CompC

Trophies
Website
josh.birnholz.com
XP
Country
United States
You can keep if you do things correctly
1) Back up your nand before you unlink with emuNAND9, as well as copy the Nintendo 3ds folder in your sd card
2) give to system format, take out sd card before you system format
3) put sd card back in when you boot 3ds, this unlink your nand
4) use the program emunand tool vs 1.0.1 (not 1.0.3), inject the nand you backed up in step 1. This make sure the nand in emunand is the same as your original
5) merge your backed up Nintendo 3ds folder in step 1 with the new nintendo 3ds folder. Note, look inside the Nintendo 4ds folder. The folder that was in step 1 is your emunand while that one after unlink is your sysnand
I'm doing this right now -- should I be doing this from System Settings in sysnand, or emunand? Which one am I backing up, formatting, and then restoring? Thanks.

daicon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone found out a way to get rid of the mysterious black blank icons on the home menu within emunand, besides picking through BBM?

also thanks for all the help, expecially @wormdood I'm sitting pretty autobooting into emunand with my backups handy

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
also thanks for all the help, expecially @wormdood I'm sitting pretty autobooting into emunand with my backups handy
your welcome
Has anyone found out a way to get rid of the mysterious black blank icons on the home menu within emunand, besides picking through BBM?
also i would like to take credit for this method you are referring to . . . lol before i realized the squares can be removed with bbm the advice being handed out in gbatemp was either
this problem can be caused a bug and/or user error (if caused by the bug then manually removing them may not work)
1. to restore the backup from before they existed
2. put them in a folder and ignore them
3. use this website Title list - 3dbrew to verify what titles should be installed to sysnand destination nand and delete anything that does not compare properly in emunand destination nand (not safe in my opinion)

4. so after some trial and error when looking for a better cia installer (i hate fbi btw) i found that bbm only shows titles that have been added to the system (including legal eshop downloads) so the thing is if anything appears 2 or more times delete it bbm will only delete the copies and the black box will be gone
edit sorry forgot the website for method 3

Last edited by wormdood,
Reactions: daicon

the assaf

Trophies
XP
Country
Can you explain me about emunand installing? How I can clone my sysNAND and to a new emuNAND? Can I install emunand without formatting the entire SD card? Thanks

thedude28

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can you explain me about emunand installing? How I can clone my sysNAND and to a new emuNAND? Can I install emunand without formatting the entire SD card? Thanks

You clone your sysnand into emunand by formatting emunand. You can't install emunand without formatting the entire SD card.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi guys, i have a really big problem with my 3DS.
I were using a 4GB sd card on my O3DS to run some games and i bought a 8GB card to upgrade my system memory. I copied everything from the sd to my pc and to the new sd card and formated the console (i think i messed up everything here) and run the new sd card with all the old files from the old sd on my 3DS.
It does not recognized any game and also i cant download them from the eshop for free again. What can i do?

PS: Firmware 10.3.

yeah, there was no need to format the console. if you have no cfw any emunand installed, you really just need to turn the 3ds off, copy and paste from one sd to the other and then start the 3ds with your new sd inserted.
if you have emunand installed and i'd guess unlinked, its a bit more complicated, since you also need to backup your emunand with emunand9, then set up an emunand partition on the new sd, card, insert your backed up emunand in that new partition and then copy all your old sd files on the new sd.

anyway, i don't think there's much to break here anymore (that is as long as you don't use cfw/emunand!!), so you might want to try formatting the system once more with the new sd card insertet. that should remove the not recognized game files on it, then go to system settings and NNID settings and set up your nnid again. afterwards, you should be able to redownload everything you legally bought from the eshop again.

and as long as you're on 10.3, you can still set up homebrew through browserhax and then menuhax (ironhax is unobtainable once again) if you cared about that.

daicon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
your welcome
also i would like to take credit for this method you are referring to . . . lol before i realized the squares can be removed with bbm the advice being handed out in gbatemp was either
this problem can be caused a bug and/or user error (if caused by the bug then manually removing them may not work)
1. to restore the backup from before they existed
2. put them in a folder and ignore them
3. use this website Title list - 3dbrew to verify what titles should be installed to sysnand destination nand and delete anything that does not compare properly in emunand destination nand (not safe in my opinion)

4. so after some trial and error when looking for a better cia installer (i hate fbi btw) i found that bbm only shows titles that have been added to the system (including legal eshop downloads) so the thing is if anything appears 2 or more times delete it bbm will only delete the copies and the black box will be gone
edit sorry forgot the website for method 3
Thanks, using method 4 I was able to get rid of 1/2 black boxes

Is anyone familiar with a program: CTR-N-A88E ?

Doesn't appear in any of the databases or google search

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I asked this a while ago but got not response; I installed CFW and all: is there any way to access my eShop games or do I just have to download the cias for each one and svdt all the savefiles from my backup?

technically, if you have cfw and unlinked your sys-and emunands, you can update emunand to 10.3 firmware and should regain access to your games.
if you dont have them unlinked, dont update anything, as it would most likely update both nands and you'd have to start over again.

depending on how you setup your cfw though, you might get an error when trying to connect to nnid (so miiverse, eshop and badge arcade wouldn't work for example) and you'd also get an error while trying to enter NNID settings from emunand.
is this what's happening to you right now?

alternatively, of course, you could also use cias and svdt if you already have your saves backed up

Last edited by Clydefrosch,

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I haven't really been keeping up with the scene this last month or so, but have noticed a lot of activity. so i'm wondering if there's a better way of booting emunand automatically than menuhax yet? and is there a way to remove the updatenag from emunand yet? these two things are the only things that are ruining an otherwise perfect 3DS experience.

trsoares

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
How updates .cia works with files?

Can i just update the game When the "message" appears or i need to do something different?

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i have a noob question too.
On region free patched us games (I'm on Eur emunand) that give you an update prompt on the home menu, can i just hit Y and get the right update, or do I have to use update cias for those?
Getting my regions update files from the eshop doesn't work at least.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I haven't really been keeping up with the scene this last month or so, but have noticed a lot of activity. so i'm wondering if there's a better way of booting emunand automatically than menuhax yet? and is there a way to remove the updatenag from emunand yet? these two things are the only things that are ruining an otherwise perfect 3DS experience.

as far as i know, menuhax is still the prefered way. emunand update nag, if you were on o3ds with unlinked nands, you should just be able to update emunand to 10.3. but on n3ds, i guess you'll have do deal with it for the time being.

JinSaiYa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Guys i have a somewhat noob question.
My current setup us:

- Old 3DS
- Downgraded SysNAND 9.2
- EmuNand 10.3
- RxTools 3.0
- CTRMANAGER
- Menuhax 2.1 SysNAND

I have everything running well but

1. I cant load homebrew menu on my EmuNand, it just keeps going to CTRmanager. This tells me that I cant load homebrew stuff on emunand. Any tips?

2. Cant change themes on Emunand. I downloaded a theme and placed it in the menuhax folder. I installed it using menuhax but it only change my sysnand theme and not the emuNAND theme.

3. Everytime I load the sysnand I have to "unwrap" the games I have installed on emunand.

Any help is apreciated.

vexhash

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
i have a noob question too.
On region free patched us games (I'm on Eur emunand) that give you an update prompt on the home menu, can i just hit Y and get the right update, or do I have to use update cias for those?
Getting my regions update files from the eshop doesn't work at least.
Pressing Y at homemenu and downloading update data from eshop is basically the same thing, so it's no use. You should download update cias for needed region.

I have a question. Are there cia savedata managers other than savedatafiler?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo