• Views 4,516,988
  • Replies 53,796
  • Likes 43

Smash Br0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
taken from this guide [Tutorial] Installing rxTools Custom Firmware - (Old 3DS and 2DS) (the one you should have used . . . lol)
all except the 9.9 can be hacked today
o3ds [Tutorial] Installing rxTools Custom Firmware - (Old 3DS and 2DS)
n3ds [Tutorial] How-to install a CFW on a 9.0-9.2 N3DS without CN/OOT
downgrade Simple Guide to Downgrading your 3DS

btw those 2 gb sd cards are unrealistically small (will maybe fit one game + emunand)
Thanks for the fast reply. I don't have much free time, so I'm trying to do only the time-sensitive stuff right now.

Is getting the 9.9 n3DS XL downgraded my only time-sensitive task? All the rest are 100% exploitable after 10.4 drops?

I'm guessing 9.2 is preferred over ≤4.5 now. Is the only way to UPdate to 9.2 (without turning on the WiFi switch) still that second release of Smash Bros.?

We'll get some bigger SD cards when we find some on sale.

Last edited by Smash Br0,

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The saves that i want to restore are from a sd card that was in the 3ds before i installed rxtools, and the emunand is on a different sd card... will it still work?
as long as you did not format both sysnand and emunand then yes (the folder with the games/saves in it is inside Nintendo 3ds folder (the one with the random numbers and letters if the old one matches one of the two on the current card copy it over and then you are good
@wormdood
I have mistakenly installed emunand first before installing rxtools
Should I start from beginning or can continue
it should be ok . . . install rxtools now

Is getting the 9.9 n3DS XL downgraded my only time-sensitive task? All the rest are 100% exploitable after 10.4 drops?
correct on both counts
I'm guessing 9.2 is preferred over ≤4.5 now. Is the only way to UPdate to 9.2 (without turning on the WiFi switch) still that second release of Smash Bros.?
this is a bad way to update and can lead to its own set of issues there is a way to hack all 9.2 or lower consoles then update using sysupdater (note the version will be different then the one used for the downgrade)

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does it matter which entry point I use to downgrade? I have a copy of Cubic Ninja.
from what i read its best to use menuhax (i hear having the game slot empty helps) but make sure you read the downgrade guide carefully
also have the proper update pack for your console version and region or you will brick your console

Smash Br0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
from what i read its best to use menuhax (i hear having the game slot empty helps) but make sure you read the downgrade guide carefully
also have the proper update pack for your console version and region or you will brick your console
I read that if I use menuhax, I won't be able to use custom themes, and that's something I'd like to have... So I suppose I'll try Ninjhax first.

I'm following the guide you posted a page ago, double-checking everything. Verified the .cia firmware files matched the hashes. Just gotta setup an entry point and downgrade.

Just to confirm, it's OK to downgrade from 9.9 instead of upgrading to 10.3 first?

I see ninjhax requires a WiFi connection -- will that force me to update to 10.3 first?

Something else I just thought of: Whoever owned this copy of Cubic Ninja before I did installed Ninjhax on it already. Do I need to remove their version and apply the version specific to the firmware I'm using?

*reads ninjhax FAQ*

Sounds like I should clear the previous save game.

Last edited by Smash Br0,

CXu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
After downgrading to 9.2, menuhax seems to have stopped working. I've tried going into menuhax manager, deleting and reinstalling menuhax, but it always seem to freeze on the yellow screen on load. Is there anything I can do about this? Browserhax still works, so there's not really a problem right now I guess, but I'd like to get menuhax working.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just to confirm, it's OK to downgrade from 9.9 instead of upgrading to 10.3 first?
correct
I read that if I use menuhax, I won't be able to use custom themes, and that's something I'd like to have... So I suppose I'll try Ninjhax first.
that info is old (that refers to sysnand) menuhax now has its own theme option so you can use themes in sysnand and after you install cfw you can use themes on emunand just fine
I see ninjhax requires a WiFi connection -- will that force me to update to 10.3 first?
thats fine the 3ds cant update without your permission (it can only download the update then nag you to update the system daily) if you do get this nag you can remove it easily
After downgrading to 9.2, menuhax seems to have stopped working. I've tried going into menuhax manager, deleting and reinstalling menuhax, but it always seem to freeze on the yellow screen on load. Is there anything I can do about this? Browserhax still works, so there's not really a problem right now I guess, but I'd like to get menuhax working.
remove the menuhax ropinpayload for 10.3 from the sd card root then change the theme and reinstall menuhax . . .

