• Views 4,480,382
  • Replies 53,786
  • Likes 43

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
taken from here [Tutorial] Installing rxTools Custom Firmware - (Old 3DS and 2DS)
@Tony_93 also the reason i thought you could play dsiware from emunand

Yeah, "reportedly" tells me that author has not tried it himself.

Anyways I think it has something to do with the way they are installed themselves.

All games and even GBA games have to be installed to the SD card, DSiware in the other hand are the only games that are installed to the NAND and have nothing to do with your SD, since emunand is located in your SD you really can't boot them from there.

Reactions: samiam144

BothyBhoy

Trophies
XP
Country
taken from here [Tutorial] Installing rxTools Custom Firmware - (Old 3DS and 2DS)
thank you for that ....ive been using that tutorial for the past week and never noticed that section i been looking for a couple of days try putting "virtual console" into searhbox and see what you get lol... thank youonce again

Yeah, "reportedly" tells me that author has not tried it himself.

Anyways I think it has something to do with the way they are installed themselves.

All games and even GBA games have to be installed to the SD card, DSiware in the other hand are the only games that are installed to the NAND and have nothing to do with your SD, since emunand is located in your SD you really can't boot them from there.
so dsiware must be installed to the nand......but whats the case if the dsi title has been coverted to a cia file...... gba stuff converted to cia and installed work no problem but dsi ware converted to cia dont work at all they return some error or another......thx

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thank you for that ....ive been using that tutorial for the past week and never noticed that section i been looking for a couple of days try putting "virtual console" into searhbox and see what you get lol... thank youonce again

so dsiware must be installed to the nand......but whats the case if the dsi title has been coverted to a cia file...... gba stuff converted to cia and installed work no problem but dsi ware converted to cia dont work at all they return some error or another......thx

We were talking about DSiware titles installed as cias... There is no other way to install games aside from legitimately buying them, which again don't work in emunand/sysnand only.

Last edited by Tony_93,

BothyBhoy

Trophies
XP
Country
We were talking about DSiware titles installed as cias... There is no other way to install games aside from legitimately buying them.

yeah right so dsi NOT converted to cia should work ok.....ill just have to reinstall mset for rxtools....cos dsiware will knock that out.......thx better that way i think

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can anyone confirm if the Gateway files will work with the clone cards? Like, if anyone has any experience with this!
If you're talking about the 3DS cart, don't use them. Gateway has brick code that will brick your 3DS if you use it with a clone cart. If you mean the DS flashcart, I'm not sure.

BothyBhoy

Trophies
XP
Country
Can anyone confirm if the Gateway files will work with the clone cards? Like, if anyone has any experience with this!

as far as i know all that works is launcher.dat on sd card is all that works.....if you have 4 or 6 mset you can launch rxtools or gateway launcher from profile hack using DS card

adam1290

Trophies
XP
Country
as far as i know all that works is launcher.dat on sd card is all that works.....if you have 4 or 6 mset you can launch rxtools or gateway launcher from profile hack using DS card

I am wanting to basically update my emunand using a 3DS Link, I am apprehensive about installing rxtools! But I don't know if I am booted into emunand or not. I hold L and press profile and it crashes, if I just press the profile it reboots and I am able to play OLD games using my flashcart. I just want to be able to run newer games on it and figured I needed to update my emunand.

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am wanting to basically update my emunand using a 3DS Link, I am apprehensive about installing rxtools! But I don't know if I am booted into emunand or not. I hold L and press profile and it crashes, if I just press the profile it reboots and I am able to play OLD games using my flashcart. I just want to be able to run newer games on it and figured I needed to update my emunand.
The 3DS Link is a very old and outdated flashcart. You will not be able to update your emuNAND using it. Honestly, rxTools would be a good idea. It's not too hard to set up, and there's next to no risk of doing harm to your console. It also supports cold booting, which you may be interested in. Once you've got it set up, you'll be able to update emuNAND.

There is a very detailed guide on setting up rxTools here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-installing-rxtools-custom-firmware-3ds-and-2ds.390867/. It goes through the entire process, step by step.

Reactions: samiam144

adam1290

Trophies
XP
Country
The 3DS Link is a very old and outdated flashcart. You will not be able to update your emuNAND using it. Honestly, rxTools would be a good idea. It's not too hard to set up, and there's next to no risk doing harm to your console. It also supports cold booting, which you may be interested in. Once you've got it set up, you'll be able to update emuNAND.

There is a very detailed guide on setting up rxTools here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-installing-rxtools-custom-firmware-3ds-and-2ds.390867/. It goes through the entire process, step by step.

That is the tutorial I was linked to already, I think I will go ahead and try it. The part that worries me is needing to unlink the nands otherwise I risk updating my sysnand. I assume it's easy enough to install .cia files once done?

BothyBhoy

Trophies
XP
Country

if you create a folder in system nand and call it System Nand .....and maybe change the theme to the red one then when you boot up 3ds and you see red theme and a folder with the capital s on it then youll know your in system nand

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

if you create a folder in system nand and call it System Nand .....and maybe change the theme to the red one then when you boot up 3ds and you see red theme and a folder with the capital s on it then youll know your in system nand

you cd also create a folder in emunand call it emunand and change to a different theme then that wd help also.....

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That is the tutorial I was linked to already, I think I will go ahead and try it. The part that worries me is needing to unlink the nands otherwise I risk updating my sysnand. I assume it's easy enough to install .cia files once done?
While you're unlinking NANDs, there's no risk of updating. You only have to format sysNAND, which will not require you to update. You may be prompted to connect to the internet, but it will not prompt you to update.

The only risk of updating sysNAND is if you don't verify that you're in emuNAND before you update; which is the same risk as using a 3DS flashcart.

It's very simple to install cias once you're finished. Just place the cia on the root of your SD card and use one of the cia managers to install it.

BothyBhoy

Trophies
XP
Country
when your formatting system nand REMOVE sd card from 3ds and to install cia files i use bigbluemenu which gives more information i.e. blocks left and space left on sd card

Reactions: adam1290

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4