Country

JinSaiYa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Hey Guys,

When I try to run menuhax on emunand 10.3 (RxTools) it gives me an error and makes me restart the sistem.

I already pressed "Y" while loading the Homebrew launcher cia I installed and it did install the payload. After this I modfied the payload to run my homebrew channel 3dsx (using CTR).

Anyone know?

Thanks

cdd6999335c11015630976172acc9990.jpg

bff9023cb05c2382c2dadc6b715afc5a.jpg

Last edited by JinSaiYa,

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I kept following this guide and i kept reaching the "Preparing home menu" or something along that line then just a black screen. It was a big issue in that thread though the person who found a solution claimed they used 2.0 menuhax. I currently have 2.1 installed, how would i go about changing? If that's needed at all.

I don't think it's needed. I have 2.1 and the instructions in the OP worked 1st try. Sorry, don't know what would be causing it.

Temarile

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ A9LH ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey guys,
I updated my O3DS to 4.5 yesterday, by using Fire Emblem. I have a few questions about the next steps.
- Can I still use street pass / spot pass on this firmware version?
- what do I need to do now to be able to play 3ds games?
- Can I play 3ds games without having a gateway flash card? I have an collection of .3ds files..
- I have an r4 card, R4i-SDHC, can I use that on the O3DS to play nds games with? Or even use it to set up stuff for the O3DS?
- I have Pokemon OR, I'd rather not lose the save file. How can I play official retail games when I've installed emunand/home brew?

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
- Can I still use street pass / spot pass on this firmware version?
yes
- what do I need to do now to be able to play 3ds games?
pirated games i assume . . . so all you need is time and effort [Tutorial] Installing rxTools Custom Firmware - (3DS and 2DS)

- Can I play 3ds games without having a gateway flash card? I have an collection of .3ds files..
if you convert them to .cia format then yes otherwise you will need a flashcard

- I have an r4 card, R4i-SDHC, can I use that on the O3DS to play nds games with? Or even use it to set up stuff for the O3DS?
if it works lol . . .and yes, in fact if the last number of your fw is 7 or less (ex 4.5.0.7U) you may need a ds flashcard to install cfw

- I have Pokemon OR, I'd rather not lose the save file. How can I play official retail games when I've installed emunand/home brew?
. . . put the game in the slot . . . press "A" button . . . lol

CyberBuzzKill

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

bidiminished

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If the signature patch couldn't be done, then would no non-legit CIAs would install? I've ran into the signature error with two CIAs but was able to install some other non-legit CIAs. I also have a few CIAs that have no info apart from file size with FBI (and will instantly get SUMMARY_INVALID_ARGUMENT); on BBM they say "invalid CIA" and won't let me try installing.

I'm trying to work out whether I have an incomplete downgrade or if I'm just using dodgy CIAs/having non firmware related issues.

CXu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
So, I have a new 3ds and an old 3ds. I've downgraded my old 3ds, but my SD card is too small for emunand (so I'm waiting to buy a new one soon).

Anyhow, I have a few questions. Should I downgrade my n3ds? From what I understand, you can't have emunand to 10.3 on a n3ds. Will I be missing out on things that I can only do if I'm on 10.3?

Seeing as nintendo most likely will come with a firmware update sometime soon, I'd like to try and do the downgrade soon if it's what's, well, recommended I guess.

Also, how easy is it to transfer emunand and things from one SD card to another? I'll be getting a bigger microSD for my n3ds as well, so I'm wondering if I should go ahead and do all that stuff on it now, or wait for my new micro SD.

Since it seems to have gotten buried, im reposting this. Hopefully thats okay

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyhow, I have a few questions. Should I downgrade my n3ds? From what I understand, you can't have emunand to 10.3 on a n3ds. Will I be missing out on things that I can only do if I'm on 10.3?
not much currently most all things can be done on 9.5 with a few fixes that is
Also, how easy is it to transfer emunand and things from one SD card to another? I'll be getting a bigger microSD for my n3ds as well, so I'm wondering if I should go ahead and do all that stuff on it now, or wait for my new micro SD.
its ok to set up now then transfer later you just need to use emunand tool for the emunand itself everything else is drag and drop

YyAoMmIi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I kept following this guide and i kept reaching the "Preparing home menu" or something along that line then just a black screen. It was a big issue in that thread though the person who found a solution claimed they used 2.0 menuhax. I currently have 2.1 installed, how would i go about changing? If that's needed at all.
The whole problem when upgrading is that the fact you had menuhax when you unlinked your NANDs. Btw, you don't need to change menuhax anyways.
There 2 theories on how to fix this, and to update successfully. Before anything, restore back to 9.2 when everything was working
1) Go to EmuNAND and change theme to break menuhax.
2) Delete a Extdata folder on the SD card. https://3dbrew.org/wiki/Extdata tells you how to get to that folder. You want to delete the theme data folder, so for you, look for 000002ce since you are Eur.
After doing that, you should be able to update successfully.

Last edited by YyAoMmIi,

CXu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
not much currently most all things can be done on 9.5 with a few fixes that is
its ok to set up now then transfer later you just need to use emunand tool for the emunand itself everything else is drag and drop
Oh. I thought some games like Fire Emblem if wouldn't work or something? Or have I just heard hearsay.

CXu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I see. I guess I should get my butt moving and downgrade before a new system update comes around. Thanks a lot!

jlucasp25

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hi, yesterday I installed rxtools on my o3DS following a tutorial on youtube. To install everything I used a empty SD Card with 8 GB but i would like to be able to change to a bigger one. How do I do it? Also, I have a lot of digital games on my previous sd Card, since I can download them all from eshop, is there any way to transfer their save datas as well? Thanks in advance

Smash Br0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, so between everyone I know, we have these 3DS setups:

n3DS XL: 9.0.0-20U sysNAND, 4GB SDHC (never hacked)
n3DS XL: 9.9.0-26U sysNAND, 4GB SDHC (never hacked)

o3DS XL: 6.0.0-11U sysNAND, 4GB SDHC (never hacked)
o3DS XL: 4.3.0-10U sysNAND, 9.2.0-20U emuNAND, 16GB SDHC (Gateway only)
o3DS XL: 4.5.0-10U sysNAND, 9.4.0-21U emuNAND, 4GB SDHC (Gateway only)
o3DS XL: 9.2.0-20U sysNAND, 4GB SDHC (never hacked)

o3DS: 9.2.0-20U sysNAND, 2GB SDHC (never hacked)
o3DS: 3.0.0-6U sysNAND, 2GB SDHC (never hacked)
o3DS: 7.1.0-15U sysNAND, 2GB SDHC (never hacked)
o3DS: 4.5.0-9U sysNAND, 2GB SDHC (never hacked)
o3DS: 4.5.0-10U sysNAND, 2GB SDHC (never hacked)

Is the 9.9.0-26U n3DS XL the only one we need to get downgraded to 9.2 ASAP?

What should be done with the 3.0, 6.0, 7.1, and 9.0 systems? 4.3, 4.5, and 9.2 are fine as-is, right?

I'm looking into downgrading my 9.9 n3DS XL now. Got the 9.2 firmware .cia file, and sysupdater -- any way to tell which version sysupdater is?

Thanks for any advice.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, yesterday I installed rxtools on my o3DS following a tutorial on youtube. To install everything I used a empty SD Card with 8 GB but i would like to be able to change to a bigger one. How do I do it? Also, I have a lot of digital games on my previous sd Card, since I can download them all from eshop, is there any way to transfer their save datas as well? Thanks in advance

How to move Games, Saves, Themes, and Emunand to a new SD card

1. Get Emunand Tool
  2. Insert your old SD card in your PC
  3. Open Emunand Tool and select "Extract EmuNAND"
  4. Save it somewhere on your PC (as "emunand.bin" if you want)
  5. Backup all your SD card files to your PC
  6. Eject your old SD card
  7. Put Gateway's launcher.dat on your new SD card
  8. Format emunand on your new SD card via the gateway menu
  9. Turn off your 3DS
  10. Insert your new SD card in your PC
  11. Open Emunand Tool and select "Inject NAND to emuNAND"
  12. Select the emunand.bin you made in step 3 & 4
  13. Close Emunand Tool when done
  14. Put backup of SD card files (from step 5) on your new SD card
  15. Done, emunand and files (saves, games, etc.) have been transferred to your new SD card!
taken from this guide [Tutorial] Installing rxTools Custom Firmware - (Old 3DS and 2DS) (the one you should have used . . . lol)
OK, so between everyone I know, we have these 3DS setups:

n3DS XL: 9.0.0-20U sysNAND, 4GB SDHC (never hacked)
n3DS XL: 9.9.0-26U sysNAND, 4GB SDHC (never hacked)

o3DS XL: 6.0.0-11U sysNAND, 4GB SDHC (never hacked)
o3DS XL: 4.3.0-10U sysNAND, 9.2.0-20U emuNAND, 16GB SDHC (Gateway only)
o3DS XL: 4.5.0-10U sysNAND, 9.4.0-21U emuNAND, 4GB SDHC (Gateway only)
o3DS XL: 9.2.0-20U sysNAND, 4GB SDHC (never hacked)

o3DS: 3.0.0-6U sysNAND, 2GB SDHC (never hacked)
o3DS: 7.1.0-15U sysNAND, 2GB SDHC (never hacked)
o3DS: 4.5.0-9U sysNAND, 2GB SDHC (never hacked)
o3DS: 4.5.0-10U sysNAND, 2GB SDHC (never hacked)

Is the 9.9.0-26U n3DS XL the only one we need to get downgraded to 9.2 ASAP?

What should be done with the 3.0, 6.0, 7.1, and 9.0 systems? 4.3, 4.5, and 9.2 are fine as-is, right?

I'm looking into downgrading my 9.9 n3DS XL now. Got the 9.2 firmware .cia file, and sysupdater -- any way to tell which version sysupdater is?

Thanks for any advice.
all except the 9.9 can be hacked today
o3ds [Tutorial] Installing rxTools Custom Firmware - (Old 3DS and 2DS)
n3ds [Tutorial] How-to install a CFW on a 9.0-9.2 N3DS without CN/OOT
downgrade Simple Guide to Downgrading your 3DS

btw those 2 gb sd cards are unrealistically small (will maybe fit one game + emunand)

Last edited by wormdood,

jlucasp25

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
taken from this guide [Tutorial] Installing rxTools Custom Firmware - (Old 3DS and 2DS) (the one you should have used . . . lol)
all except the 9.9 can be hacked today
o3ds [Tutorial] Installing rxTools Custom Firmware - (Old 3DS and 2DS)
n3ds [Tutorial] How-to install a CFW on a 9.0-9.2 N3DS without CN/OOT
downgrade Simple Guide to Downgrading your 3DS

btw those 2 gb sd cards are unrealistically small (will maybe fit one game + emunand)

The saves that i want to restore are from a sd card that was in the 3ds before i installed rxtools, and the emunand is on a different sd card... will it still work?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Hawaii played it smart and said we're too hot for this land