO image. What have I done wrong? Or the way it should be?

ConraDargo

Flashback Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
It's possible to make the 3DS region free now, right? Since late 2015 or so? Does it matter what firmware my (US) 3DS is on and will this exploit/patch/whatever in any way "ruin" eShop for me? I enjoy checking out the eShop every once in a while and purchase games that are on sale.

Banamy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's possible to make the 3DS region free now, right? Since late 2015 or so? Does it matter what firmware my (US) 3DS is on and will this exploit/patch/whatever in any way "ruin" eShop for me? I enjoy checking out the eShop every once in a while and purchase games that are on sale.

You should downgrade and make an emunand. You will be able to keep eshop access with emunand. What version is your 3ds on?

kirillre4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Hi, I'd like to know, if I can use a9lh to boot straight into gateway emuNAND (or any CFW, if there any that will let me use GW RED card) or my only option is using menuhax? I've spent some time searching, but for life of me can't find an answer.

MklStar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, I just got my sky3ds+ orange button, and my n3ds is v10.5.0E. The EU games work fine and all, but is there a way I can have it region free so I can play some Japanese games? (I tried playing some USA games but I just get that error message about "this game card cannot be used"). And if so, are there any guides out there that explain how? I found one with Ninjhax 2.5 but it says a console version of up to 10.3.0; would it still work?

I don't care too much if the games won't let me play online with region-free games (assuming that it's even possible to play online with roms, can it/how?).

slickochet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Noticed there's a new official firmware out today...after following the full guide and getting emuNAND to replace sysNAND can it be kept fully up to date to that eShop, Miiverse etc can still be accessed?

Also, does anyone know if oot3dhax will still work on today's new official FW?
Edit: Disregard this 2nd question! 10.7 is confirmed to work with oot3dhax!

Last edited by slickochet,

comoassim71

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi, guys! I'm new to the forum, and I need some help. I recently bought sky3ds+ and everytime I try to play online I get the error 001-0123. I read a ton of stuff in the internet regarding problems with headers. I really don't care going online with public header.
The "GAMESAVE_KEY=" was blank and try to paste a public header (that I got in a template file from the old sky3ds) and try to mess with the manufacturer and still no good.
Can someone, please, tell me what should be on te .CFG file or the settings.txt file to work?

Fil o_O

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is there a way I can use the update data for Omega Ruby in Gateway Classic Mode with my original Cartridge so I can go online? I installed the update previously as CIA. Could that be the reason why I'm not able to download the "original" update data from the eShop ?? Do I have options ?

thedude28

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey, I just got my sky3ds+ orange button, and my n3ds is v10.5.0E. The EU games work fine and all, but is there a way I can have it region free so I can play some Japanese games? (I tried playing some USA games but I just get that error message about "this game card cannot be used"). And if so, are there any guides out there that explain how? I found one with Ninjhax 2.5 but it says a console version of up to 10.3.0; would it still work?

I don't care too much if the games won't let me play online with region-free games (assuming that it's even possible to play online with roms, can it/how?).

You can use HANS to spoof your 3DS region to allow for out of region games.

Anyone know?

Yup, you just do what you would normally do to get CFW, but you just back up everything on your SD card (literally copy all the files on your 3DS and throwing it somewhere) before wiping it.

If you do things right, you'll be able to retain everything on a 3DS with 9.2 Sysnand, 10.7 Emunand, and unlinked nands.

thedude28

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Noticed there's a new official firmware out today...after following the full guide and getting emuNAND to replace sysNAND can it be kept fully up to date to that eShop, Miiverse etc can still be accessed?

Also, does anyone know if oot3dhax will still work on today's new official FW?
Edit: Disregard this 2nd question! 10.7 is confirmed to work with oot3dhax!

As long as emuNAND is on the latest firmware, you'll be able to access whatever sysNAND can access.

slickochet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
As long as emuNAND is on the latest firmware, you'll be able to access whatever sysNAND can access.

And the emuNAND can just be updated through the emuNAND's system settings? Still not 100% where the emuNAND update come from. Do you need to wait for a patch to be made after an official firmware is released or anything?

thedude28

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
And the emuNAND can just be updated through the emuNAND's system settings? Still not 100% where the emuNAND update come from. Do you need to wait for a patch to be made after an official firmware is released or anything?

Yup, you update Emunand via System Settings.

The only thing you need to wait for is to see if the update works with Emunand.

If it doesn't, you just don't update.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/ZQhiwti-pK0?si=LTqU_S8Xm2fYnlQg