• Replies 53,775
  • Likes 43

LittleXiao

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So it gave me an error and crashed the browser. I may have done something stupid, so here's a few things:
1. Are the files from the rxTools.zip supposed to go on the root of the SD card, or another folder in the root? If so, what's the subfolder called?
2. Is this just another one of those things that takes multiple times?
3. Will rxTools 2.6 work fine, or will I have to used the rxTools 3 alpha?

Rohul1997

Trophies
XP
Country
So it gave me an error and crashed the browser. I may have done something stupid, so here's a few things:
1. Are the files from the rxTools.zip supposed to go on the root of the SD card, or another folder in the root? If so, what's the subfolder called?
2. Is this just another one of those things that takes multiple times?
3. Will rxTools 2.6 work fine, or will I have to used the rxTools 3 alpha?
I'll tell you what you can do I'm going to send you a link for rxtools that I have set up. here - https://mega.nz/#!5p9kmAST!RfbbiEQ0uD63cQ3yfobxRmD3GMtOkUKVG-EukwZd0V4
Before you do anything delete the rxtools folder thats already on your sd card.
All you have to do now is extract the file that I sent and copy the rxtools folder to the root of your sd card. Don't touch any files just eject and insert the sd card onto your 3ds and launch rxtools.

Last edited by Rohul1997,
Reactions: Xen0

baven6er

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have two SD Cards, and both have eShop game saves (I just care about one, though). If I format one to use the EmuNAND process, can I use the other which is unformatted with the previous save data?

LittleXiao

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll tell you what you can do I'm going to send you a link for rxtools that I have set up. here - https://mega.nz/#!5p9kmAST!RfbbiEQ0uD63cQ3yfobxRmD3GMtOkUKVG-EukwZd0V4
All you have to do now is extract the file that I sent and copy the rxtools folder to the root of your sd card. Don't touch any files just eject and insert the sd card onto your 3ds and launch rxtools.
Well, the browser thing opened up and installed some essential files. Then I opened it up again, it showed the rxTools logo and rebooted into the home menu. What just happened, and why doesn't it work when I boot it from Ninjhax/Homebrew Launcher?

Hey, my system settings reads RX-E! That obviously means something happened.

Rohul1997

Trophies
XP
Country
Well, the browser thing opened up and installed some essential files. Then I opened it up again, it showed the rxTools logo and rebooted into the home menu. What just happened, and why doesn't it work when I boot it from Ninjhax/Homebrew Launcher?
I think Rxtools installed successfully
from the home menu go on settings and could you tell me what fw version it shows?

thedude28

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Hey, my system settings reads RX-E! That obviously means something happened.

It doesn't have a 100% bootrate so it freezes sometimes. But if you see RX-E then you've successfully booted into Emunand.

LittleXiao

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think Rxtools installed successfully
from the home menu go on settings and could you tell me what fw version it shows?
The firmware reads RX-E 9.2.0-20U. I think that means it installed, but how do I access the config menus and stuff? It still won't work in Ninjhax for some reason and (expectedly) goes back to normal firmware when I reboot it. Thanks for helping me get this far, though.

Rohul1997

Trophies
XP
Country
The firmware reads RX-E 9.2.0-20U. I think that means it installed, but how do I access the config menus and stuff? It still won't work in Ninjhax for some reason and (expectedly) goes back to normal firmware when I reboot it. Thanks for helping me get this far, though.
You have successfully installed RXtools if you reboot it will go back to sysnand and if you go into settings and then back out it will go back to sysnand. So you have to launch rxtools like that everytime.
To access the rxtools config menu you have to hold the L trigger button while launch Rxtools. Its not working for ninjihax because you need the .3dsx file

Xen0

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Have the same problem, going to try this :)
btw thank you very much for helping noobs out this much :D

LittleXiao

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have successfully installed RXtools if you reboot it will go back to sysnand and if you go into settings and then back out it will go back to sysnand. So you have to launch rxtools like that everytime.
To access the rxtools config menu you have to hold the L trigger button while launch Rxtools. Its not working for ninjihax because you need the .3dsx file
Well, crap. I'm reading the tutorial pdf and it says that it won't work if the last digit of your system firmware is 0. Am I basically screwed? I have the .3dsx file, by the way. Thanks for helping me out.

Rohul1997

Trophies
XP
Country
Have the same problem, going to try this :)
btw thank you very much for helping noobs out this much :D
No problem Mate

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Well, crap. I'm reading the tutorial pdf and it says that it won't work if the last digit of your system firmware is 0. Am I basically screwed? I have the .3dsx file, by the way. Thanks for helping me out.
It's already working on your 3ds so there's nothing to worry about

Extract and put these files on your sd card and try launching rxtools with ninjihax. - https://mega.nz/#!Jw0EGTAa!wjDgU_91SRYyIPVrrm5eIB8F5ubWIS6iQDc6wQPgWvo
After that you have to continue following the guide where it says to inject fbi.

If I backup my NAND, and then format, will I still be able to use the old backup?
Yes, but you will need to inject it

kn1v3s

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
I've successfully downgraded to 9.2 and have set up rxTools and FBI properly. Here's a n00b-ish question...

Is it possible for me to use multiple SD cards in conjunction with rxtools? I currently have everything on a 4GB card, and I have a spare 4GB as well as another 2GB card. Is it possible to mix and match these while installing CIAs? Or do I need to purchase a larger card?

anyone?

Rohul1997

Trophies
XP
Country
I have two SD Cards, and both have eShop game saves (I just care about one, though). If I format one to use the EmuNAND process, can I use the other which is unformatted with the previous save data?
I think you will be able to but to be on the safer side it best to use 1 sd card

Like I said it is possible but it may cause a lot of problems so its best to be on the safer side and use 1 sd card with high storage

LittleXiao

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Extract and put these files on your sd card and try launching rxtools with ninjihax. - https://mega.nz/#!Jw0EGTAa!wjDgU_91SRYyIPVrrm5eIB8F5ubWIS6iQDc6wQPgWvo
After that you have to continue following the guide where it says to inject fbi.
I've put those two files into every folder possible (3ds, ninjhax, root, 3ds/rxTools) and none of it is working. Where on the SD card am I supposed to put these? And even in the browser, how come holding down R doesn't boot up the menu for me? Sorry about all these dumb questions, but I'm trying to get this set up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Spring is in the air. +1