• Start date
  • Views 4,446,131
  • Replies 53,769
  • Likes 43

adam1290

Trophies
XP
Country
While you're unlinking NANDs, there's no risk of updating. You only have to format sysNAND, which will not require you to update. You may be prompted to connect to the internet, but it will not prompt you to update.

The only risk of updating sysNAND is if you don't verify that you're in emuNAND before you update; which is the same risk as using a 3DS flashcart.

It's very simple to install cias once you're finished. Just place the cia on the root of your SD card and use one of the cia managers to install it.

Thanks for this. I'll run before I can walk though! I will follow the tutorial and then I'm sure I'll be able to work out when I'm in emunand using the Gateway files as the FW letters have a pre(suf)fix anyway. Thank you again, I'm sure it's annoying when someone is asking mundane questions that everyone in the scene already knows! I am pretty computer savvy so let's give it a go!

BothyBhoy

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for this. I'll run before I can walk though! I will follow the tutorial and then I'm sure I'll be able to work out when I'm in emunand using the Gateway files as the FW letters have a pre(suf)fix anyway. Thank you again, I'm sure it's annoying when someone is asking mundane questions that everyone in the scene already knows! I am pretty computer savvy so let's give it a go!

np best of luck......

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No problem! This is the noob paradise! It's for asking questions when you're not sure about something, whether they've been asked once or a thousand times!

BothyBhoy

Trophies
XP
Country
No problem! This is the noob paradise! It's for asking questions when you're not sure about something, whether they've been asked once or a thousand times!
im not too sure on a point regarding virtual console if i install dsiware to play on emunand then thatll use the mset exploit for rxtools.....so after i play dsiware titles ill have to reinstall mset for rxtools is that correct.......thx

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
im not too sure on a point regarding virtual console if i install dsiware to play on emunand then thatll use the mset exploit for rxtools.....so after i play dsiware titles ill have to reinstall mset for rxtools is that correct.......thx
If you're using an O3DS, yes you will have to reintsall the MSET exploit after using DSiWare. If you're using an N3DS, it's actually possible to get the MSET exploit to stick, even after launching DS software.

BothyBhoy

Trophies
XP
Country
If you're using an O3DS, yes you will have to reintsall the MSET exploit after using DSiWare. If you're using an N3DS, it's actually possible to get the MSET exploit to stick, even after launching DS software.

sorry im not thinking straight tonight i am on o3ds 4.5 E system......10.3 emunand....and this is final step to get it all working just howling themes to fix up then thatll be that thx

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
sorry im not thinking straight tonight i am on o3ds 4.5 E system......10.3 emunand....and this is final step to get it all working just howling themes to fix up then thatll be that thx
Oh sorry, I missed the part on your post about launching DSiWare in emuNAND. No, launching DSiWare from emuNAND shouldn't clear the MSET exploit.

ReDEyeDz

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I'm very sorry for probably stupid questions, but I tried finding them myself, but got a little lost in this forum.

I have New3DSXL with 9.0 firmware with Blue Sky3ds cartridge.
1) Is there any chance that I would be able to play Fire Emblem IF and Monster Hunter X? At least in a future?
2) Should I buy orange sky3ds (or may be other alternatives)? It's very expensive.
3) Should I modify my n3dsxl somehow for custom firmwares? I'm an average user.

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm very sorry for probably stupid questions, but I tried finding them myself, but got a little lost in this forum.

1) Is there any chance that I would be able to play Fire Emblem IF and Monster Hunter X? At least in a future?
2) Should I buy orange sky3ds (or may be other alternatives)? It's very expensive.
Not stupid questions at all! Better to ask and find out, then to not know and end up making a mistake!

1. Yes, but not with the blue button Sky3DS. You have a 9.0 firmware N3DS, which is exploitable. You can set up CFW on your N3DS and use that to play Fire Emblem and Monster Hunter. A guide for setting up CFW on the N3DS can be found here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-install-a-cfw-on-a-9-0-9-2-n3ds-without-cn-oot.398394/.

2. Nope, 9.0 firmware is exploitable. You can use CFW which is free!

3. Yes. It is not too complicated if you follow the tutorials. Just be sure to know some of the common terms used in 3DS modding (NAND, sysNAND, emuNAND, cias, etc...).

Reactions: wormdood

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

1. sky claims there is
2. if you want but
It's very expensive
3. yes sir [Tutorial] How-to install a CFW on a 9.0-9.2 N3DS without CN/OOT use this guide its easy
Edit: fudge bob is faster at the keys

Last edited by wormdood,
Reactions: BobDoleOwndU

Home_Rowed

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
. . .your card is not a clone of r4i gold or orange they are all gateway clones and as such gateway guides and files will should work for them :unsure: (but i would avoid the latest as they may be bricking consoles again) personally i would use cfw instead of a flashcard any day its really not as hard as you think [Tutorial] Installing rxTools Custom Firmware - (Old 3DS and 2DS)

but as far as updates you only need to be in emunand and go to system settings and go directly to the update option and use it (make an emunand backup first Emunand Tool

Do CFWs support the latest games now?

ReDEyeDz

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I certainly didn't expect such fast and detailed answers! Thank you all very much!

Just checked the guide for installing CFW and I'm scared.

Last edited by ReDEyeDz,

Home_Rowed

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you get the Sky3ds+ you can install Ninjhax and use that to install Ironhax again.

That way you can boot Ironhax to load the region free launcher and use out of regiom games in the Sky3ds+ without having to scroll through the roms to load Cubic Ninja every time.

First load rxTools menu, choose to boot rxMode into sysnand and then keep any buttons pressed so it doesn't loop back to Menuhax.

By "use that to install Ironhax again" you mean if you already have the old version of Iron Fall Invasion? Or is there some way to get the old version with Ninjhax? Or is there a new version of Ironhax for the latest eShop version?

BlandDecore

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey guys, my New 3DS XL is on a slightly older firmware so that I can run browserhax, 2 away from whatever the latest is I think. anyway, is there any way to update my Super Smash to the latest version without updating my system software and killing off homebrew access?

Last edited by BlandDecore,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto