• Replies 53,787
  • Likes 43

LittleXiao

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, so I think I unlinked my emuNAND. Booting up rxTools via Menuhax still doesn't work, but it works just fine from the browser. rxTools FBI integration didn't work; it's still the original Health and Safety. Upon booting my emuNAND, everything is the same as far as I'm aware, including the custom theme I installed as part of Menuhax. Is it safe to update my emuNAND via system settings?

thatbooisaspy

Trophies
XP
Country
Alright, so I think I unlinked my emuNAND. Booting up rxTools via Menuhax still doesn't work, but it works just fine from the browser. rxTools FBI integration didn't work; it's still the original Health and Safety. Upon booting my emuNAND, everything is the same as far as I'm aware, including the custom theme I installed as part of Menuhax. Is it safe to update my emuNAND via system settings?
How are you booting rxTools using menuhax? Using ctrbootmanager? If so post your boot.cfg or at least check if the values are correct (path and offset).

It ""should"" be safe to update emuNAND through system settings from what I've heard but other people got error codes. If you want to be sure, you can manually update through sysupdater and get cia's from 3DNus.

Rohul1997

Trophies
XP
Country
Did you inject the correct files? these are the steps
STEP 4a - Only for users without the Gateway card or a Cubic Ninja game (O3DS and 2DS)

Users have reported this not working when your nands are still linked! I recommend unlinking your nands first! Read the section "Emunand Information" below!

Download FBI.cia

1. Boot up your 3DS and launch rxTools. Hold L when the bottom screen glitches to get into the menu.

2. Press dpad RIGHT to go to Advanced Options -> Press A -> Install FBI -> Press A -> choose EMUNAND, then select "check TMD version".
If you want to install GBA/DSi games in the future:
Choose sysnand the second time you go over this section (Step 4a)
3. Take note of the console region and the TMD version, and turn off your 3DS.

4. Open the rxtools download and open the "Tools/fbi_injection/[region]/[version]" folder and copy the "fbi_inject.app" and "fbi_inject.tmd" files to the SD card root dir.

5. Put the FBI.cia from the FBI download onto your sd card

6. Boot up your 3DS and launch rxTools. Hold L when the bottom screen glitches to get into the menu.

7. Press dpad RIGHT to go to Advanced Options -> Press A -> Install FBI -> Press A -> choose EMUNAND, then select "Install FBI". When it's done, it will ask what you want to do with the source. Select "keep" if you want to install FBI to sysnand later.
If you want to install GBA/DSi games in the future:
Repeat lines 1-5 again, this time Injecting FBI to Sysnand
8. Now, return to the rxtools main menu and select RXMODE -> EMUNAND and launch the Health & Safety Information app, it should boot FBI instead
To boot into Sysnand: Hold L when the bottom screen glitches to get into the menu, then select RXMODE -> SYSNAND.
9. Select FBI.cia and press A to install it.

If you get a Database error!

10. You should now have a new FBI app on your home menu, use that to install your CIAs!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It should be safe to update your emunand but you must make sure it says rx-e next to the fw

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Bye guys i'm off

Last edited by Rohul1997,

LittleXiao

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh duh, no wonder booting with Menuhax wasn't working. I was trying to boot it from the Homebrew Launcher rather than with ctrboot. I've installed the homebrew launcher cia on my (now 10.3) emunand and apparently it doesn't work with ctrboot. Is there any way around this?

Xen0

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Oh duh, no wonder booting with Menuhax wasn't working. I was trying to boot it from the Homebrew Launcher rather than with ctrboot. I've installed the homebrew launcher cia on my (now 10.3) emunand and apparently it doesn't work with ctrboot. Is there any way around this?
I can´t help with your problem, but could you say me either you formated/resettet your sysnand or emunand in order to unlink them?

AceEvo55

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys,

My girlfriend's 3DS is prompting her to update her Streetpass Mii Plaza, but I fear updating it and updating the firmware as well or anything else.

Any suggestions, or personal experience with this, would be great!