Last edited by wormdood,
Reactions: Smash Br0
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hey, y'all. Idiot incoming here. I'm trying to downgrade my 3dsxl from 9.4.0-21E to 9.2.
I was following a guide but it was more to downgrade specifically from 10.3.0-28.
Is there a guide for my firmware or something? Thanks.
I suck at finding what I need...

VIIth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I was away for the week and just now I'm seeing I can downgrade to 9.2!
Let's see if I got this right, please help me a bit:

1. Install a entrypoint and make it work.
I'm on 10.3.0-28U. I've already got Ironhax (Working) and Home Menu Hax (also working), both via Browserhax.
2. Grab the 9.2.0-20U firmware "upgrade" file.
My 3DS is an american one in 10.3.0-28U. I got the 9.2.0-20U upgrade cias from somewhere and checked the MD5 and SHA-1 so to confirm they're the correct files. They are.
3. Follow https://gbatemp.net/threads/simple-guide-to-downgrading-your-3ds.407888/ to downgrade to 9.2.0-20U

I successfully downgraded to 9.2.0-20U after the second try (I didn't know I had to turn wifi on the first time). After downgrading, I got the message of the theme shop being open and in System Settings I get Ver. 9.2.0-20U.
4. Following https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...ncluding-emunand-coldboot-cia-manager.405589/
I'm going to separate this in sub-steps, so I document everything as I go:

4a - Setting up Emunand
Here's my problem so far. I can open the homebrew launcher through Browserhax so to open PastaCFW, which takes me back to the Home Menu, but from here on, I can't open the Homebrew Launcher the same way I did before. The bottom screen becomes gray but I can't do anything, not even turn it off unless I hold the power button. The gray screen when it freezes is the same that appears when I launch the hmlauncher the first time, but this time it just stays there. If I scroll, I can see the scrollbar in the top screen still selected.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, y'all. Idiot incoming here. I'm trying to downgrade my 3dsxl from 9.4.0-21E to 9.2.
I was following a guide but it was more to downgrade specifically from 10.3.0-28.
Is there a guide for my firmware or something? Thanks.
I suck at finding what I need...
the exploit works from 9.3 to 10.3 so your good (if it fails and you dont have dns spoofing going then you can recover to 10.3 and try again) so if you got it remove tubehax dns first then go for it

jlucasp25

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
as long as you did not format both sysnand and emunand then yes (the folder with the games/saves in it is inside Nintendo 3ds folder (the one with the random numbers and letters if the old one matches one of the two on the current card copy it over and then you are good
it should be ok . . . install rxtools now

correct on both counts
this is a bad way to update and can lead to its own set of issues there is a way to hack all 9.2 or lower consoles then update using sysupdater (note the version will be different then the one used for the downgrade)

It didn't work, the 3ds doesn't show the games and cannot boot rxtools. Also inside the Nintendo3ds folder is only one folder with the long numbers and letters.

JinSaiYa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Hey Guys,

When I try to run menuhax on emunand 10.3 (RxTools) it gives me an error and makes me restart the sistem.

I already pressed "Y" while loading the Homebrew launcher cia I installed and it did install the payload. After this I modfied the payload to run my homebrew channel 3dsx (using CTR).

Anyone know?

Thanks

cdd6999335c11015630976172acc9990.jpg

bff9023cb05c2382c2dadc6b715afc5a.jpg

Guys,

Sorry to be repetitive but, Any ideas?

Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
    +1
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @rqkaiju2, Physical media is a great source for archiving your data, none of that cloud storage shiz.
    +1
    [squeezes @SylverReZ onto a physical media, then archives you in my old stuff box] :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
    +1
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, Lmao +1