• Views 4,479,788
  • Replies 53,785
  • Likes 43

rody2k6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Depends what operating system you are on.

I guess my question is why do you need to do this? You shouldn't need to worry about the EmuNAND partition.

There's no way to read the files on the EmuNAND.
It's because the guy that sold me his 3ds also included a 8gb sd with rx tools. Thing is, I want to move to a 16gb. So I don't know what is easier to just clone the 8gb to the 16gb or do I just install rx tools from scratch?

Someone also told me just to copy and paste since the SD card is named gatewaynand so it is different than cloning a rx tools card.

HariGp

Trophies
XP
Country
India
It's because the guy that sold me his 3ds also included a 8gb sd with rx tools. Thing is, I want to move to a 16gb. So I don't know what is easier to just clone the 8gb to the 16gb or do I just install rx tools from scratch?

Someone also told me just to copy and paste since the SD card is named gatewaynand so it is different than cloning a rx tools card.
If you want the games installed/emuNAND on the original SD, then you can clone it :) Guide: https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...other-sd-card-working-on-new3ds.383684/unread

Reactions: astronautlevel

Lucas Melo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You would have had to extract the saves using the manager. There is one thing though. Although I have no idea what a Saves folder is, it could mean your secure values are off. This is your only hope. Find a cia of JK's Save Manager, back up your saves and use your PC to put your old saves in the newly generated folder on the root of your SD Card. It's impossible to have access to your old saves without using a save manager, so you must have used one without knowing.

I'm in the same boat with you with Pokemon Rumble World. I have the Nintendo 3DS folder backed up, but never used a save manager for that one particular game. If you find out a solution, let me know. I've been trying to figure out for awhile, and I've been told there isn't a way.

LinkSoraZelda, save folders that I did the backup were inside the folder F:\Nintendo 3DS\"SysNand Folder"\"Another Folder"\extdata\"Save Folders"

Within the "extdata" they were all the saves I made the backup

Halvorsen

Trophies
Website
halcove.com
XP
Country
United States
LinkSoraZelda, save folders that I did the backup were inside the folder F:\Nintendo 3DS\"SysNand Folder"\"Another Folder"\extdata\"Save Folders"

Within the "extdata" they were all the saves I made the backup
Oh... those aren't saves in the first place. Those are extdata, and they are encrypted to your specific console. There isn't a way to get access to your saves without the original console to dump decrypted saves. I'm sorry, but you may check that ISO site to restore some parts of your work.

Reactions: astronautlevel

HariGp

Trophies
XP
Country
India
People in that topic say that they are having problems going from a smaller size to a bigger size.
You could always do this:

1. Backup all the files in your SD.
2. Download emuNAND Tool, and extract emuNAND from source SD.
3. On fresh SD, setup emuNAND(I think emuNAND tool only supports GatewayNAND)
4. After emuNAND is setup, using emuNAND tool again, inject NAND to emuNAND and select the perviously extracted emuNAND.bin

rody2k6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could always do this:

1. Backup all the files in your SD.
2. Download emuNAND Tool, and extract emuNAND from source SD.
3. On fresh SD, setup emuNAND(I think emuNAND tool only supports GatewayNAND)
4. After emuNAND is setup, using emuNAND tool again, inject NAND to emuNAND and select the perviously extracted emuNAND.bin
Thanks. Weird thing is. I pop my sd card in and open the tool but it can't find the file it's looking for at all.

HariGp

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Thanks. Weird thing is. I pop my sd card in and open the tool but it can't find the file it's looking for at all.
Try opening the emuNAND's random-numbers-and-letters-folder(one of the two folders in 'Nintendo 3ds') manually through the file explorer.

It should be like this: SD:\Nintendo 3ds\<crap1>(emuNAND folder)\<crap2>\

After going to this location, you can select the folder and it will backup your emuNAND :)

Last edited by HariGp,

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
People in that topic say that they are having problems going from a smaller size to a bigger size.
Try opening the emuNAND's random-numbers-and-letters-folder(one of the two folders in 'Nintendo 3ds') manually through the file explorer.

It should be like this: SD:\Nintendo 3ds\<crap1>(emuNAND folder)\<crap2>\

After going to this location, you can select the folder and it will backup your emuNAND :)
No, this is wrong. That will back up games and stuff, but the actual EmuNAND will NOT be backed up by this.

Reactions: Halvorsen

rody2k6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, this is wrong. That will back up games and stuff, but the actual EmuNAND will NOT be backed up by this.
So is it even possible to backup my emunand since the tool can't even find it. I'm leaning now towards setting up a whole new card now than cloning even though setting up is a hassle too lol.

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
So is it even possible to backup my emunand since the tool can't even find it. I'm leaning now towards setting up a whole new card now than cloning even though setting up is a hassle too lol.
Cloning is fairly easy using win32diskimager.

Have you tried using EmuNAND9 to back up your EmuNAND?

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
I'll try them. Is there a guide for these things anywhere? Thank.
It's pretty easy. If your SysNAND is on 9.2, download and install EmuNAND9 then launch it via the homebrew launcher. Navigate to the option saying Backup EmuNAND to file. If it works, just choose restore EmuNAND from file on your new SD card and it will be copied over.

rody2k6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's pretty easy. If your SysNAND is on 9.2, download and install EmuNAND9 then launch it via the homebrew launcher. Navigate to the option saying Backup EmuNAND to file. If it works, just choose restore EmuNAND from file on your new SD card and it will be copied over.
Okay I'll read more into this, since my 3ds boots straight into the main menu where I got my installed games and the title manager (used to install the cias) I don't see a home brew launcher option.

rody2k6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That means it has menuhax.

Try pressing L and see if you're in SysNAND.
Where would I press L? When I turned it on and held L it booted into normal 3ds screen. When I let the static screen show then the colored one and held L while there was text in the upper screen it booted into the menuhax normally like it usually does.

jchen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) Can i download the Free DLC of games without modifying the .3ds file? (gateway) ex: Fire Emblem fates, download any free maps they have
I know i can access eshop but what about the above? Thanks

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
1) Can i download the Free DLC of games without modifying the .3ds file? (gateway) ex: Fire Emblem fates, download any free maps they have
I know i can access eshop but what about the above? Thanks
Yes. DLCs are stored as cias. Download the DLC as a cia and install it with a cia manager (DevMenu, BigBlueMenu, FBI, etc...).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: hey sylv? do you know why gameyob crashes on the EZP?