Thanks a lot,
Ace

YyAoMmIi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My turn to ask a Noon question
I followed this tutorial:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...dboot-cia-manager.405589/page-20#post-5926566
Thought I did everything right, but I didn't see FBI at the end (I did run FBI cia while in FBI), so this gives you and idea at the end.
So I used the HS app injection method for that.

1) what happened to my mii and mii plaza? It all gone
2) all the apps I had before the emunand stuff is gone, but I assume that supposed happen, right, and I just need to redownload it.
3) how to regain eshop access?
4) does sleep mode still work with the whole emunand and sysnand stuff? A few time I closed my N3ds, then it goes black screen and forces a manual reboot

Last edited by YyAoMmIi,

hhs

You will not like the outcome of this encounter
Trophies
XP
Country
Alright I'm followinga video guide by mrmario2011 and put the dat file in the sd, go to the gateway site and it does the freeze but loads back to main menu and not the gateway menu like it did for him.

What did I miss?

Nevermind. Had to remove red card first.

Last edited by hhs,

LittleXiao

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, shit, I totally screwed up. I got rid of my emuNAND while reformatting my system for the eShop, and now my sysNAND is 10.3. Guess that's it until I can get around to downgrading again, which this took me all day just to do so I don't really feel like it. Thanks anyway.

Last edited by LittleXiao,

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I'm following this guide using 03DS on 9.2

https://gbatemp.net/threads/wip-complete-custom-firmware-guide.396349/

Successfully launched Cakes, now I'm at step 6 to inject FBI into Health & Safety. I've followed the steps very carefully, and I've tried both cias generated, with and without banner, and when I try to inject into H&S it always says it fails because it cannot read the hs.app

Any idea what I might be doing wrong?

Edit: Okay, I used the generator again, and this time it ran successfully, but when I opened H&S it said there was an error, told me to redownload it, and now the icon gone from my home screen!

What should I do now?

Last edited by regnad,

probablygay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I boot straight to emunand on an EU N3ds non XL, downgraded to 9.2? Also, can I have my emunand be a different region than my sysnand? Essentially trying to turn this EUN3ds into a USA N3DS with all my games installed to and bootable from the home screen.

I think I'm a tad overwhelmed by the sheer volume of information and various tutorials. It would be really really awesome if someone could just link me to the tutorials I need to follow to accomplish this. Just want to never have to carry a game cartridge around with me again :).

Last edited by probablygay,

thedude28

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can I boot straight to emunand on an EU N3ds non XL, downgraded to 9.2? Also, can I have my emunand be a different region than my sysnand? Essentially trying to turn this EUN3ds into a USA N3DS with all my games installed to and bootable from the home screen.

I think I'm a tad overwhelmed by the sheer volume of information and various tutorials. It would be really really awesome if someone could just link me to the tutorials I need to follow to accomplish this. Just want to never have to carry a game cartridge around with me again :).

Yes, I think so at least. You can boot straight into Homebrew/rxtools/cakesfw which can boot into Emunand. After you get emunand working, you can region change it.

probablygay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I think so at least. You can boot straight into Homebrew/rxtools/cakesfw which can boot into Emunand. After you get emunand working, you can region change it.

I see. So it seems my best bet is to get rxtools set up, set up an emunand, and then set up all my games on that.

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Please help! :(

I have a 9.2 O3DS with Cakes. I tried injecting FBI into H&S following GBATemp guide here to the letter, which succeeded, but then when I opened H&S from the home menu, it told me there was an error and I should redownload it. Now the H&S icon is gone.

Is this going to prevent me from being able to install cias? I sincerely hope this won't force me to upgrade back to 10.3 just to redownload H&S, and then go through the whole downgrading process again. :(

TehVillylol

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Noob question,
Im new to CFW and GW- I downgraded my sysnand to 9.2 .
I've got into gateway menu (no card yet)
and made nand backup.
What am I supposed to do from now on?
Im thinking to get Rxtools and I dont even understand how to do that..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, https://youtu.be/KaMSXIRReOo?si=2hRoijJtiwPUHXk5